• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

FINALLY, I got the Chaos in Downtown achievement. What a pain in the ass that was. Huge thanks to the phenomenal group I was with (not that they'll see this lol). Now I can finally focus on collectibles and the rest of the achievements. Smooth sailing from here on out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just finished. Oh man what an awesome game. Might be my GOTY frontrunner.

The plot/dialogue is straight trash, but the visual style and traversal is PERFECT.

Such an insane, original game. Loved it.

Idk if it's already been asked but how the hell are you supposed to get on top of the
hospital Downtown
for the sightseeing thing. Driving me nuts trying to get up there!

FINALLY, I got the Chaos in Downtown achievement. What a pain in the ass that was. Huge thanks to the phenomenal group I was with (not that they'll see this lol). Now I can finally focus on collectibles and the rest of the achievements. Smooth sailing from here on out.

Is this supposed to be difficult? I did it on my first try in the downtown Playlist.

The chopper gun and acid gun are way OP for these modes.

About 2.5 hrs in. Do more side missions open up? Usually 1 opens when I complete a main story mission. And when can I start unlocking over drives?

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody else getting random "pulses" in the controller while playing this game?

If I stand still inside a base and do nothing I get some very faint rumble in the controler every couple of seconds. Like if it was just a bit of trigger rumble.

Nothing game breaking but first time I see that.

webkatt

If I stand still inside a base and do nothing I get some very faint rumble in the controler every couple of seconds. Like if it was just a bit of trigger rumble.

Yup. Same here.

Ditto. Shooting my battery life all to hell :p

Murray97

Yeah I found it pretty annoying so I turned off vibration.

Teggy

Yes, Ive been thinking my controller is getting buggy.

Cheddahz

Banned
I was debating about waiting for this to drop in price, but I caught someone selling their Day One copy fro $48 (with all the DLC codes unused) and hearing that The Melvins are in the game just made me bite the bullet

Got the chance to play this yesterday at a friend's house. Really fun game and I was really surprised by the technical aspect of the game, I mean I didn't see a single frame drop while I watched my friend play Chaos Squad and the game is pretty gorgeous and has particles thrown around everywhere.

Anyways, pleaseantly surprised and I can add this game to the reasons why buying a PS4 right now was a big, big mistake. Oh well, live and learn.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
haha fuck man, I can't stop playing this game now. I am not even doing missions, just wondering around in the open world being all badass. Love it.

webkatt

I've also noticed a glitch when you are customizing your person the texture/model of the old version stays and clips though your new one.

Also I hope they patch a way to use traps in free roam.

Game is fun to play passing the controller back and forth every mission. Played it for the first time with my brother who was over for the night and had a blast. Must have put at least 5 hours into it.

Is this supposed to be difficult? I did it on my first try in the downtown Playlist.

The chopper gun and acid gun are way OP for these modes.

Was for me. Actually getting the chaos was a pain but when the groups I was in did get it we failed. There are a lot of people that don't set traps and don't use the best weapons. The one time I finally won the people I was with were smart enough to stay somewhat spread out and guard all areas instead of just all bombarding the first place that the OD show up at.

But yeah, it's a massive pain with people that don't understand how to defend the vats effectively which is really common. I also have a feeling that maybe people that are underequipped are selecting "all areas" in matchmaking and it throws them in to the hardest one when they're just not prepared for it.

Yeah it's been happening to me constantly. I ended up just turning off the vibration in the settings because it was bugging me.

Pepiope

Game is fun to play passing the controller back and forth every mission. Played it for the first time with my brother who was over for the night and had a blast. Must have put at least 5 hours into it.
I have fun just killing random OD while roaming around the city.

Biggzy

I have not been able to play as much as I would have liked over the weekend, but I have played enough to know that this is going to be one of my favourite games this year.

It does take a while to get used to traversal mechanics and systems but once it clicks you start to really enjoy and appreciate the game.

Just had a fun boss fight
Dragon Norton, stabbing him with the meter was great.

Can anyone tell me roughly how far I am through the main story?

E92 M3

Someone please help: How do I get the
Naval
base defense mission to activate? There are no prompts yet floyd mentioned it's ready. This has been bugging me a lot.

VanWinkle

Also, I'm not a big Xbox One guy and haven't been much of an Xbox guy since the original, so I only have two or three friends. If anybody wants to send me a friend request, it would be cool. I'd like to have more people on my SO leaderboard. If your XBL ID is significantly different than your GAF name, it would be nice if you could let me know what your GAF name is or something.

My XBL ID is BetterOffAlive.

I can spend hours just grinding and bouncing. The only reason I feel like doing missions (which are fun - I'm not complaining about them) is to get better amps for future grinding and bouncing.

Someone please help: How do I get the
Naval
base defense mission to activate? There are no prompts yet floyd mentioned it's ready. This has been bugging me a lot.

I think that dialogue queue is a bug or something because all those missions are part of the main storyline so you have to complete a few more story missions to finally get to it.

E92 M3

I think that dialogue queue is a bug or something because all those missions are part of the main storyline so you have to complete a few more story missions to finally get to it.

Oh okay - you sure? The base seems read and the vendors are there. Been driving my OCD wild lol.

I hope this makes profit as i feel it deserves it, you know a game is good when you think about playing it in work or away from the controller.

aro52

Also, I'm not a big Xbox One guy and haven't been much of an Xbox guy since the original, so I only have two or three friends. If anybody wants to send me a friend request, it would be cool. I'd like to have more people on my SO leaderboard. If your XBL ID is significantly different than your GAF name, it would be nice if you could let me know what your GAF name is or something.

My XBL ID is BetterOffAlive.

Added ya [from aro52x]. We can be Xboner newbs together! :p

KdylanR92

Ahhh just finished the game...... A little earlier when you get the sword i had the tornado melee upgrade and that ground eruption hero amp with all the stuff the sword had and i have to say i have never been more satisfied in a video game

Just got the SO Bundle today and I'm installing the game now. Have not followed any news or media on this game. Can anyone describe the game briefly? From what little I've seen it looks like Infamous but more crazy.

Megasoum

Banned
Just got the SO Bundle today and I'm installing the game now. Have not followed any news or media on this game. Can anyone describe the game briefly? From what little I've seen it looks like Infamous but more crazy.

Infamous but better... Also much funnier and with Tony Hawk gameplay.

Etnos

Banned
Fizzco insider story its quite possibly the best side quest ever, and a smart-funny meta commentary on the state of AAA game development.

Just finished the game, and all I can say is WOW! It was lots of crazy fun!! I just don't know how some people could be so harsh on it!

My GOTY so far!

Murray97

Now that I've got 100% on this game and I want to keep playing it, I need more people to beat on challenges.

Add me so I can try and beat you <3

SwiftlyLosing

Top Bottom