• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

I'm skinny, but my body looks pretty okay. 'cept my arms, they look really disproportionate in terms of the rest of my body because of how small they are and that bothers me. So I want them to get bigger, along with my shoulders. Due to reasons:

I was at a movie with some friends, and this girl leans her head on my shoulder and immediately moves her head because it is so uncomfortable and bony. I want to have a shoulder that is comfortable. And I can't eat and gain weight that way, my metabolism is too high, which is why I'm so skinny, so I need to work out.

First place I'll refer you to:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831799

Full Body
I recommend this one to all beginners, but furthermore, I recommend purchasing Starting Strength. A good guide on that program can be found here. It is one of the single greatest training resources out today. It combines science AND practice, and uses concepts that have been put into work with athletes since the 70's to help novices gained muscular bodyweight and increase strength.

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Bench Press - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5
Pull-Ups - 3 sets of 8-15

Wednesday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Overhead Press - 3 sets of 5
Power Cleans - 5 sets of 3
Abdominal work

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Bench Press - 3 sets of 5
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Bent Over Rows - 3 set of 5
Arm work, if desired

Also Here if you only wish to have a dumbbell workout:

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html

The full Body Barbell workout sounds like something you should consider (the 3x5)

Do not be afraid to start at a lower weight or the bar. Form matters more than the weight you can lift.

How does your diet look?

E the Shaggy

I'm a pretty weak guy, and I bought 30LBS dumbells to work out my arms, shoulders, pecs, and back cuz I don't want to go to a gym. Thing is, I can't do a curl with them, I'm not strong enough. I could do 25lbs, but they were like 15$ more and I figured, "I've probably gotten stronger, right?" If I try super hard I can do like half of one, anyone know some workouts that can strengthen your biceps?

Good luck on your quest to BECOME HUGE.

HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE!

The english voice acting especially in this series honestly has no right to be as amazing as it is. Except for that fact that Yuri Lowenthal's brother voices Yuri Lowenthal, Nier has one of the best english voice acting I've heard in a game/anime.

I feel like nothing in this game has the right to be as good as it is. I don't know why. The cover is cheesy as fuck, and it looks like a slightly better PS2 game. It looks like a bargain Gamestop bin game, but it's just too freaking good.

Squishy3

Ok, W101 is starting to piss me off again. A certain enemy does a certain move which it telegraphs a billion years beforehand and a giant hint pops up on the screen (picture of the character) telling you to activate a certain unite form now. I do it succesfully (as I'm still in that unite form afterwards), the monster hits me in the face. I do the same thing again, I get hit again. I do the same thing a third time, it decides to work again for some reason.
For those you just need to have the unite morph out, and don't need to do anything else, IIRC.

Ok, W101 is starting to piss me off again. A certain enemy does a certain move which it telegraphs a billion years beforehand and a giant hint pops up on the screen (picture of the character) telling you to activate a certain unite form now. I do it succesfully (as I'm still in that unite form afterwards), the monster hits me in the face. I do the same thing again, I get hit again. I do the same thing a third time, it decides to work again for some reason.

Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
When a character's face shows up on screen, cancel what ever unite morph you have, make the one associated with that character, and stand still. Don't move or attack with it.

mike0dude

I know what the New LP is, It's not SH2 because Pat and Liam said they had NEVER played the game before. and that it was a really old game.

Randy42

I know what the New LP is, It's not SH2 because Pat and Liam said they had NEVER played the game before. and that it was a really old game.

Yeah exactly it's something neither have played and woolie has (but hasn't played the newer ones in the series of or something). SH2 is definitely gonna be mat/pat and maybe the others will also feature who knows.

Okingjrr

Hey you're new, welcome!

Just finished Transistor, that was a game. I think that it started off really slow and I didn't really have fun with it until near the end with all the Traces.

He's not really new, he just rarely posts.

Oh, this changes everything.

Xiraiya

For days now you've been going on about this big "secret" LP like a kid who thinks he's being clever.

