• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

gillFTR

I got this game I'm 2 hours in and I don't like the controls or gameplay. Does it get better, I keep wishing I could play the game on a mouse and keyboard. Too hard to aim while moving consistently.

Actually the winner gets their quest in the second story DLC. We are pretty far along on the first.

I'm okay with that. Can you give any hints on what the first story will be about?

And are we really only getting two story DLC or can we expect more if those two sell well?

I got this game I'm 2 hours in and I don't like the controls or gameplay. Does it get better, I keep wishing I could play the game on a mouse and keyboard. Too hard to aim while moving consistently.

It gets much better when you unlock the air dash. As for aiming, don't worry too much about it. The auto aim is very generous, just point a weapon the general direction of an enemy and you'll be fine.

GENERAL:

Fixed an issue where ammo on all equipped weapons would reset to its level 1 count when using Fast Travel.
Fixed an issue where the player could lose ability to see Leaderboards scores in the pause menu.
Fixed issue where scrolling through Leaderboards sometimes caused game to crash to dashboard. (Gamer pics have been disabled in Leaderboards.)

MISSIONS:

Fixed a potential crash when replaying the “Amptastic!” mission and leaving the mission area.
Fixed a potential progression stopper in the “A Way Out” mission.
Fixed an issue when replaying a Night Defense mission where collectibles that were required the first time you played the mission are taken again.
Fixed an issue where the player can kill the boss in one shot during the “This Ends Here” mission.
Fixed an issue where the player can defeat the boss before the final phase during the “This Ends Here” mission.
Fixed a potential progression stopper that could happen if the player kills the second wave of Scabs before the Fargarthians arrive during the “Tastes Like Chicken” mission.

QUESTS:

Fixed an issue where the quest would not be completed if the user fast travels after raising the last flag during the “Take Back the Streets” quest.
Fixed an issue where the player would be unable to use weapons or place traps in “The Firework Show” quest.
Fixed an issue where the cars and vending machines would become indestructible in the “Garage Chaos” quest.
Fixed an issue where progression could be blocked if the player dies while defending the boat in the “One Man is an Island” quest.
Fixed an issue where players could potentially get stuck on the back of the truck during the “Boat Upgrade” quest.
Fixed a potential progression stopper during the “Hardcore!” mission.
Fixed a potential progression stopper that could occur if the player leaves the playable area in “The Most Epic Quest for EXP” quest.
Fixed an issue where the player could potentially be unable to place “Siegfried the Great” traps during “The Most Epic Quest for EXP” quest.

CHALLENGES:

Fixed an issue where the Rager was not acquiring EXP during the Bucky challenges.

CHAOS SQUAD:

Fixed an issue where the player would be able to join Chaos Squad without unlocking it when invited as an inactive profile.
Fixed an issue where players could potentially end up stuck on the loading screen after leaving Chaos Squad using the Game Party menu.
Fixed an issue where supply drops would stutter when falling during the “Supply Drop” mission.
Fixed an issue where players would lose control of their character if they joined a Chaos Squad game while viewing binoculars.
Fixed an issue where players would be unable to use matchmaking for a couple minutes after leaving a Chaos Squad game.
Fixed an issue where level 1 versions of AMPs would re-appear in the Amp store with Floyd when the player unlocked an AMP upgrade in Chaos Squad.
Fixed a potential Chaos Squad server crash in the “Harbor District”
Fixed a potential issue where the “Failed to find a game: Timed Out” message could become stuck on screen.
Fixed an issue in Chaos Squad where weapons that are boosted from a spinner reward will have the “NEW” tag in the AMPs section of the Character Page.

VANITY:

Fixed an issue where the players hoodie sweatshirt could cause the hair to be removed in game on the player.
Fixed an issue where the cheerleader skirt could disappear on the player after completing the “Bad Medicine” mission.
Fixed an issue where the “NEW” tag could re-appear on items when viewing vanity items with Calista.

Can we get this in higher resolution please?

vxogvAY.jpg

RBK

Banned

Hold LT while aiming to slow down the movement. Helps a little bit.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
And now I no longer have to scroll through all my weapons and amps to figure out what is new.

Is there a way to tell if I've double purchased amps?

And now I no longer have to scroll through all my weapons and amps to figure out what is new.

Is there a way to tell if I've double purchased amps?

Can you purchase amps you already have? I've noticed buying level 2 of an equipped amp automatically removes level 1 and I haven't noticed Floyd selling any amps I already have...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Can you purchase amps you already have? I've noticed buying level 2 of an equipped amp automatically removes level 1 and I haven't noticed Floyd selling any amps I already have...

