• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our games.
It's PG and who I think is mara playing footsies for about a minute per round, and then me desperately trying to make the game fast every time I'm in.

I'll play how I want to play. If the way I play bothers you then feel free to go play with other people. By the way, it's hard to play fast when the connection is bad.

Zenfalcia

Our games.
It's PG and who I think is mara playing footsies for about a minute per round, and then me desperately trying to make the game fast every time I'm in.
Oh Xrd is rad, btw.
I really enjoyed my matches with Goodwil and his button mashing bullshit.
Those were great.
Footsies are important tho.

semisonic

Banned
I'll play how I want to play. If the way I play bothers you then feel free to go play with other people. By the way, it's hard to play fast when the connection is bad.

Oh no I ain't shitting on you.
Allright maybe a little.
It's pretty interesting to watch, after all. I'm more laughing because of the difference from my usual matches(I guess that would be talking about my 1 fight each with Romars and Shack. Those are super fun too.)
I actually was most disappointed you kept losing right before I got to fight you.
I really wanted to try your Ky.

Shackzam

It's a thing in my college. (It's actually in the basement of my dorm, but that's just a convenient coincidence.) Every Friday night, there's a Smash 4, PM, and Melee tournament.

Bring under night as a casual set-up. The people at my college are smash players and they had a fantastic time when they played it. You also give them more exposure to other types of fighting games.

Oh no, I know just how much you earned that shit.
I just burst out laughing regardless.
It's funny, when I play my ky or yu(in p4a vanilla) or whoever I'm perfectly content to stay back and poke war all day.
It's just when I'm playing Leo that I want to go really fast.

Does anyone wanna play some KOF, Arcana Heart, or Skullgirls?
I aint done fighting just yet!

I did the same thing to PG in Ultimax and laughed my ass off. It was just annoying because I actually want my Venom to get good and I was finally doing work when that happened lol

beinfilms

Bring under night as a casual set-up. The people at my college are smash players and they had a fantastic time when they played it. You also give them more exposure to other types of fighting games.

The only fighting game I have here is Skullgirls, on PC, unfortunately.

semisonic

Banned
I did the same thing to PG in Ultimax and laughed my ass off. It was just annoying because I actually want my Venom to get good and I was finally doing work when that happened lol

I really should've seen your overheads coming after a while.
Yeah no your venom's allright, but it seemed a little weak to pressure when I finally got in.
And don't expect everyone to just run at you all the time like I do.
That's just pure impatience there.
I too am salty that I got chipped out by dark angel, because I knew the command for faultless guard but was too scared to do it because I accidentally bursted last time.

Oh no I ain't shitting on you.
Allright maybe a little.
It's pretty interesting to watch, after all. I'm more laughing because of the difference from my usual matches(I guess that would be talking about my 1 fight each with Romars and Shack. Those are super fun too.)
I actually was most disappointed you kept losing right before I got to fight you.
I really wanted to try your Ky.

My Ky isn't good. This is the 2nd time I'm playing him. That's why I wasn't really rushing in. I usually play Sin.

I hate IKs. Doesn't matter if they hit or miss. The only game I like them in are BBCP. Also, speaking of Ultimax, you want to play it later tonight?

semisonic

Banned
This is literally the fist time I'm actually playing the game. Cut me some slack, I don't know how to play.

Oh don't take it hard.
Everyone's got their shit, and I shouldn't be one to judge.
That being said, this was your first time?
You did pretty good for not knowing your shit yet.
I really liked the air to ground tps followed by throws. Those were cool.

On a side note, do we have any elphets in the Gaf?

...That's what all of us have Skullgirls on.

Not me...

Oh don't take it hard.
Everyone's got their shit, and I shouldn't be one to judge.
That being said, this was your first time?
You did pretty good for not knowing your shit yet.
I really liked the air to ground tps followed by throws. Those were cool.

On a side note, do we have any elphets in the Gaf?

RecursiveFault plays a mean Elphelt sometimes.

semisonic

Banned
My Ky isn't good. This is the 2nd time I'm playing him. That's why I wasn't really rushing in. I usually play Sin.

I hate IKs. Doesn't matter if they hit or miss. The only game I like them in are BBCP. Also, speaking of Ultimax, you want to play it later tonight?

I love them almost entirely for the mindgames.
If you've shown your willing to use them, activating the mode early on can fuck with the opponent, depending on who it is. Sometimes I just activate at the start and then never use it in the match, because then I could be dangerous at any time. Makes people less likely to play aggressively too.

Yeah, I was at 3/4 health and he woke up IK'd me. At least in BB they have to be below 30%.

I should be good for Ultimax later.
I really should've seen your overheads coming after a while.
Yeah no your venom's allright, but it seemed a little weak to pressure when I finally got in.
And don't expect everyone to just run at you all the time like I do.
That's just pure impatience there.
I too am salty that I got chipped out by dark angel, because I knew the command for faultless guard but was too scared to do it because I accidentally bursted last time.
Thanks. Yeah I am pretty weak once you get in on me, Venom doesn't have much in the way of a reverse either.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, but my point is,

1. I only have Skullgirls, and
2. It's on my PC, which doesn't lend itself overly well to local games.

Aslo, I play on a PS4 pad, which for whatever reason makes actual Xbox controllers not work.
It's fine! Nothing is better than laggy fite matches. It's better than nothing...
Yeah, I was at 3/4 health and he woke up IK'd me. At least in BB they have to be below 30%.
Git gud and dodge/block the IKs

semisonic

Banned
All right.
Yeah, all I've done before this was to check out the finishers and try out Milia's moves once in training mode. Been trying stuff out as I was playing with you guys.
Thanks, though I don't know what that means. Tps?

