• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2017 | July 2 - July 9 | Shout outs to...

vareon

Hopefully we see a more crazy run next time. All shrines, all dungeons, no amiibos, whatever.

This run was AMAZING, and yet some of the more crazy things are the shrine skips and whatnot.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully we see a more crazy run next time. All shrines, all dungeons, no amiibos, whatever.

This run was AMAZING, and yet some of the more crazy things are the shrine skips and whatnot.
The swag shrines.

I really hope Narcissa can do the run next year, but I understand if she wants to stay out of the spotlight.

Edit: All quests or all dungeons with no amiibos would be the ideal runs.

KingBroly

Banned
I still think BOTW is more impressive considering it has no major glitches whereas OoT literally warps you to the end after a bit

Give it a couple of years, people will discover that Link's under-sized T-Shirt will warp them straight to Beast Ganon if you hold A for 3 frames.

Maybe.

Next time I'd like to see Any % w/o Amiibo

Hold on, the music player titles the Lon Lon Ranch theme "Lon Lon Ranch (v1.0)"

There's different versions of the OoT Lon Lon Ranch theme?

BOTW's only 4 months old. I have confidence runners will find some huge skips eventually.

honestly I find the relatively glitchless runs to be a bit more interesting to watch. Even stuff like whistle sprinting is less major than a lot of the small glitches allowed in OoT's "glitchless" category

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Even without speed running, it isn't that difficult to go straight to Ganon casually, after farming a few weapons and foods. Just about Dark Souls level of difficulty instead of typical Nintendo level.

I mean, the world record right now is just under 40 minutes

I meant the actual story of the game. Think about this run being in legends in Hyrule.

Link wakes up in his underwear with no weapons and in a weakened state, instantly goes and kills Ganon anyway.

He has no idea who Zelda is. He only has a vague idea what the heck Ganon is and what he did 100 years ago. He knows nothing about the world and doesn't care. He's going to kill Ganon, dammit, and it doesn't matter if someone tells him he probably isn't ready.

Hold on, the music player titles the Lon Lon Ranch theme "Lon Lon Ranch (v1.0)"

There's different versions of the OoT Lon Lon Ranch theme?

V2 could be the theme used for the Horse Race, or a version with Malon singing layered onto it.

Wallach

Give it a couple of years, people will discover that Link's under-sized T-Shirt will warp them straight to Beast Ganon if you hold A for 3 frames.

Maybe.

Next time I'd like to see Any % w/o Amiibo

I don't think any % w/o Amiibo is very different at all, just far less marathon safe. Not much point for these events.

I meant the actual story of the game. Think about this run being in legends in Hyrule.

Link wakes up in his underwear with no weapons and in a weakened state, instantly goes and kills Ganon anyway.

He has no idea who Zelda is. He only has a vague idea what the heck Ganon is and what he did 100 years ago. He knows nothing about the world and doesn't care. He's going to kill Ganon, dammit, and it doesn't matter if someone tells him he probably isn't ready.

There's an avatar quote in here somewhere.

I really hope Narcissa can do the run next year, but I understand if she wants to stay out of the spotlight.

The only thing she said about SGDQ was that she is jealous of the viewer numbers it pulls and that it fills her with rage or something, so I dont think you will see her at a gdq anytime soon

Man, the room is so empty for the final night. There have been some great runs today, but this maybe isn't the best lineup for the final handful of the marathon.
Its been generally like this. GDQ is basically an event now where you can do much more fun things then quietly sitting in a stream room. All runs are streamed to the Hotel TVs, there is a strategy game room, a smash room, a casual games room, an arcade room, etc. Most people spend their time there and meeting up with friends these days. They watch the runs from their rooms or in small social settings

Jedi2016

"Kill Ganon? Who, that guy over there? Hold my beer."

BY2K

Membero Americo
1a036IO.jpg

CookTrain

The only thing she said about SGDQ was that she is jealous of the viewer numbers it pulls and that it fills her with rage or something, so I dont think you will see her at a gdq anytime soon

Jealous? That's a very odd reaction to have. There's not many solo runners who get this level of viewership.

Dr Thor

Neo Member
That BotW run was super fun to watch and that boss rush was pretty nuts! Extra sad now I can't get a Switch to play BotW, but whenever I do I might actually try to speedrun it because that looked really fun.

The Amiibo concern is really bizarre to me, because this is a charity marathon -- so even leaving aside the fact Amiibo functionality is in the game, and the community already splits off Amiibo/non-Amiibo runs anyway, all that matters is whether the run is exciting to watch and gets people to donate, and this did both.

Platy

I will never understand the problem with Amiibo.

They even did Dark Souls 3 dlc today ... so it is not like paid content is a problem =P

I even think that Smash Link ALWAYS spawning Epone when first scanned on each save file was he devs saying "go, speedrun with this"

KingBroly

Banned
I will never understand the problem with Amiibo.

They even did Dark Souls 3 dlc today ... so it is not like paid content is a problem =P

I even think that Smash Link ALWAYS spawning Epone when first scanned on each save file was he devs saying "go, speedrun with this"

I think people wanted a pure, no amiibo run

The problem is that in the case of BotW "pure" can mean a lot more than just not using amiibo.

Eh, it's not like there are any major glitches in any% right now. Like, there's whistle sprinting, that one fall damage negation on the tower, and that's pretty much it

Persona7

Banned

Does Narcissa even speedrun BOTW? I am looking at the leaderboards and don't see anything.

Top Bottom