• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Jman014

So I assume this Friday you guys will have the crack juice flowing in your veins with MH and Zelda. Get hype!
Hey Guys.

I'm having a really shitty day..

How is everyone?

Doing good, watching SVU on Netflix

What's wrong man? Care to share? Don't have to if you don't want to tho.

Zenfalcia

Oh I never actually beat p3 because bullshit kept happening in tartarus and i got fucking tired of it

nope. My interpretation of Aigis's character is based entirely in p4a.
I've just arbitrarily decided these things

You should finish P3, so you get more than "my armour" aigis.

Skrams

Those are the worst kind of friends. Those kind of people need to shut the fuck up. I get that you like something and want to talk about it, but not everyone needs to hear it all of the time.

Eh, we've all done it once or twice. I'm not really bothered by it. People just want to share a good thing and see someone else love a thing as much as they do. It's not bad. I'd actually feel kind of worse if I refused to watch a show a good friend recommended. If they know my tastes then I'd figure they'd recommend the show and if they didn't think it'd fit my tastes then they don't.

Now if that friend for some reason really wants you to watch some horrible bullshit? Then yeah, I get it. I'd usually just recommend a friend watch a cool thing like JoJo then leave it at that because I don't want to say anything more. Some people take more convincing than one sentence though so my style of recommendation doesn't exactly work for all people.

Hey Guys.

I'm having a really shitty day..

How is everyone?

I went to mail some things and get gas. My fingers hurt a lot due to the cold winds so I took like 3 minutes to turn the gas nozzley thing on my car. I then accidentally sealed something I didn't mean to inside a envelope at a post office so I ripped it open, threw it in the garbage, and then got a different envelope. I was slightly scared someone would call me out and say I need to pay for the envelope I used.

croten

So I assume this Friday you guys will have the crack juice flowing in your veins with MH and Zelda. Get hype!

Just ordered Zelda, MonHun is going to have to wait.

grimmiq

After I realized how stupid Kenji was I powered through his Slink just so I could never feel the need to talk to him ever again.

I'm halfway through the Gourmet King one...
Just got to the point where he apparently swindled a kid out of his money and he's talking nonstop about how his brother died

A lot of these SLinks just feel like nothing,
Kaz is a complete idiot.."my cousin got crippled, I'm sure crippling myself will make him happy again!"
Chihiro is clingy as fuck! 1 more and I'm done with her, sucks you enter "intimate" relationships whether you want to or not..heard I should only do 1 female Slink at a time, so that's what I'm doing

I just unlocked
Yukari/Fuuka/Mitsuru's
Slink last night, took a while to get the stats up there so maybe I'll start liking those characters more now.

I'm on mobile, but someone said that Skyrim was bad? I actually played around 100 hours of it. Did as much as I could and loved it. That game is wonderful. I don't like it as much as Oblivion, but It's still really good.

2nd favorite Bethesda game outside NV.

New Vegas is a Obsidian game. Ergo, the reason on why it's good.

Bethesda makes bad games, therefore, they could have never made New Vegas, which is one of the greatest RPGs to be spawned.

shinjiro.png
Best boy.

Jman014

But it is a well known fact that MissesBull and I have beef that can never be settled as long as we live
and thanks that still sounds super fun

It's a really fun game. Only gets better when you can dick around with a partner. Just get ready for chat being filled with Dota talk!

semisonic

Banned
You should finish P3, so you get more than "my armour" aigis.

But tartarus is the worst, especially early on before I have those items to cure tiredness. And I'm fairly sure it won't be as good as I'm expecting solely based on her design, so it's probably fine. I might just watch the movies and do it that way

Eh, we've all done it once or twice. I'm not really bothered by it. People just want to share a good thing and see someone else love a thing as much as they do. It's not bad. I'd actually feel kind of worse if I refused to watch a show a good friend recommended. If they know my tastes then I'd figure they'd recommend the show and if they didn't think it'd fit my tastes then they don't.

Now if that friend for some reason really wants you to watch some horrible bullshit? Then yeah, I get it. I'd usually just recommend a friend watch a cool thing like JoJo then leave it at that because I don't want to say anything more. Some people take more convincing than one sentence though so my style of recommendation doesn't exactly work for all people.

Its totally fine if they do it like right after finishing something and are still really hyped about it. I've done it myself too with stuff I really like. But if its going on for like months of them being like "hey did you play/see that thing I like yet, its so amazing," then its just like shut the fuck up.

Though, obviously its different if its a good friend because by then you've either seen it since you can trust their opinion or they probably know you don't/won't like it and won't keep talking about it.

Edit: Unless your friend is like Abubeats who won't shut the fuck up about Dengeki Bunko

Zenfalcia

But tartarus is the worst, especially early on before I have those items to cure tiredness. And I'm fairly sure it won't be as good as I'm expecting solely based on her design, so it's probably fine. I might just watch the movies and do it that way

You played p3p or fes and how far? Tartarus wasn't that bad, only a few parts were really rough. It's not the same with the movies tho... You should really finish it.

semisonic

Banned
You played p3p or fes and how far? Tartarus wasn't that bad, only a few parts were really rough. It's not the same with the movies tho... Yoi should really finish it.

