• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Right before Black Friday I released a really early draft that had pretty much no formatting because I didn't decide to release it until pretty much right when I did. I think this version should have no formatting problems in either Excel or OpenOffice. I've tested it in both on a few computers with the help of friends.

I didn't want to use red because that's a really intense color to be covering like 20% of the screen, but early on I did maintain a second sheet full of games they strictly disliked. Overall, though, I found that list to be too small to really be worthwhile. They're fairly vocal about games they strongly dislike (lookin at you, Asura's Wrath), so I thought the benefits of tracking those didn't really outweigh the drawbacks.

Long story short, sorry, but anything that requires going back through a large amount of content is probably not gonna be done by me. I've been working on this since early November and there's like 200 hours of podcast at this point. I could possibly do that going forward if that's something people really want, though.

Yeah, I did my research and found out you were the same guy. Again, good job. I meant nothing by me saying I had to download OpenOffice. I just had no spreadsheet software prior to that so I had to go download OpenOffice explicitly to open the document. Also yeah, I can understand not wanting to retrace all that content again. I can also understand that a dislike list would be pretty small and not really worth it. There's also not a lot of situations where one of them really likes a game and the other vehemently dislikes it. It's usually just one likes thing and the other is ignorant or lethargic about the thing.

There's also a few things in this list that could be debated now that I stare at it. I feel like I remember Woolie talking about Cart Life at one point and liking it. Or I'm just confusing him and Pat or confusing it with Papers Please. Also I think Woolie played Treasure Tracker in a semi recent podcast and enjoyed it?

Fucking god dammit, you actually spelled it as Revelaitons. Might as well spell Garou as Garou: Mark of the Worves.

I'd also scratch out "Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel" on there. Liam also likes 3rd Strike obviously.

Ants

I basically intended the browns to be not interpreted as "I didn't like it" explicitly, although they can certainly mean that (in the case of Matt/Pat with AC:U, for example). 90% of the time, though, they just mean they didn't say anything about it. Overwhelmingly neutral.

Of course, over that much content I could totally have missed something like that. With Cart Life, I recall Pat recommending it to Woolie, so I think at at least that point in time, Woolie had not played it. I want to say it was in response to Woolie liking Papers, Please a lot.

Ants

That would sure be a lot less work for me. Someone suggested when I submitted the incomplete one finding a way to put it on the wiki when it was done. My main concern there is that then there's not really a consistent standard across the board, and they sometimes talk about stuff really sarcastically which a lot of people aren't great at picking up on. I had someone posit that Pat hates Zelda because he had recently said he did in an overtly sarcastic tone to bait Liam, for example.

EDIT: In any event, I'm gonna get some sleep.

Rizzi

Well. I am going to try to stay up for 24 hours, because my sleep schedule is fucked.

I wish you the best of luck. If you're anything like me you'll make it half way through the day and fall asleep at your pc or something.
Sleep is important.

sjay1994

I wish you the best of luck. If you're anything like me you'll make it half way through the day and fall asleep at your pc or something.
Sleep is important.

Man, If I fall asleep now, that would be the worst. Its 8:35 in the morning.

I need to fix this, because I have a midterm in a week at 11am.

Neol

Hey, guys! I just wanted to drop in and leave this here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10692406/SBF Recommendations.xls

I listened through every podcast and compiled a spreadsheet noting every recommendation from the Zaibatsu. I also went through a lot of video series. I'm probably not gonna hit up every single video, again, but I do plan to go through everything under Events and Shows on the website, in due time, and to keep up with all videos and podcasts moving forward.

Holy shit good job man you even got movies, comics and anime on there.

Will definitely be checking this out. Might I suggest putting this on a google spreadsheet so we can all see it from time to time.

Nordicus

WHOO, SBFP get a shoutout on the SoTSU kickstarter page
NtP3JyC.jpg

R8ZenUN.jpg

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Well Pat just said the build quality of the N3DS is fucking awful.

Sigh, fuck this system, and nintendos idiotic system transfer. Just make a universal account like Sony and MS.

DONT BELIEVE HIS LIES!

Seriously, I love the feel of the thing. Feels nice in my ginormous sized hands.

I thought he was upset about the dead pixels?

Hey, guys! I just wanted to drop in and leave this here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10692406/SBF Recommendations.xls

I listened through every podcast and compiled a spreadsheet noting every recommendation from the Zaibatsu. I also went through a lot of video series. I'm probably not gonna hit up every single video, again, but I do plan to go through everything under Events and Shows on the website, in due time, and to keep up with all videos and podcasts moving forward.

If anyone has any feedback or recommendations, they're fully welcome, but I hope some people find this useful! I first started compiling it when I bought a Vita, so that I'd have a list of games recommended for it, and I figured I may as well go all the way and make it something everyone could use. I would be interested in a more effective way of updating it than having people download the whole spreadsheet every time.

EDIT: It is worth noting because it can be hard to see that many entries have a comment on them that offers a more detailed look at why a game was recommended, and especially if a game had mixed reception. I also think it is important to note that I did not really do any research at all to if a certain port was good or broken or whatever. You should definitely do some research before following up on any of these recommendations. You wouldn't want to accidentally buy Bayonetta on PS3 if you have the Wii U.

Damn man this is awesome!

I never realized how many video games the 4 of them play as their kind of jobs.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm surprised again at the nub. It's very responsive for the games that actually use it.

That's what made me want MH4 over MH3U: The Responsiveness of the camera.
The nub is amazing. It's fantastic for MonHun.

So they sold one cool thing. Amidst tons of garbage.

I went there once with my friend whom I have that weird relationship with. They have tons of awful Shonen and SAO stuff. They had this throw of Kirito and Asuna that made me die a little inside. And not ONE piece of Sandwich-chan merch smh.

I went there once with my friend whom I have that weird relationship with. They have tons of awful Shonen and SAO stuff. They had this throw of Kirito and Asuna that made me die a little inside. And not ONE piece of Sandwich-chan merch smh.
That's not real sao merch then. How can they not promote sandwich chan? She's best girl in all anime!

In SAO news I'm up to Ep 7(this show is so boring!) and... I fell asleep so i barely remember what happened.

I remember a moe blacksmith and Kirito being Neo.

Skrams

I am stuck in the terrain. I cannot escape this wooden prison.

Can't wait to see your out of map warp skills at SGDQ. It's sure to be an interesting run.

In SAO news I'm up to Ep 7(this show is so boring!) and... I fell asleep so i barely remember what happened.

Yep. When the thing isn't being creepy it's mostly just boring.

Just now? Damn, you got a ways to go at that pace. It gets super good soon tho. You'll be on the edge of your seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom