• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

croten

It's Squishy's birthday? Cool

I bought myself this:

in honor of your birthday.

But, honestly, I just have poor self-control

I bought this to honour his birthday as well!
OROsoPy.png

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Happy Birthday Squishy, and I'm so fucking envious of you assholes that preordered the LE Majoras Mask. It was sold out at my Gamestop.

Oberon

Banned
Psh, the thing I bought for myself is so much cooler than what you guys bought for yourselves.

Flock off!
I can't afford to buy MH4 anymore ;__;
And my Valentines day plans went from, study with friends and then play MH4, to study with friends, to nothing! AndI don't even have the money to buy the train ticket to a weeb convention on that day!

Can anyone recommend a place with a good nightlife? I'm looking into colleges, and where it's located is important to me. I want a place with a good nightlife because I want a change of pace from the small to average size towns i've lived in.

Gamer Y

Flock off!
I can't afford to buy MH4 anymore ;__;
And my Valentines day plans went from, study with friends and then play MH4, to study with friends, to nothing! AndI don't even have the money to buy the train ticket to a weeb convention on that day!
You still got us Oberon!

also happy birthday squishy

also also hello frienders!

Psh, the thing I bought for myself is so much cooler than what you guys bought for yourselves.

It still burns me that the 3DS's were sold out within the hour and are being resold by fucking scalpers.

Can anyone recommend a place with a good nightlife? I'm looking into colleges, and where it's located is important to me. I want a place with a good nightlife because I want a change of pace from the small to average size towns i've lived in.

Anywhere within the proximity of NYC.

Skrams

I think that might be my favorite thing anyone has said in awhile.

Really it just means Pat cares less about games than he use to.

But I like to call it the Giant Bomb effect, where your favorite Japanese anime you know every detail of and theorized about constantly, slowly starts to become that one chinese cartoon from taiwan you don't care to try and understand anymore.

OT14: If we took everything Pat said to heart, we'd probably be bald too.

This kind of bothers me for how sad and true it is. I've not listened to the bombcast for a month or two because my interest in them is dwindling a bit. If I had more free time than I would probably watch the Quick Looks and listen to the podcast, but I don't find them as important as I use to. I feel like a lot of their interests have become too narrow for them to like things as much as they use to. There's the thing you mentioned about the Shadow of Mordor DLC QL which bothered me and Jeff's taste is making less and less sense to me over the years. I also can never quite get over the Dan hump where he loves to revel in his manchildness and ignorance about things. I'm sure if I listened to some more then I'd enjoy myself, but for now I'm pretty fine with my main podcast being the SBFC. It's a lot more aligned to my interests and they haven't given up on a lot of things yet.

Also I'd vote for that OT hard.

Zenfalcia

I don't know of any university/colleges in US, but your best bet is a large city.

Isn't Arizona infamous for its party scene? I don't have any knowledge on the subject but I think I have heard that somewhere. Bigger cities would probably be your best bet though.

This kind of bothers me for how sad and true it is. I've not listened to the bombcast for a month or two because my interest in them is dwindling a bit. If I had more free time than I would probably watch the Quick Looks and listen to the podcast, but I don't find them as important as I use to. I feel like a lot of their interests have become too narrow for them to like things as much as they use to. There's the thing you mentioned about the Shadow of Mordor DLC QL which bothered me and Jeff's taste is making less and less sense to me over the years. I also can never quite get over the Dan hump where he loves to revel in his manchildness and ignorance about things. I'm sure if I listened to some more then I'd enjoy myself, but for now I'm pretty fine with my main podcast being the SBFC. It's a lot more aligned to my interests and they haven't given up on a lot of things yet.

That's the only reason I can enjoy the Giant Bomb guys: Dan is my favorite addition.

I read his stuff in GI for years, but I never knew how goofy he was in real life and I like that.

http://www.giantbomb.com/dan-ryckert/3040-109456/

Dan ruined his eyesight as a kid by, for some reason, wearing glasses without needing glasses. He now can't see without glasses.

He's an endearing idiot savant.

That's the only reason I can enjoy the Giant Bomb guys: Dan is my favorite addition.
I read his stuff in GI for years, but I never knew how goofy he was in real life and I like that.
http://www.giantbomb.com/dan-ryckert/3040-109456/
He's an endearing idiot savant.

Wow. just... wow.
Giant Bomb Wiki said:
Despite having a minor degree in History, he was not aware of the multiple theatres of engagement in Africa during World War II. The East African Campaign (June 1940 to November 1941) and the North African Campaign (June 1940 to May 1943), for example.

Dan believed that "egg whites" were egg shells due to their color and tried to cook just the shells in a pan. When nothing happened, he called his mother for advice and was told egg whites were not, in fact, egg shells.