It's this guy:

Fixed an issue where level 1 versions of AMPs would re-appear in the Amp store with Floyd when the player unlocked an AMP upgrade in Chaos Squad.

Wasn't sure if I might have double purchases amps. I sort of mass buy them without paying attention (same with clothes) assuming I'll eventually get them all and then sort it out.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Using LT to slow down helps at the beginning. The auto aiming is extremely lenient as well. Seriously, the reticule just has to be in the vicinity of the mob for it to target them. Also, you've only been playing for 2 hours. After a bit, you just get better and will be flying around and destroying things with ease. I definitely took me longer than 2 hours for the controls to click, but once they did the game became an absolute blast.

Bessy67

Any tips on trying to obtain the 100 traversal moves achievement?
The spot where you do one of the point challenges in the old factory district is a parking lot with a bunch of cars and some street lights you can swing off of. It's pretty easy to bounce and swing around there and keep your combo going.

It's this guy:

Wasn't sure if I might have double purchases amps. I sort of mass buy them without paying attention (same with clothes) assuming I'll eventually get them all and then sort it out.
Ah the old "Tinder Approach"... Always swipe left*, sort it out later.

It might be right. I don't know. I'm happily married.

Korosenai

it's a dumb email you aren't missing out on anything.

Sorry to read this, you are missing out on a lot of cool stuff.
I still haven't got mine, but I think it's pretty cool. This email is the only way for some people to know how many hours they've played.... Which is why I hope I eventually get one.

dralla

The game has a bit of a learning curve. I think that may be a problem for some people, that you can't pick it up and instantly start having fun with it. It's very fast and there are a lot of traversal moves at your disposal. It definitely takes time to wrap your head around everything.

Beautiful patch! Fixed my glitched amps so that I could buy the last one!

So I'm looking at the new items from the xbox message. I'm counting 5 items. There is an umpire mask and "motorcycle armor", a fly helmet, "grey splatter" mask, and Uncivil war hat, looks like I had some of the other items.

Glitch I'm still noticing. When changing clothes, if you go to the "outfits" section and try to save a player outfit (even if you don't actually save one) the zoom function breaks. No matter which screen you are on afterwards hitting Y will prompt you to overwrite your outfit and you cannot control zoom. This was there before the patch too by the way.

Spitz

Just completed the last Achievements from the game what an awesome ride. I want more of the same as soon as possible. Easily my GOTY almost everything in this game is my kind of taste artstyle, music, gameplay and sense of humour. Thanks to everyone who brought this masterpiece to life.

RSB

Banned
Have they added the option to remap your controls in the patch? Or at least alternative control schemes?

Having jump mapped to the A button is so uncomfortable...

Agree so much. They really should have included a Bumper Jumper control scheme.

Coconut

Banned
I still haven't got mine, but I think it's pretty cool. This email is the only way for some people to know how many hours they've played.... Which is why I hope I eventually get one.

I like the monthly updates that I think Xbox stopped doing? They are treating us late comers really well especially if you bought the overdrive bundle.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Man, they're handing out a 24 hour trial, dlc, and here I am just wanting to buy Sunset City by the Bronx at a store and I'm locked out :mad:

The soundtrack for some inexplicable reason does not have this song on it.

Insomniac, why u not let me give you more money?

a.wd

Ok just played the intro.....and its just as good as I thought it was going to be, this early....going to bed now, will be up with the little one, pop on the vulgarity filter and get exploring this city.

Then I think I will buy it a few weeks earlier than I was planning to....and I dl/d 80% in 2 hours...pimp

Coconut

Banned
maybe im missing it but is there a way to see if ive already golded a challenge before i get to it's marker? it'd be really really nice if the marker changed to gold silver or bronze on the map depending on what level I have completed. it's a little thing but it would be really helpful for us casual completionists.

webkatt

After activating the code I got, these were added to my download queue:

-Rock n' Hop Headphones
-Grey Splatter Helmet
-Foul Baller Outfit
-UnCivil War Helmet
-String Theory Helmet
-Pretty Fly Fly Helmet

The message said that there were 7 items, so I guess that the last one might be the Granny's Revenge pack, which I already had from when they were giving them away last month.

Lame! I already have most of that stuff minus the UnCivil War Helmet and the Pretty Fly Fly Helmet.