Teleports
It might be more appropriate to call it an airdash, but that's a different thing

The controller issue on PC might be because of the fact that DS4Windows/whatever uses the Xbox 360 pad driver, so it might be having problems supporting more than one 360 pad.

beinfilms

Wait, so your controller makes other controllers stop working? like locally? Does it have stand powers or something?

I use DS4Windows, and something about the way it lets the DS4 read the drivers makes it so that anything else can't.

Although, now I think about it, my friend (who actually was the one who got me started going to these) has a DS4 that's supposed to come in tomorrow. Maybe I can convince him to let me use that...

I'm starting to get a cold, but I don't want to miss going to the fighting game club on campus later tonight so I'm gonna tough it out for a few more hours.

Also because Spring Break is next week for me, the DigiPen library's letting us check out anything we want for the duration of the break, so I checked out Eternal Darkness and MGS2, figured I'll revisit those two games for the hell of it. They also had Silent Hill 2, but it wasn't the Greatest Hits version so I passed on it.

So for the following week, I've got Kirby, KH2 Final Mix, Hybrid Heaven, and now these two games to keep me busy. Christ almighty.

Zenfalcia

I use DS4Windows, and something about the way it lets the DS4 read the drivers makes it so that anything else can't.

Although, now I think about it, my friend (who actually was the one who got me started going to these) has a DS4 that's supposed to come in tomorrow. Maybe I can convince him to let me use that...
Weird... I bet there's a way to fix it so that doesn't happen. Have you tried looking online for solutions?

semisonic

Banned
Man I wish I liked Ultimax more than I did.
Still, whenever you start it up, I guess I'm down.

For now Imma play some PS3 divekick online.
Get wrecked like the scrub I am.

semisonic

Banned
Oh, that quick dash-to-the-ground move. Yeah, though I find it a bit difficult to execute grabs consistently in this game. I prefer specific commands to proximity grabs.

I'll try to learn her moves and try out some stuff for the next time. I've been told Milia is a rushdown character, but I didn't want to just get in there are mash more buttons so I just tried out shit I learned during previous battles.

Also it feels like almost everything is incredibly safe on block.

Here, have a guaranteed IK
And while we're at it, here's 3 for me

Ilvocare

Hi everyone, just came back from a day of Shin Work (i.e. I worked an actual full shift today due to my lack of school on Fridays). What's going on?

Today I learned that the OST in GGXrd is so goddamn huge like Jesus

I could have sworn I listened to it the entire day at work and driving to and from there and I only got as far as 1 hour and 52 minutes in. Does buttrock have the power to distort time???
I want to get it but I feel like picking it up NOW is a bad idea since they could announce a new version of Xrd like any minute now.

I also don't have a PS4 and buying the PS3 version seems like a waste.

In other news, I SWEAR TO GOD DON'T CLICK THE BELOW SPOILER

DON'T RE-OPEN PANDORA'S BOX

The fucking dress phenomenon reached my workplace filled with middle-aged women and THEY started arguing about it and I had to tell them that even though I saw W&G that the actual dress is B&B. One of them responded with "well you might know where to find it but that doesn't prove the real dress is the dress in the picture. Not unless you physically see it"

fuck

FUCK

F U C K

Jman014

Hi everyone, just came back from a day of Shin Work (i.e. I worked an actual full shift today due to my lack of school on Fridays). What's going on?

I could have sworn I listened to it the entire day at work and driving to and from there and I only got as far as 1 hour and 52 minutes in. Does buttrock have the power to distort time???
I want to get it but I feel like picking it up NOW is a bad idea since they could announce a new version of Xrd like any minute now.

The fucking dress phenomenon reached my workplace filled with middle-aged women and THEY started arguing about it and I had to tell them that even though I saw W&G that the actual dress is B&B. One of them responded with "well you might know where to find it but that doesn't prove the real dress is the dress in the picture. Not unless you physically see it"

fuck

FUCK

F U C K
I think I encountered a bug in my Sims game where my Sims are putting ALL their dirty dishes on the same piece of furniture and NONE of them are washing them. I click on the dishes to have them wash it but they keep picking the dishes up and putting them right back down. I don't know what to do. Also there's blue fire under my counters with smoke coming from them, so there's that.

That dress shit is...idk just too much, man.

semisonic

Banned

fuck

FUCK

F U C K

It's still nothing next to the expanded utimax and blazblue ones.
The former of which I have all of.

Yo but Big Blast Sonic tho?
BIG BLAST SONIC THO?
Also why is neither that nor heavy day battle music?
They're so godlike
That's why I'm so glad custom music is a thing in PM.
So I can finally fight to that shit.

The game is 3 months old and a patch is coming for it. I doubt that they're going to release a new version any time soon. Also, PS4 version only has a higher resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom