• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

E92 M3

Yeah. The game will throw your party into a match of 8. Although the last game 4 people bailed out at the end and a new Chaos Squad match started with only four of us, which was odd.

I like that weapons upgrade in Chaos Squad mode.

Sounds cool; I will be trying it out.

bumpkin

Keep playing man, I was put off a bit by the first night defense but by the time the second one rolls around it'll all make a little more sense.
I was hoping it was the first and last. :(

I'm in camp crickets right now after about an hour, although I'm going to keep chugging along tonight. When does this game get good? I've heard the Bombcast impressions.
Not sure if I've gotten that far yet. When I called it quits for the night last night, I had just gotten to the base for the "preppy" faction after riding on top of the train with the nerdy guy with glasses driving.

Not sure if I've gotten that far yet. When I called it quits for the night last night, I had just gotten to the base for the "preppy" faction after riding on top of the train with the nerdy guy with glasses driving.

Yeah I was having fun by then.

Game might not be a good fit for y'all?

iso135

This is it. THIS IS IT.

Thank you, Insomniac.

This game is so much fun on many levels. I am glad I decided to give it a chance.

Chitown B

I won't take one from them unless it's unopened. I purchase elsewhere when "that's all they have". Walmart is in the same shopping center. I always make sure they know they just lost a sale and if it's a preorder I get my 5 bucks back too. I also always make sure to let them know I'll be happy to pay the "used" price for the open game.

They get super offended but fuck 'em. It's a ridiculous policy and is egregiously anti-consumer.

yeah they say it's to stop theft - bullshit.

Ragus

Banned
I love all those challenges, but can I somehow check which have I completed so far? They all looks the same on the map.

I was hoping it was the first and last. :(

Took me about 1 or 2 missions with those guys before the game really clicked. The mission where you have to save that dudes parents specifically. Though I was enjoying my time before that.

Yeah, I haven't finished it either. Alien world is an excellent idea, though. Make it a little bit cyberpunk, like the Prey 2 teaser but more colorful.

Main character crashing in on an alien war on a planet far far away. Inter-species dating drama. Lower gravity for crazier physics. Hell. Even add time travel. It just makes too much sense.

EDIT: And obviously the player character fucks up and infects the alien world's population.

Main character crashing in on an alien war on a planet far far away. Inter-species dating drama. Lower gravity for crazier physics. Hell. Even add time travel. It just makes too much sense.

Time travel > alien world plz.

I'd love to see each island be in a different time. Future our present and past.

They should use the exact same city but add underground sections with awful enemies.

1290165886_rsd4rn.gif

Kssio_Aug

Weapons first IMO. I'm trying max out my weapon wheel before I spend any money on maps. You'll find a bunch of collectibles just randomly traversing the city.

And the freeze gun (forget what it's called) definitely comes in handy over the next few missions.

I have this gun already, and yeah its definitely the most effective against the bots by now!

bumpkin

Yeah I was having fun by then.

Game might not be a good fit for y'all?
It's just the tower defense that reminded me of the bitter taste Brutal Legend left in my mouth. If they aren't a major, constant thing in SO, I'll be good. The game's fast, funny and fluid. It shines when you're just out and about ripping shit up and blasting OD into puddles. I just hate tower defense battles. Not my cup of tea.

E92 M3

Crackdown 2 wasn't bad for 9 months of development. It's unfortunate they didn't have proper time to work on it, but the game was fun.

Joining in on the fun. :)

It's just the tower defense that reminded me of the bitter taste Brutal Legend left in my mouth. If they aren't a major, constant thing in SO, I'll be good. The game's fast, funny and fluid. It shines when you're just out and about ripping shit up and blasting OD into puddles. I just hate tower defense battles. Not my cup of tea.

In 6 hours of play I've done two of them. They are part of the game but not a huge part.

I personally had a blast with the second one since I actually know how to play and they gave you the ability to throw down traps

In 6 hours of play I've done two of them. They are part of the game but not a huge part.

I personally had a blast with the second one since I actually know how to play and they gave you the ability to throw down traps

Yeah the second one is much more fun and you're capable taking it on basically without worrying about the traps.

p3tran

Banned
I bought from hong kong but received a message yesterday with an unlock code for this, try opening the game and maybe they'll send one too ^^

dude!!! you know, the internet we have over here, its for laughs.. I predownloaded this the minute master chief collection finished.
so you made me a sad person right there.

despite my disappointment, I googled hong kong time, I went down, opened the xbone, and tried to run the game.

I mean, that moment was like the most ...disappointed I ever was to launch a game for the first time :/

BUT

IT WORKED!

wo-hooo it worked motherfucker!!! :D 12:05 I run it and it unlocked, right now looking at the character creation screen.

:D

p3tran

Banned
so, I played the first 20 minutes (those exact 20 minutes everybody has seen on youtube),
and I bought the season pass.

installing it right now.

insomniacs, you better not disappoint me with the pass content!

GreenFear

Banned
The verticality in sunset overdrive has a feeling to it like no other game. When you look up at a cloud in the sky it actually feels like it's really high up. Or when you are high up on a building, or right next to one on the ground. I don't really know how else to explain it but for some reason it's different in this game than in GTA V for example.

Top Bottom