Oh, barely any, but I kept getting fucked in literally the second section of tartarus, and after losing basically infinity hours after getting super far 4 separate times and then dying like it was smt I just got tired of it.
Plus I have a billion other rpgs to play

Xiraiya

Oblivion and FO: 3 were pretty great...
I didn't mind FO:3, it didn't blow me away, Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood was awesome, all other guild/story stuff was forgettable.

Now that I think, Shivering Isles and Dark Brotherhood were by far the best parts of that game.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I didn't mind FO:3, it didn't blow me away, Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood was awesome, all other guild/story stuff was forgettable.

Now that I think, Shivering Isles and Dark Brotherhood were by far the best parts of that game.
I'll agree with that. Skyrims Dark Brotherhood was a joke compared to Oblivions.

Oh, barely any, but I kept getting fucked in literally the second section of tartarus, and after losing basically infinity hours after getting super far 4 separate times and then dying like it was smt I just got tired of it.
This is the reason I also didn't finish P3.

Zenfalcia

You didn't get far at all! You just need to step up your first attack and dodging shadows.

Fallout 3 was super average and I never felt any motivation to do any of the sidequests because of how meh everything was.

I played Skyrim for an hour then returned it. Woof that was horrible.

I don't think I'll ever try a Bethesda open world RPG again.

Sounds fun, too bad I don't care for Law and Order

I went to mail some things and get gas. My fingers hurt a lot due to the cold winds so I took like 3 minutes to turn the gas nozzley thing on my car. I then accidentally sealed something I didn't mean to inside a envelope at a post office so I ripped it open, threw it in the garbage, and then got a different envelope. I was slightly scared someone would call me out and say I need to pay for the envelope I used.
You'll be fine I'm sure, it's super cold here too.

Did you forgot to put your grasses on?!

I am sorry to hear that
-Insert Yukiko Laughing Fit Here-

Having a terrible day just like normal.

it's all a work!

Hey man, eat shit

I heard something horribly racist on my way to work today, that was fun

I've just had a really long day, have had a few days filled with schoolwork and something always going wrong, it's just discouraging. I'm just here doing math work listening to the Bebop OST trying to cheer myself up.

This is the reason I also didn't finish P3.
Were you guys seriously dying to random encounters? Cause you can save right before a block Boss.

semisonic

Banned
Steam name plz

thesemisonic
Oblivion and FO: 3 were pretty great...
Fuck oblivion except for its spell creation system, which is forever hilarious to me.
Make an infinity size fireball that does one damage for maximum aggro. 10/10.
Man I miss throwing weapons and levitation from Morrowind
I love the idea of FO3 but the lack of iron sights is really not great to me
though the dart gun, rockit launcher, and railspike something are outlandishly fun

Xiraiya

thesemisonic

Fuck oblivion except for its spell creation system, which is forever hilarious to me.
Make an infinity size fireball that does one damage for maximum aggro. 10/10.
Man I miss throwing weapons and levitation from Morrowind
I love the idea of FO3 but the lack of iron sights is really not great to me
though the dart gun, rockit launcher, and railspike something are outlandishly fun
Morrowind's Spellmaking was amazing, broken as fuck but amazing.

Anime tier spells that engulf an entire city in a fiery blast.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Fallout 3 was super average and I never felt any motivation to do any of the sidequests because of how meh everything was.

I played Skyrim for an hour then returned it. Woof that was horrible.

I don't think I'll ever try a Bethesda open world RPG again.
I disagree. Skyrim is super fun and so is fallout 3. I'm not going to argue these because what you hated I loved.

Were you guys seriously dying to random encounters? Cause you can save right before a block Boss.
No, I got super far and then my PSP broke. I got to the 6th moon whatever.

Play new vegas plz

Even if the writing is better and the side/main quests are better I don't think I'll enjoy it. FPS is probably my least favorite genre and I didn't really enjoy the VATS system or being overencumbered even though you're encouraged to pick up everything you see, or exploring a giant open world full of practically nothing.

If I had more time, I might actually care to play it, but if I honestly want a post-apocolyptic open world RPG with interesting lore, I'll stick with SMT.

I hated the Tartarus as well, so I sat down for a couple of hours listening to some best friend videos while grinding, by the time I was done I could pretty much mow down every single enemy i come across. You'll be surprised how easy it is to level in this game. Also carry lots of Homonculuses, it'll save you from breaking something you'll regret in the future. If you ever go back to FES that is.

semisonic

Banned

I constantly went around with a tired party, so often when I would get caught by the super strong enemies, there was really no way out before I died.
Other times I got impatient, and tried to fight the boss while tired without saving so my bitchass party wouldn't ditch me and make me waste another night.
Not ideal but I'd rather spend my time doing anything but gameplay in that fucking game

Top Bottom