• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

abadguy

Banned
If you ever had any love for JSRF, you need to play this game. It's basically the spiritual successor to that game, all it needs is a tricks system and it'll be the true successor.

Maybe its success and constant comparisons to JSR might even encourage Sega to look into resurrecting the JSR IP.
They had better resurrect Smilebit right along with it.

Lucent

That bard song in the first medieval mission had me laughing and caused me to lose focus a few times. Man I hope the DLC is fairly meaty.

If you ever had any love for JSRF, you need to play this game. It's basically the spiritual successor to that game, all it needs is a tricks system and it'll be the true successor.

Maybe its success and constant comparisons to JSR might even encourage Sega to look into resurrecting the JSR IP.

Have we actually got word on it's success yet?

A 1mil seller isn't going to make Sega think twice about Jet Set Radio.

Sega is wildly incompetent with their IP anyway (in my opinion), so dunno why I even talk about Jet Set.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like Insomniac thinks Sam is a stronger, more likeable character than he actually is.

That dude doesn't need to be creeping up in all my missions. I have no idea why my character seems to have some sort of attachment to him above all others.

Have we actually got word on it's success yet?

A 1mil seller isn't going to make Sega think twice about Jet Set Radio.

Sega is wildly incompetent with their IP anyway (in my opinion), so dunno why I even talk about Jet Set.

Still far too early to say

And yeah, Sega are pretty incompetent, but I'll forever hold onto the sliver of hope that we might one day see Shenmue, JSR, Burning Rangers, Sega Rally and Skies of Arcadia again.

Insomniac have proven they could do JSR, ball's in Sega's court...if they ever bother to show up to the game.

Juggling which X1 bundle to pick up?.. Is there a Gaf first impression so far on the game?

Pretty good game, not amazing to me, but if you enjoyed Jet Set Radio at all you will probably love this, it's basically that type of moving around the environment mixed with shooting. I was never really a big fan of those games so maybe that's why I'm not as in love with this as others. I have to say that you can't go wrong with this game though, it's fun to play and the feeling you get from traversing from one area to another without touching the ground is great. Only a few hours in so far so my opinion may change for the better, I don't see it changing for the worse though.

Enilced2

Weird last night I tried doing the online and it kept saying I wasn't connected to Xbox live same with the leaderboards saying I had to be connected to see them. Funny thing is I was connected the whole time could go to dash and browse the store and see friends. Going to have to try again tonight I guess

Patroclos

Banned
ok... this is not fair!!

I take like a one minute break, decide to go to friendlist/messages to add you people,
and I see what?
my code for evolve is here, AND a couple of people on my f/l are playing "master chief collection: halo 2 story" :O

fml!! :D something's gotta give here..... day has only 24hrs and life has more than games too :D
this next week or two will be an epic traffic jam for everything I guess....

Nice. Congrats. Got my Evolve alpha code too. Was it very limited?

Grisby

Can anyone give me any tips for Bucks first episode? The damn train switch is what is throwing off my combo. Cant seem to hit it without having to pause and hit it.

OrangeOak

Can anyone give me any tips for Bucks first episode? The damn train switch is what is throwing off my combo. Cant seem to hit it without having to pause and hit it.

I don't have any tips just wanted to say that it was one of the hardest missions from all that I have played to this point.It's not that hard to beat it but to make gold high score is a challange.

hwy_61

Banned
weird. I just received a second string theory helmet code from best buy...Anyone that preordered from BB receive a second code?

You have to manually install them I think if You pre loaded. Melee weapons are at clothes vendor. You liking the game?

Ah, right. I didn't even check to see if they had installed or not, I was so eager to start playing.

And yeah, liking the game is a huge understatement. I'm in love. The traversal is so damn good. I love the feeling when you pull off a huge traversal combo. I've used Xbox, Record That more in the past hour than I have over the past 10 months.

If only the screenshot feature had been available...

nbraun80

Best advice I can give after doing it for awhile to get gold id to try and get as many objectives done as possible. You can usually keep the combo going by meleeing and X rolling.

You can even change gender, size, and faces at any point later on in the game.

I love this aspect of the game. I've already changed my gender, face, clothes, face, hair, EVERYTHING so many times.

Edit: Also, the challenges are REALLY addicting. Never been #1 on a leaderboard yet but God I've spent at least half an hour last night trying.

So far loving it. I'm just going around collection stuff and killing things to level up my guns than any story stuff lol. Tried the online and it was nice. Might try it again.

Grisby

Best advice I can give after doing it for awhile to get gold id to try and get as many objectives done as possible. You can usually keep the combo going by meleeing and X rolling.
Yeah, but in order to hit the train switch it seems like you have to stop. Well, I'll give it another go tonight.
I don't have any tips just wanted to say that it was one of the hardest missions from all that I have played to this point.It's not that hard to beat it but to make gold high score is a challange.
You were supposed to be my savoir dawg.

MBjEoZB.gif

Top Bottom