• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

He was just making fun of the fact that the "Glitchless" category contains tons of stuff which could be called glitches. He and the runner were both clearly in on it, yet people are apparently still trying to make it into some bad thing.

Plenty of people got the joke. It just wasn't funny the second time, nevermind 40 minutes of the same tired joke over and over. The couch dude basically ruined that run.

"Guys, he was SUPPOSED to be incredibly annoying!" isn't a real solid defense.

jediyoshi

God damn, Twitch sure is a bloated cluttered piece of shit website. The UI is so ugly.

VOzmQp1.png

Hmm

TUSR

Banned
Aside from the resets, I really like when the runner delegates couch members to explain things and to get them involved on a basic level.

Aside from the resets, I really like when the runner delegates couch members to explain things and to get them involved on a basic level.

Agreed... too many dead couches. It's completely understandable that a speed runner may be a bit distracted running the game.

That said, I also like when the announcer gets in on it. Edobean does, and sometimes PMG does, but the majority never join in except for donations.

(edit) Ouch... OUCH... this run isn't bad... but it is painful.

So far behind? They look right on schedule unless they've been modifying their schedule. 4:30 is Kirby's Dream Land 2... so they might be... 5 minutes off?

(edit) Edobean? Time for some Poyo!

Mega Man X6 was going to start at 5:15pm per the schedule last night - which had already slipped about two hours from the pre-marathon estimate. It's currently estimated to start at 6:52, so they've slipped another hour and a half since then.

I was actually making plans to leave work early to catch it, but ended up not doing so because it has shifted later, making it unnecessary. However, there's pretty much no way for me to catch Tetris the Grand Master live now, since it has slipped to past midnight my time.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I hate to be negative during a GDQ... but Edobean's "Poyo!" is starting to become a bit annoying.

As for this run, I kinda feel bad for Zorlaxseven. His buffer didn't go through :(

Veldin

Every donation comment lately has been really long, luring you into a false sense of security.

Then right at the end there's "Hey Edobean can we get a..."

Joey Ravn

Banned
I guess I'm weird in that I don't find Edobean's voice annoying at all. Her Pikachu impression got a lot of mileage last night, too.

It's not that I don't like her "POYOS!" and Pikachus. It's the constant "Hey, Edobean! Can we get a 'poyo!'/pikachu impression??" every five minutes. There's something like too much of a good thing, you know...

They're doing a three way FFVII race? Bad ass. Excited for all the runners but I'm a regular viewer of Caleb's stream so rooting for him.

Top Bottom