• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Are the dialogs the same or do they differ?

The parts I played as both were exactly the same. The game usually avoids using gender specific nouns with phrases along the lines of "you got it kid" or "this hero saved us" . Though there was one kind of odd moment when playing the female character where you'd hear something like "man, you should have seen that" , but I guess that's more of general expression than outright calling you a man.

Male voice is fine imo, not sure what you guys want?

Another funny moment, I'll avoid spoilers... The pidgeon bit, how good was the killer instinct reference?
Thought that was awesome, very funny!!

GreenFear

Banned
I really wish I could wall run and shoot. I wonder why that was a no go.
Because one hand is always touching the wall and the guns are almost all two handed. Doing a wall run while holding a 2 handed weapon wouldn't look right and locking the shooting only to one handed weapons solely for wall runs is just unnecessary.

Ont

I have not had this much fun with a video game for a very long time. I can't actually remember when I was this excited about a game I just bought. Maybe Goldeneye? RE4?

I would usually hate doing challenges but not in this game!

T.O.P

Banned
THIS IS SO DAMN FUN

just got through the toy store missions,
cyber dog
wrecking shit was so damn amazing

if only i could get away from the challenges, they're addicting as fuck and i'm spending way too much time on those lol

@liking the male voice so far :)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just chiming in to say my right index finger hurts from having to press RB and RT all night long last night!

This game is so fucking good. Most fun I have had with a game for a long time!

I finally got more playtime with this game this morning, after playing GTA: San Andreas for review this last week, and had more fun with it. I never expected it to be this good.

Anyways, a couple questions if you don't mind:

1) How far am I?
I just met the LARPers and did one quest for them. I also did two sidequests where I had to defeat robotic 'controllers.'

2) When can you unlock style combo level 4? When I've gotten past 3, it switches to "!!!"

I finally got more playtime with this game this morning, after playing GTA: San Andreas for review this last week, and had more fun with it. I never expected it to be this good.

Anyways, a couple questions if you don't mind:

1) How far am I?
I just met the LARPers and did one quest for them. I also did two sidequests where I had to defeat robotic 'controllers.'

2) When can you unlock style combo level 4? When I've gotten past 3, it switches to "!!!"

1) 1/2 way or so depending on if you do optional quests or not.

2) I don't think there is style 4. More like Style 3++

1) 1/2 way or so depending on if you do optional quests or not.

2) I don't think there is style 4. More like Style 3++

Thanks

You know what, you're likely right. I read the achievement wrong, and misunderstood it. I thought it meant a level 4 combo, so I kept trying. However, it's a level 4 Overdrive. The terminology mixed me up a bit.

Because one hand is always touching the wall and the guns are almost all two handed. Doing a wall run while holding a 2 handed weapon wouldn't look right and locking the shooting only to one handed weapons solely for wall runs is just unnecessary.

Disagree completely. I'd love to be able to use the pistol are you kidding? Last I checked I was in the 150's on the leaderboard for traversal chains(602 I think) on the leaderboard as I just love cruising around the city, if I can shoot cameras and OD while wall running it'd be even better. You already have the ability to look around completely when wall running to line up your next move, so why not let me shoot like I can while I'm under grinding?

RO42krg.jpg

Bitch. Yo.

nbraun80

So today I started collecting stuff, and at one of binoculars, the dude said
"Nice view. More importantly, one step closer to a pointless achievement"
13764336984_764e30836b_o.gif

BTW, how do you get to the top of the hospital?
/Las Catrinas residence? There's a binocular there and I can't reach it.
Only way up there for me is to mash x and a on the wall, basically wall running, then jumping higher then wall run again real quick.

T.O.P

Banned
This game doesn't make me want a screencap feature

It makes me want some sort of a Gif grabber

So much weird shit appening on screen lol

cheezcake

This is GOTY. Beats out Divinity: Original Sin, Dark Souls 2, and TLOU: Remastered for me (which was my first TLOU experience, never had a PS3)

Okay I wait for a patch.
Every time I load my save, use fast travel, go into multiplayer, etc (so after every loading screen) I lose 50 % of my ammo for every weapon. What the fuck is this?

For example: I have 10 rounds left in my shotgun, go to shop, buy ammo (52 rounds - full), go into multiplayer/ use fast travel: 26 rounds after loading screen.

Nice.

Sounds like a minor annoyance.

Nah it isn't You keep losing every first and/or second round in MP because you have no ammo.

