• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

So uh...holy fuck. A friend of mine (also a gaffer) just gave me a free download code for the game out of nowhere.

Any more room in here? I'm about to join all you beautiful bastards.

B-Dex

There is a severe lack of good speedo options. 😱

Tried making my guy a swimmer with goggles and everything but had to settle for a scuba diver.

so you can do the traversal challenges without air dash when you first come across them?

I failed a few times and thought I would have to come back and try again after having that and other upgrades

also has anyone got any season pass content? supposed to unlock some items isnt it?

Lucent

YES, I AM #1 (by 1 point)!

Finally managed to climb the leaderboards for Traversal Challenge #7.

And if anyone wants to see my (hand-crushing, self-starving) run in action:
Here it is on XboxClips.com

Now I can finally go eat and be a family man, etc etc.

Damn. Really nice. The traversal in this game has sort of destroyed one of Assassin's Creed's main features. lol. It'll be hard trying to play Unity now.

Also, I've not really used the xbox's dvr function much besides "xbox record that". How do you get it to be longer than 30 seconds?

I really prefer the female voice actor by miles.

Yeah I picked the female small body size. I really like playing as girls for some reason. I was gonna make a guy, but there were only a few good hairstyles for the guy. The girl looks pretty good in everything, though I chose the pixie hairstyle. I know they're going for letting you be as crazy as you want, but I don't want a weird hairstyle that I'd never wear in real life lol. Really would be nice if they could add more hairstyles and stuff. As far as I know, no more unlock throughout the game, which kinda sucks.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Damn. Really nice. The traversal in this game has sort of destroyed one of Assassin's Creed's main features. lol. It'll be hard trying to play Unity now.

Also, I've not really used the xbox's dvr function much besides "xbox record that". How do you get it to be longer than 30 seconds?

Snap the App for it and record as you are playing.

That seems to be the best way to go about it.

Lucent

I remember seeing a lightsaber in one trailer. How can I get one?

I'm wondering that, too. Though I did get a new weapon doing a mission for a faction, which was really fun to obtain. I dunno how many more factions there might be if any, so I dunno if it's unlocked that way or not. I'd love to get it, though. Dunno why a baseball bat is still the only melee weapon I can buy. =/

Snap the App for it and record as you are playing.

That seems to be the best way to go about it.

Awesome I'll try that tonight. Just wanted to record some decent clips and sorta make a little montage of crazy stuff to show off. lol

Ragus

Banned
Does anyone else feel, that this should be an alternative cover for SO?

so_good.png

Phreaker

"Xbox Snap Game DVR" - I think it always has the last 30 min. You can save it off and trim it in Upload Studio, iirc

StoOgE

Shinobi,

Add me to XBL.

I'm literally around all week at night, so invite me at any point anyone wants to play.

bachelor mode engaged :)

Shinobi,

Add me to XBL.

I'm literally around all week at night, so invite me at any point anyone wants to play.

bachelor mode engaged :)
I'm down for that my friend :)

Don't know your GT though...feel free to PM or tweet or what have you if you're not comfortable posting it publicly.

is there a way to like filter out challenges that you have gold on? Its annoying that there is no way to tell them apart when looking at the map, at least from what I can see. I just have to constantly go to every challenge on the map and press X to see if its one that I have already done or not.

Daigoro

im finding this
pigeon
mission annoying. i must be missing something. retried it like 5 times. had to to tun it off for now.

Mrbob

The more I play this game the more I like it. Traversal around the city is really fun once the mechanics get figured out. Pleasantly surprised by the humor. There are some cringe worthy moments but most of the time the game is legit funny.

Bought Xbox One for this game and you didn't disappoint Insomniac.

im finding this
pigeon
mission annoying. i must be missing something. retried it like 5 times. had to to tun it off for now.

There are four burner thingies to bounce on and you have to let the pigeons gather there. don't have to be frenetic about it, relax and wait for large amounts before bouncing on them

Lucent

im finding this
pigeon

What you wanna do is
be away from the ones with bird feed until the pigeons fly down to eat it. If you're too close they won't land and will be scared. Let some pile down there and then rush off a line and land on the button.

I failed a couple of times but apparently the game is taking it easy on you and it accumulates the
pigeons
until you get enough.

Daigoro

^^thanks guys. i think im just tired and needed a break. i played for several hours and has having a lot of fun. didnt want to put it down, but maybe overdid it a bit.

im sure ill beat it after a break. thx for the tips.

--------

xbone needs a screenshot function already...

DVR can record up to multiple minutes at a time. I just did the last 3 and then trimmed it down in Upload studio (not using record that feature, just Game DVR).

Anyone know if you can play this after downloading a portion of the game (and if so, what percentage)? Might go digital so I can play at midnight but I definitely won't have the whole thing downloaded by then.

Lucent

I think it's from doing all the flag challenges at the end. It's late-game though and possibly at the end of a series of quests.

I don't think I've done any of those yet. I've been really just mixing in random challenges in between quests and story missions. And Chaos Squad.

Did a Chaos Squad Night Raid last night and got to like 878% chaos. First time I did one with
Wingers
and for some reason I was having a really hard time hitting them. Not sure if it was a lag issue or what, because I could hit pretty much everything else. But we survived it so eh. lol

I really have loved every mission I've done so far. Especially the
Excalamune
mission.
Slamming down on the metal, those effects reminded me so much of the Scott Pilgrim vs The World movie
. It was an amazing mission. I really wouldn't mind getting more DLC for this. You guys are really good at making fun missions that don't feel like a chore. Might be attributed to the best traversal ever created, too. I love how easy it is to get around. Sometimes I just get lost in the traversal and shoot stuff for the hell of it without even being in a mission. It's just that good.

I definitely look forward to the DLC we'll be getting and hope for another game like this.

Revas

This game is awesome. I turned the music off, and I'm not great at traversing the environment yet, but it's a lot of fun.

Jsteve, what are the chances of the coloured streak behind the character making a return in the DLC?

It's not a huge deal, but I actually liked it and was pretty bummed it's no longer in the game.

Lucent

Jsteve, what are the chances of the coloured streak behind the character making a return in the DLC?

It's not a huge deal, but I actually liked it and was pretty bummed it's no longer in the game.

For now, you can always use that healing amp that leaves a green streak behind you. But you gotta at least keep your style meter at 1 to keep it going I think. lol =P

But I don't think I've seen what you're talking about in any of the videos I've seen.

Anyone know if you can play this after downloading a portion of the game (and if so, what percentage)? Might go digital so I can play at midnight but I definitely won't have the whole thing downloaded by then.

I started the game at 30 % but it didn't let me go past the menu screen. After 50 % I could play the tutorial and the first missions (60-120 minutes of content).

StoOgE

A dev jumped in at some point to say they were 86ed because it caused issues with certain amp trails.

so what exactly is chaos in chaos squad. I played one round earlier and was completely confused. Like, there is an achievement for surviving with 1625 chaos, how do you do that?

Top Bottom