• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Great run it's always good to see Halo runs at GDQ also it's nice to see Halo Combat Evolved on the top 3 games of Twitch

8LC8mIP.jpg

bede-x

SxHc0Qf.gif

wew that shotgun catch how the fuck did no one clap?

Because that's quite easy. Hold down one button and you're sure to catch it. The grenade was more impressive than the catch itself though still relatively simple.

Great run btw - some amazing jumping skills - and still one of the best games ever.

Lord Phol

Have skipped a lot GDQs lately but that Gunvolt 2 run got me right back into the hype. I don't know what it is about these events but there's something really interesting with people just speeding through these games, and the community is always super fun.

Protome

"This game is really hard so I'll probably be quite quiet and my friend on the couch will do most of the talking"

*Guy on couch stays silent the entire run*

Ashby

It's fucking crazy that Mario Kart has never had a Story Mode. Rare gave them the blueprint 20 years ago!

Owensboro

It's fucking crazy that Mario Kart has never had a Story Mode. Rare gave them the blueprint 20 years ago!

Holy crap that's a good point. Mario Kart with this kind of story mode would actually be pretty cool. I'd love an actual reason to play the cups instead of just "Get Stars!"

uocooper

I'm always blown away by the super obscure tricks speed runners find in these runs. The guy in Diddy Kong racing just honked his horn at a walking clock trying to draw the clock into a tunnel. He had to honk the horn over and over and over until finally the clock guy got to the right spot which warped him to to the end of the game. How the hell did someone figure that one out? I'd love to know the stories behind more of these crazy glitches and tricks.

DKR runners are ridiculous!!
I really don't get how they are able to process everything going on, entire laps like flash before their eyes. It has to be one of the more fascinating games to be seen ran by a pro.

Top Bottom