• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

360pages

I often wonder why Disgaea is really considered a Strategy RPG. A lot of time the Strategy elements are rarely integrated into the game well enough, and the stages where you have to use lift and throw seem to come off as more gimmicks that use the features rather than something I want to use.

Very rarely in Disgaea did I ever come across a map that I failed at because of bad planning.

I love the series, but I will admit it is probably closer to a regular RPG where you move on squares than a Strategy RPG. The ability to go back and Grind at anytime is probably part of the reason.

The characters not in your party in Tales of Hearts R still gain experience. Thank you Devs.

People complain about Pokemon X and Y doing this but in games where you have more than a preset party think is the best thing ever. I don't care to go back and grind shit I've already passed up just to get a different character up to snuff.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I love this game's boxart so much.

ZeL5ByZ.jpg

On that note, the game's still on sale at CDJapan for $43.38 for a few more hours. Likely the cheapest the Premium Edition is ever gonna get.

That said, I question CDJapan's decision to have a big New Year's sale from the 31st to the 3rd when their shipping department is closed from the 30th to the 5th. Kinda seems like a good way to get yourself a huge backlog of orders that need filled.

grimmiq

Just finished Valkyria Chronicles and I loved it..but holy shit is VC2 better. It's disappointing how everyone except the main 6-7 characters are completely absent from the rest of the game.

Holy shit, watching the Berserk outtakes for the first time and Guts
saying Predator lines is fucking killing me.

Just finished Valkyria Chronicles and I loved it..but holy shit is VC2 better. It's disappointing how everyone except the main 6-7 characters are completely absent from the rest of the game.

I support your hipster opinions. Its hard voicing your opinion against the oppressors known as GAF.

That being said, you're super wrong and I don't like you.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I dropped VC because I got stuck on one Goddamn mission. Tanks and that one lady kicked my ass. It's so hard. Anyone know some strategies? I loved it up til then and would love to beat it.

People complain about Pokemon X and Y doing this but in games where you have more than a preset party think is the best thing ever. I don't care to go back and grind shit I've already passed up just to get a different character up to snuff.
My thoughts as well. People complained that it made the game too easy but it's fucking Pokemon, it's not like it is challenging to begin with. Cutting down on grind times was very much a positive for me.
Hasn't that been in thing in recent Tales games? I remember it there in Vesperia.
I have no idea, the only Takes game I have touched was Xilla and I was very unimpressed and dropped it before I even had a full party

I dropped VC because I got stuck on one Goddamn mission. Tanks and that one lady kicked my ass. It's so hard. Anyone know some strategies? I loved it up til then and would love to beat it.

Destroy the rocks to block the path. Use grenades and bring lots of lancers. Lancers, scouts, an engineer and like one or two shocktroopers should make your party. Bring a sniper only in the beginning if you want to take out the guys on the top of the hill then put the sniper away and get another lancer or scout.

Also. DO NOT PURSUE SELVARIA.

grimmiq

Depends on which mission I guess..I assume the lady is Selvaria, but there's like 3 missions where you have to deal with her.

1st I think is the
stupid giant tank with shitloads of cannons
and she shows up at the end
2nd is capturing a base and she shows up halfway through.
3rd is fighting her straight up.

If it's the first one, I used 3 Lancers, rushed the last camp on the map with Scouts and brought in a sniper to pick off infantry..I think the little turrets went down pretty quick with 1 tank shot and 1 lancer shot. Also if you want the rest of the game to go smoothly..you can easily do the Scout and Sniper DLC skirmishes at low level for completely OP weapons and shitloads of exp.

That being said, you're super wrong and I don't like you.

VC2 is far from perfect and fucked a lot of things up, Fencers being completely OP, RNG for class upgrades, etc. But every squad member having interactions with eachother and the main cast, as well as having their own side missions, puts it above VC for me.

360pages

I kind of wish Disgaea had a EXP share system. Leveling up other characters can get super annoying in post game. Considering the game encourages you to have at least 7-10 members around the same strength.

To be fair, Disgaea entire gameplay hinges on grinding during post games...

mike0dude

I kind of wish Disgaea had a EXP share system. Leveling up other characters can get super annoying in post game. Considering the game encourages you to have at least 7-10 members around the same strength.

To be fair, Disgaea entire gameplay hinges on grinding during post games...

they made grinding super easy in the newest one , D2, just throw all the enemy monsters into each other so they fuse and stack your characters to kill it in 1 move. the exp is shared amongst all the characters i think or all the characters get the same ammount of XP as if they killed it alone i forget which... either way it makes you jump like 20 levels in one go in the super early game.

Edit: but then it's disgaea again and you have to go grind for Statisticians in the item world.

Edit2: it's good if you want to put your most powerful dude at teh bottom of the tower that is preferably stronger then the monster you've fused together so he can kill it and just give the weak characters you are grinding a big boost in XP.

should SAVE THE EARTH tomorrow
once W101s combat clicks, things get nuts
and you guys werent kidding about the Vergil comparisons with Vorkken

Selveria will stay on the left side of the tank. I kind if did it like this.

Game is really good. Remember to upgrade your scouts and utilize orders. Scouts are the best unit in the game.

360pages

they made grinding super easy in the newest one , D2, just throw all the enemy monsters into each other so they fuse and stack your characters to kill it in 1 move. the exp is shared amongst all the characters i think or all the characters get the same ammount of XP as if they killed it alone i forget which... either way it makes you jump like 20 levels in one go in the super early game.

Edit: but then it's disgaea again and you have to go grind for Statisticians in the item world.

Main game, main game is easy, I'm talking about the post game.

Oh god, I was in the middle of grinding Statisticians while leveling up weapons. The levels you need to reach just to beat Pringer X is dumbfounded.

The worst part, everything in D2 is building up for the fight with Baal. All your post game stuff is for Baal. From the time you beat Pringer X to the time you fight Baal, that is all you doing. Grinding, and there is a large fucking gap. A 100 Hour gap.

That's 100 hours of nothing but Item world and EXP farming....

You have to level weapons, everything, which is fine if there was more things in between it. If there was an always steady increase in objectives leading to Baal.

mike0dude

Main game, main game is easy, I'm talking about the post game.

Oh god, I was in the middle of grinding Statisticians while leveling up weapons. The levels you need to reach just to beat Pringer X is dumbfounded.

The worst part, everything in D2 is building up for the fight with Baal. All your post game stuff is for Baal. From the time you beat Pringer X to the time you fight Baal, that is all you doing. Grinding, and there is a large fucking gap. A 100 Hour gap.

That's 100 hours of nothing but Item world and EXP farming....

You have to level weapons, everything, which is fine if there was more things in between it. If there was an always steady increase in objectives leading to Baal.

Remember What Pat said tho, You don't HAVE TO...

Tako

Pat why is JoJo so good? My whole life was based off of lies before I faced the ultimate truth of muscle men, poses and Dio!

360pages

Remember What Pat said tho, You don't HAVE TO...

But if I don't do it how will I see big numbers on the screen.

Also, even with nearly perfect 10 characters The fight with Baal can take up to an hour and after that...nothing. You're done, that's it, chances are you got most of the achievements simply by reaching that point.

The DLCs doesn't add a new boss since Baal was legit created to be the strongest thing the game's number formula could produce. Max Power Baal has perfect Stats...

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Are they going to continue turning the manga into anime? I can't find a decent place to read it online, so the anime is all the Jojo I'll get.

I heard Joline is cool.

Top Bottom