• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Finalow

didn't even realize this was starting now

busy week but I'll try to watch what I can, lots of interesting runs this year too.

TheContact

Been watching these since 2012 when it was just s few people on a couch at someone's house. I look forward to these every year. Such great event so

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
There a link of the Halo run available anywhere yet? Had to help with a move while it was on. :(

The Metroid Prime run was entertaining, as always.

Darkwing's final evolution was similar to a lion, and The Lion King is next.

f25.gif

Really wish they hadn't switched from avwrmedia cards last year... Whatever they use for capture this year freaks out way too often on classic consoles.

"Here comes an incredibly difficult jump... *Screen cuts out* and he's done it!"

Sigh.

I was on the fence on watching the Nier run as I haven't bought the game yet and intend to someday (sadly the budget and time to play isn't there right now). Really glad I ended up watching the run anyway. halfcoordinated is amazing and I hope he keeps running for a long time.

Shame about the SoTN record breaking run done in the practice room with absolutely no proof. Maybe they should have recording equipment in there. Splitting and capture devices for HDMI-outputting consoles that save to an SD card aren't terribly expensive.

Platy

Shame about the SoTN record breaking run done in the practice room with absolutely no proof. Maybe they should have recording equipment in there. Splitting and capture devices for HDMI-outputting consoles that save to an SD card aren't terribly expensive.

They broke again in the stream so it was not that bad

They broke again in the stream so it was not that bad

Admittedly it was late but I wasn't sure if the stream run was better than the practice room run. The way he reacted to the final time suggested to me he didn't break his practice room pace.

evilalien

Admittedly it was late but I wasn't sure if the stream run was better than the practice room run. The way he reacted to the final time suggested to me he didn't break his practice room pace.

The stream run was not better than the practice room run. It is better than the previous recorded WR though.

bonus game on saturday, donations for it open on friday

Ah, would be nice.

#1 botw hasn't even been out 4 months yet.

Don't expect a major highlight one till next year.

And? I don't know how the BotW speed run scene is right now, but I remember that people finished Prey in 15 minutes just days after it was released.
4 months in the speed running scene is huuuuge.

This was Nintendo's big "speed running approach", they even somehow market it as a game that could be finished in minutes if you want to.
They were pretty pretentious about this, so not having it on such an event at all would be pretty strange to be honest.

Hesemonni

Banned
I don't doubt the runner's skills or anything I feel that Super Monkey Ball games could cool down a bit from the events :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The ape escape guy did absolutely nail everything he said was either hard or luck based that I saw.

Just a fairly unlucky Robot boss.

Top Bottom