• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I hope this does not suck

1346-ANTMAN-cover-EW.jpg

It's going to be hard for me not to think what could have been with Edgar Wright's version.

To be fair to Marvel, Wright was kind of being unfair.

He didn't want to follow their deadline for production and refused to write in the Marvel Universe continuity.

Plus he is not a big box office draw.

There are still using his same basic script

Well, the description says billiards, but is it just death games or something?
In the short, there are multiple games they could have played. It just happens to land on billiards. If you haven't seen Death Billiards, you should go watch it since it beautifully explains the concept. I had to watch it multiple times to understand what happened. Spoilers:
Those who go there have died at the same time compete with each other to decide which will go to heaven or hell, but its really ambiguous in how it is decided.

They also show off the characters' backstory and how the game influenced them, so I guess its also about that.

Guys I feel like a big piece of shit. Man Nier 2nd playthrough is brutal on the feels. I actively dislike the fighting in the game now.

Why
Beepy,
why did it have to end this way?

Holy shit guys I had this dream where I was playing this sick ass game with JoJo shit and then I realized I couldn't tell you about it because it has part 3 spoilers

That scene gets me every single fucking time. The delivery really sells it.

The english voice acting especially in this series honestly has no right to be as amazing as it is. Except for that fact that Yuri Lowenthal's brother voices Yuri Lowenthal, Nier has one of the best english voice acting I've heard in a game/anime.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm a pretty weak guy, and I bought 30LBS dumbells to work out my arms, shoulders, pecs, and back cuz I don't want to go to a gym. Thing is, I can't do a curl with them, I'm not strong enough. I could do 25lbs, but they were like 15$ more and I figured, "I've probably gotten stronger, right?" If I try super hard I can do like half of one, anyone know some workouts that can strengthen your biceps?

The english voice acting especially in this series honestly has no right to be as amazing as it is. Except for that fact that Yuri Lowenthal's brother voices Yuri Lowenthal, Nier has one of the best english voice acting I've heard in a game/anime.
Props especially to 8-4. You want a Japanese game localized the best way possible, you get those guys to do the job.

I'm a pretty weak guy, and I bought 30LBS dumbells to work out my arms, shoulders, pecs, and back cuz I don't want to go to a gym. Thing is, I can't do a curl with them, I'm not strong enough. I could do 25lbs, but they were like 15$ more and I figured, "I've probably gotten stronger, right?" If I try super hard I can do like half of one, anyone know some workouts that can strengthen your biceps?

First question: why do you want to work out?

A pretty good way to build up your bicep on the cheap is using groceries and grocery bags.

Every time you unload groceries, keep 2 bags that are fairly manageable and do some curls with them 5 x 10.

Beloved

Check out Stronglifts 5x5

mike0dude

yes,
furious fapping.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Any pulling motion with your arms with work out your biceps (whereas pushing/pressing works out your tris). If you're not strong enough to curl or reverse curl, then I'd suggest performing dumbell rows:

I'll add that while this is primarily a back exercise, it also works out your bis and will be easier for you if you have weaker bis (just as most chest exercises will work out your tris).

The other thing is, are you not strong enough to curl, or do you just lack the stabilization muscles? There's no shame in starting out with a lower weight using every day things just to get a foundation.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
First question: why do you want to work out?

I'm skinny, but my body looks pretty okay. 'cept my arms, they look really disproportionate in terms of the rest of my body because of how small they are and that bothers me. So I want them to get bigger, along with my shoulders. Due to reasons:

I was at a movie with some friends, and this girl leans her head on my shoulder and immediately moves her head because it is so uncomfortable and bony. I want to have a shoulder that is comfortable. And I can't eat and gain weight that way, my metabolism is too high, which is why I'm so skinny, so I need to work out.

Xiraiya

I never saw you reply yesterday, did you ever post about the status of the writing competition?

Top Bottom