Dan believes Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is a far superior movie in comparison to The Terminator.

Jman014

Chico State in California.

Xiraiya

I've more or less stopped listening to Bombcast, I got up into the middle of 2011 and I just can't listen to their shit any more, it really bums me out how much more consistently annoying they've gotten around 2011, I dread to think how it has been in the last 3 or so years.

I really like Vinnie sometimes, I think he's an amusing guy, but sometimes I hear him talk about RPGs and stuff he plays and how he's just cheesing his way to the end as quick as possible and all that stuff, and it's like Why do you even bother playing those games.

I can understand playing through a game once and then the 2nd or 3rd time you just want to get through it quickly for whatever reason, that's fine.

But these guys are in the industry and are fairly well known among developers, yet most of the time the way they ramble on about games, often made by the very guys they've had in on the podcast. It makes me be like "If I was from a dev team, or if I was a developer in general, why the fuck would I ever want to talk about my game with these guys, knowing how they are."

It's insanely Cringeworthy, I really like Jeff and Vinnie but MAN those guys are/were way past retirement, and some of the newer people in quicklooks aren't any better.

Skrams

That shit is indeed hilarious. Things like him cooking wieners in a shoe box because he didn't want to buy plates or thinking egg whites were just cooked egg shells is super funny. It's the thing where I'm laughing at him and not with him I think. I feel like he believes he's 100% in the right when doing dumb shenanigans like that. Like of course I'd cook them in a shoe box because there's literally no other option. Leaning towards dumb for dumbness' sake. Him saying buying a house is too hard and he'll just live in an apartment forever is the one statement I can think of at this moment. I feel like he says plenty of things like that and a lot of the times it's just disheartening to me.

I never kept up with GI stuff, but I did watch a lot of their Super Replays and Giantbomb doesn't really have a Tim Turi to tell Dan he's an idiot. Brad is sort of there, but not as fully entrenched in it.

Also, Happy Birthday

I bet Matt and Liam are going to constantly try to do Geno Whirl on bosses and realize it doesn't work on them, and then NOT do it on Exor. To be fair I didn't know it worked on Exor, it's way more fun to fight him legit anyway.

Also if you guys want some quality Ryckert material look up Game Informer (Super) Replay, it's basically Game Informer's version of Let's play but less good than SBFP, but almost every episode with Ryckert is just gold. Especially when Tim Turi or Joe Juba(his nemesis) are on as well.

I bet Matt and Liam are going to constantly try to do Geno Whirl on bosses and realize it doesn't work on them, and then NOT do it on Exor. To be fair I didn't know it worked on Exor, it's way more fun to fight him legit anyway.

Also if you guys want some quality Ryckert material look up Game Informer (Super) Replay, it's basically Game Informer's version of Let's play but less good than SBFP, but almost every episode with Ryckert is just gold. Especially when Tim Turi or Joe Juba(his nemesis) are on as well.

The best GI segments are with Dan and his dad playing video games.

Zenfalcia

I've more or less stopped listening to Bombcast, I got up into the middle of 2011 and I just can't listen to their shit any more, it really bums me out how much more consistently annoying they've gotten around 2011, I dread to think how it has been in the last 3 or so years.

I really like Vinnie sometimes, I think he's an amusing guy, but sometimes I hear him talk about RPGs and stuff he plays and how he's just cheesing his way to the end as quick as possible and all that stuff, and it's like Why do you even bother playing those games.

I can understand playing through a game once and then the 2nd or 3rd time you just want to get through it quickly for whatever reason, that's fine.

But these guys are in the industry and are fairly well known among developers, yet most of the time the way they ramble on about games, often made by the very guys they've had in on the podcast. It makes me be like "If I was from a dev team, or if I was a developer in general, why the fuck would I ever want to talk about my game with these guys, knowing how they are."

It's insanely Cringeworthy, I really like Jeff and Vinnie but MAN those guys are/were way past retirement, and some of the newer people in quicklooks aren't any better.

I'm listening to 2010 stuff and hearing Vinny use console commands to cheese through Fallout 3 wasn't great. It's barely playing the game. Listenning to Brad talk about how Metroid other wasn't bad was pretty rough.

Woolie should be grateful that his lore is small potatoes compared to this genius.

The worst thing Woolie has said was probably the muskets being used in World War 1 thing. As much as Woolie is the largest and most accomplished liar in the world, I don't think even he would claim he has never seen a plum, or has never tasted mayonnaise or yogurt

The worst thing Woolie has said was probably the muskets being used in World War 1 thing. As much as Woolie is the largest and most accomplished liar in the world, I don't think even he would claim he has never seen a plum, or has never tasted mayonnaise or yogurt

Thought that figs were actually made of sticks and wondered why people ate them.

LOL

Top Bottom