I bought new ammo two minutes ago, did a challenge (collecting points) and after that....back to 1/2.

Great. Every fight is over after seconds because I'm out of ammo.

Murray97

Nah it isn't You keep losing every first and/or second round in MP because you have no ammo.

I bought new ammo two minutes ago, did a challenge (collecting points) and after that....back to 1/2.

Great. Every fight is over after seconds because I'm out of ammo.

I've got 100% completion and only one achievement left and I've never had any issues so maybe mine is not bugged then. I'll test now.

Edit: Mine does the same thing.

Okay I wait for a patch.
Every time I load my save, use fast travel, go into multiplayer, etc (so after every loading screen) I lose 50 % of my ammo for every weapon. What the fuck is this?

For example: I have 10 rounds left in my shotgun, go to shop, buy ammo (52 rounds - full), go into multiplayer/ use fast travel: 26 rounds after loading screen.

Nice.

This happens to me as well. I haven't tried mutiplayer, just fast traveling, respawning and missions can do this too.

Mdk7

THIS IS SO DAMN FUN

just got through the toy store missions,
cyber dog
wrecking shit was so damn amazing

if only i could get away from the challenges, they're addicting as fuck and i'm spending way too much time on those lol

@liking the male voice so far :)

That dude in your spoiler should have been a weapon, it's just so fucking cool.

the21O

Neo Member
I haven't been notified of anything free for my stand only copy of the game. Honestly I haven't played SSO much because I'm grinding on destiny before I send my DS4 in for replacement. Although I do hope MS will give us day one Xbox buyers something on its anniversary as I am getting extra salty at all these bonuses late comers aka smart consumers are getting. It's like death by a thousand salty cuts as all the freebies and specials roll out to everyone else. All you white One owners with bundle plus bonuses can kiss my salty behind.

MrBlonde

I was going to wait on this game but I picked it up yesterday only because I needed Live in a couple weeks and Target was giving away a free 3 month Gold card. I was not feeling the game at all, I had a feeling I wasnt going to like it but I am glad I tried to confirm. I traded it in for $40 at Gamestop and got the COD season pass with the credit. I didnt end up losing money in the long run so its all good...

I was going to wait on this game but I picked it up yesterday only because I needed Live in a couple weeks and Target was giving away a free 3 month Gold card. I was not feeling the game at all, I had a feeling I wasnt going to like it but I am glad I tried to confirm. I traded it in for $40 at Gamestop and got the COD season pass with the credit. I didnt end up losing money in the long run so its all good...

Considering it takes more than a few hours for the game to actually pick up I'd say you didn't confirm anything.

Discusguy

This type of purchasing doesn't make sense to me. Buying a game to confirm you're not going to like it. To each his own I guess.

I for one am loving this game. More so now that I unlocked air dash and controls are I have nailed down.

Finally starting to get a good and versitile style going, utilizing all the "tools" in the "sandbox".

I got the Hologram Dupe Distracto gun, which is still the best damn gun in gaming history, okay, so I start with that. Let him get his funk on, and then I deploy the Turret Copter and then pretty much anyone around is like "Oh, hey, what's up? OW I'M GETTING SHOT."

And that's when I drop the Acid Sprinklers.

I use my Teddy or my all new Hair Spray Bomber to clean up the rest. It also gives me the breathing room to have more fun.

Pretty damn amazing.

madp0k

Really enjoying it so far, love the art style and the humour has its moments, not feeling the mp much but that might come in time, makes me want skate 4 lol

So you traded it in so you can play more of the same game you've played every year for the past 7 years. Sounds about right.

jtar86

Finished it last night. Easily my favorite game of the year so far. The traversal was some of the most fun I've had in a game in a long tine.

I think this is my GOTY. Scratches a particular itch that nothing since JSRF has managed to scratch and is the most pure fun I've had all year on a game. The traversal is possibly the best in any open world game ever, the humor is always at least amusing and the game looks amazing. I haven't enjoyed an Insomniac game as much since Spyro Year of the Dragon and I haven't lost track of time playing a game in a long time.

I've got 100% completion and only one achievement left and I've never had any issues so maybe mine is not bugged then. I'll test now.

Edit: Mine does the same thing.

This happens to me as well. I haven't tried mutiplayer, just fast traveling, respawning and missions can do this too.

Wow, so I'm not alone. This can't be right, can it?
Some challenges are almost impossible to do without enough ammo.

Top Bottom