-Rock n' Hop Headphones
V59MeJfl.jpg

-Grey Splatter Helmet
j7zi8LJl.jpg

-Foul Baller Outfit
dEW66EYl.jpg

-UnCivil War Helmet
UsSO58il.jpg

-String Theory Helmet
YUP5qDtl.jpg

-Pretty Fly Fly Helmet
d2nQ6qMl.jpg

-Granny’s Revenge Outfit
GqaTZUsl.jpg

Obscured

Finished the game last night and then spent the next two hours just messing around. Next up is challenges and collectables and I haven't even tried chaos mode yet.

I can kind of see the how some don't like the humor, but for me it totally worked.

Now I just need a skeleton body suit (with the white hood). You've got a Gymkata reference already (which was awesome), where's my karate kid Cobra Kai Halloween outfit, las catrinas already have the leggings and big smiles is close enough. (I kind of want a boss battle to a punk version of You're the Best now as well).

What's included in the season pass? I think I need to pick it up.

Coconut

Banned
Finished the game last night and then spent the next two hours just messing around. Next up is challenges and collectables and I haven't even tried chaos mode yet.

I can kind of see the how some don't like the humor, but for me it totally worked.

Now I just need a skeleton body suit (with the white hood). You've got a Gymkata reference already (which was awesome), where's my karate kid Cobra Kai Halloween outfit, las catrinas already have the leggings and big smiles is close enough. (I kind of want a boss battle to a punk version of You're the Best now as well).

What's included in the season pass? I think I need to pick it up.

4 new weapons and two new locations.

Just got my copy yesterday... but couldn't play as much as I wanted since there was a 2GB update? (>_<)

But today I played a lot. Controls are kinda clunky in the beginning, but I've been having fun just messing around. I tried chaos squad as well. Even going from one place to another is fun, and getting the collectibles doesn't feel like a waste of time since some of them are kind of challenging to get.

Pretty satisfied with the game so far.

Wubbys

What is the reason for the trial? Is this game selling poorly? Damn shame if so, it was pretty great. Makes you understand the rational behind pumping out an annualized franchise like cod or assasins creed.

What is the reason for the trial? Is this game selling poorly? Damn shame if so, it was pretty great. Makes you understand the rational behind pumping out an annualized franchise like cod or assasins creed.

They did it with Forza 5 already, I presume we'll be seeing it a lot more often with MS games in the future, maybe even third party titles. Going by Spencer's words, they want to establish SO as a new big Xbox franchise, and they're doing all they can.

Hopefully they succeed, because the game is amazing.

What's the reason for a demo? It's basically the same reason here.

I like the idea behind this better than a traditional demo, honestly. It generates more excitement than a demo normally does and a lot of people are going to download it because of the timed nature that wouldn't normally download a demo.

As far as it goes, I also sincerely doubt that there are a significant number of people who are going to spend 10-15 hours playing it on Saturday to beat the game who were going to buy the game otherwise.

clockpunk

Still no vanity items code for me...

As a Day One purchaser/player, I am disapponted in Insomniac for how this 'reward' is being handled in such a patchy piece-meal manner - either all players should receive it, or none.

Can the dev poster please clarify why some users are receiving the thank you content, and not others?

Coconut

Banned

i think its a game that needs to be played. has enough word of mouth to peak enough interest and it doesnt hurt to show off the multiplayer. get the kids asking for it for christmas.

What everyone else said. Plus: they're marketing it as an offer to celebrate the first year of Xbox One. Seems apt.

Downloading it right now. Can't wait!

Also, there's going to be a discount on the game tomorrow and Monday. I might just bite the bullet early...

Forsythia

Still no vanity items code for me...

As a Day One purchaser/player, I am disapponted in Insomniac for how this 'reward' is being handled in such a patchy piece-meal manner - either all players should receive it, or none.

Can the dev poster please clarify why some users are receiving the thank you content, and not others?

Yeah, I want to know this too. Bought the game and season pass day one, but no code for me. :/

Yeah, I want to know this too. Bought the game and season pass day one, but no code for me. :/

I also bought both day one and I didn't receive the message.

Seems they are randomly rewarding people and fuck those who invested the maximum amount of money they could into game on day one. Why do anything nice for those people? They already have our money...

I thank matrixman for giving me his code, but it's a goddamn joke that it wasn't sent out to everyone at the same time...

Jrs3000

I also bought both day one and I didn't receive the message.

Seems they are randomly rewarding people and fuck those who invested the maximum amount of money they could into game on day one. Why do anything nice for those people? They already have our money...

I thank matrixman for giving me his code, but it's a goddamn joke that it wasn't sent out to everyone at the same time...

So some have and some haven't received it. I'm not sure the criteria but who's bought the game digital and received it and who bought retail?

Top Bottom