Do you actually know any real information or are you just fishing for attention? We've known for some time there was a Pat and Liam LP coming.

croten

For days now you've been going on about this big "secret" LP like a kid who thinks he's being clever.

Do you actually know any real information or are you just fishing for attention? We've known for some time there was a Pat and Liam LP coming.

Don't be a cunt. He knows Woolie IRL so it stands to reason that he would have some inside information.

aFCxNdM.jpg

mike0dude

I already told 1 person here and when the LP comes out we will know if I'm lying or not.

I have not listened to the podcast yet, did they confirm new LPs?

Woolie wouldn't tell me shit, I just throw urls at the Website until I find something

Xiraiya

Yes, he's a mod on the best friends sub reddit and he went to see a movie with woolie or something, I'm pretty sure Woolie has mentioned him on a video.
Well firstly reddit means nothing to me, I'm just bringing this up because I've seen this guy go on and on in a manner of which would imply he knows the best friends all fairly personally, but jumps all over their tweets and so on, but all it does is come out one-sided and look stalkerish/desperate (I don't mean that as an insult, this is just how he comes across)

And now there is all this teasing about "Oh I know about this secret new LP coming".

Lying or not isn't the issue here, if he can PM people what it is, there is absolutely no reason to not bring it up in the thread and just talk about it like it's no big deal.
However if he's not really suppose to talk about it then alluding to it is just pointless attention drawing for no good reason and shouldn't be happening in the first place.

That's all I'm saying.

360pages

Well firstly reddit means nothing to me, I'm just bringing this up because I've seen this guy go on and on in a manner of which would imply he knows the best friends all fairly personally, but jumps all over their tweets and so on, but all it does is come out one-sided and look stalkerish/desperate (I don't mean that as an insult, this is just how he comes across)

And now there is all this teasing about "Oh I know about this secret new LP coming".

Lying or not isn't the issue here, if he can PM people what it is, there is absolutely no reason to not bring it up in the thread and just talk about it like it's no big deal.
However if he's not really suppose to talk about it then alluding to it is just pointless attention drawing for no good reason and shouldn't be happening in the first place.

That's all I'm saying.

On the flip side there is noting wrong with having a bit of fun and having people guessing. The entire existence of teaser trailers and timed announcements exist for that very reason.

It's all probably in good fun, I doubt Mike0dude cares so much about what we think he has to draw attention to himself. It's pretty arrogant honestly to think that about someone.

mike0dude

Well firstly reddit means nothing to me, I'm just bringing this up because I've seen this guy go on and on in a manner of which would imply he knows the best friends all fairly personally, jumps all over their tweets and so on, but all it does is come out one-sided and look stalkerish/desperate (I don't mean that as an insult, this is just how he comes across)

That's all I'm saying.
I'm not saying I'm not creppy tho...
don't take away my only way of finding Validation in this pointless life
but for real tho if you don't want me to attention whore then I won't anymore.
But it's still not silent hill 2.

croten

That's all I'm saying.
It's called teasing if you have a problem with it maybe you could try and have some fun?

Beloved

Don't be a cunt.

It's pretty arrogant honestly to think that about someone.

It's called teasing if you have a problem with it maybe you could try and have some fun?

Okay guys I get that Xiraiya is opinionated and can rub people the wrong way at times but you being rude like that and also making assumptions isnt any better. Mike even said himself that he was attention whoring, which is fine, to each their own. Doesn't mean everyone is going to be a fan of it. Just like some of yall arent a fan of it when Xi gets opinionated.

But croten especially, chill out man. He wasnt trying to insult mike or start something so how about we just move on.

croten

Okay guys I get that Xiraiya is opinionated and can rub people the wrong way at times but you being rude like that and also making assumptions isnt any better. Mike even said himself that he was attention whoring, which is fine, to each their own. Doesn't mean everyone is going to be a fan of it. Just like some of yall arent a fan of it when Xi gets opinionated.

But croten especially, chill out man. He wasnt trying to insult mike or start something so how about we just move on.

I wasn't saying he is a cunt, just that he was acting like one.

Top Bottom