• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

Jedi2016

Any outside device that isn't built into the game code I'm against. If there were an exploit to summon amiibo without actually scanning amiibo I'd be all for it.
That makes absolutely no sense.

You know Amiibos don't contain code, right? All the code is in the game, all it's checking for is the Amiibo's presence. And again, the devs added that functionality into the game intentionally, so I say it's fair game.

The runner during this commented that she got good rng on a scan.
The fish drop is rng, but the chances are about 30% per scan and each scan is only 10 seconds about. No Amiibo route relies on a banana drop that is a 10% chance and only has one try or reset

I mean, I know it's not what it means, but translating that back to English as "End of the Party" is fucking hilarious in it's own right.
Absolutely. I crack up every time when I see it in runs lmao

Why are you guys getting hung up on Amiibos after all the weird stuff that has been going on all week?

Like, people messing with memory values and going out of bounds into loading zones and exploiting games in every which way... and Amiibo is what breaks it for you?

I don't see why it's so hard to see that using a paid dlc , outside the game, figurine isn't going to be questioned. Any exploit within the game is cool. It's how Ive treated every game I've ever played. Silly example, I will exploit the heck out of glitches in games I play. I will not however, hack, use cheat devices ect.

That makes absolutely no sense.

You know Amiibos don't contain code, right? All the code is in the game, all it's checking for is the Amiibo's presence. And again, the devs added that functionality into the game intentionally, so I say it's fair game.

Not fair game imo unless you can summon the amiibo without the amiibo.

Coreda

AND NOT TOO MUCH FUN EITHER OR WE'LL BAN YOU

RIP Bonesaw... hope to see you next year

Someone said he merely swore three times during his run? Seems a bit odd given this GDQ there was a game that had cussing as part of the sound effects.

Jintor

man i forgot how dope cyberdemon ganon looked

And holy shit, you're allowed to be curious and ask about this stuff.

the vast majority of the time people saying 'oh she is actually a he' is a prelude to being shitty

aside from that even well-intentioned curiousity of 'oh but actually you're biologically male/female' can get pretty shitty because of the amount of people who are trying to yes actually you

it's not a good look

The fish drop is rng, but the chances are about 30% per scan and each scan is only 10 seconds about. No Amiibo route relies on a banana drop that is a 10% chance and only has one try or reset

Absolutely. I crack up every time when I see it in runs lmao

So really, the only thing using an amiibo in this Any% category does, is to get the horse done faster?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that ganon and blight fight is way more refined than last time I saw a BotW speed run.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The amiibo adds rng as well. They could just scan in powerful weapons and healing items if they wanted to try.

It's the same reason I don't like the idea of using a game genie for speed runs. Any outside device that isn't built into the game code I'm against. If there were an exploit to summon amiibo without actually scanning amiibo I'd be all for it.
I'm not a huge fan of amiibos. However, this logic actually isn't sound. The amiibos are clearly in the game code. Otherwise they wouldn't work.

So really, the only thing using an amiibo in this Any% category does, is to get the horse done faster?
Well timesave 1 is Epona and timesave 2 is the fish for cooking an attack 3 potion with a 100% chance of success. Getting the right fish to drop is rather likely and you can keep trying by scanning more Amiibo. No Amiibo also wants the attack 3 potion, but needs a banana to do so. The one required can only drop from a crate and its only 10-20% if it actually drops, otherwise its over

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This is reminding me, I never picked the game back up after the stealth section pissed me off. That was months ago.

But even if I go back, I won't be able to see Ganon, Le Fleau. So it's for the best, really

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I really like french zelda's voice.

Assuming that language is french.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Fuck this makes me really want to replay Breath of the Wild

Play it in Master Mode.

It doesn't sound like much, but for me it completely forced me to rethink how I approach mob fights.

It's insane for the beginning hours what changed enemy placement does.

Orca is pretty god damn good at this game, so much for being nervous. This has been an amazing marathon performance.

Orca's also only 8th place on the any% rankings right now. She was one of the earlier runners which is almost certainly why she was picked (given there was a very short window between the game coming out and run submissions ending, so the rankings were obviously not stable when the run was submitted)

That was an incredible run. I just beat it for the first time today and struggled a bit on the final boss even after getting all shrines and dungeons. That was extremely impressive.

I'm not a huge fan of amiibos. However, this logic actually isn't sound. The amiibos are clearly in the game code. Otherwise they wouldn't work.

Like I've said, if there's a glitch to summon them without the actual amiibo I'm all for it. It's in the code after all.

Well timesave 1 is Epona and timesave 2 is the fish for cooking an attack 3 potion with a 100% chance of success. Getting the right fish to drop is rather likely and you can keep trying by scanning more Amiibo. No Amiibo also wants the attack 3 potion, but needs a banana to do so. The one required can only drop from a crate and its only 10-20% if it actually drops, otherwise its over

Gotcha. To me it seems like their existence isn't really adding much to the speed run. It can obviously be completed without em.

The story of a run like this is funny to think about.

From awakening to killing Ganon in 45 minutes. No Master Sword, no armor, no extra heart containers.

Speed Run BotW Link is basically the most efficient and most powerful Link in the entire series.

Man, the room is so empty for the final night. There have been some great runs today, but this maybe isn't the best lineup for the final handful of the marathon.

Jedi2016

I don't even know how many hours I've played of that game, only beat two of the Divine Beasts so far, don't even have the Master Sword yet, scared to death of going within half a mile of the castle (you can actually see it on the map now, it's kind of funny seeing the areas I've avoided)... and she just did that in 45 minutes. I've seen speed runs before, but she really nailed it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

From awakening to killing Ganon in 45 minutes. No Master Sword, no armor, no extra heart containers.

Speed Run BotW Link is basically the most efficient and most powerful Link in the entire series.

I think they will learn some even better speed tech eventually. The physics engine gives them a lot of freedom.

Hopefully we get All Dungeons next time, now that's a run.

I'm sure we will. All dungeons was way too unpredictable to include in this run due to how new the game was, but right now it's the most popular category. It'd also be fun to see an all main quests run at some point

CookTrain

Ha, yeah, crazy to think about in those terms. Roll out of bed and save the world, maybe grab a shower.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
the vast majority of the time people saying 'oh she is actually a he' is a prelude to being shitty

I'm sure that's true, and that sucks, but so does you assuming my intensions were shitty.

But whatever, not a discussion for this thread.

Falchion

Breath of the Wild run is over so now I can watch again. Didn't want to spoil it for myself since I haven't beaten it yet.

KingBroly

Banned

OOT does it in under 20 and bends space and time.

I mean, the world record right now is just under 40 minutes

Top Bottom