• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Am I though?

My two cents:
You could have key events you want to get to, and then string them up.

I can help too! I write things!

Break your plot down into four basic acts. A B C and D. If your basic plot can't fit into that structure then you're probably trying to do too much. Once you have that, break down how many chapters you think you'll need to tell each chapter and work out a timeline for those events then write rough outlines of each chapter and then start writing each one fully from there.

A. Jack joins rebellion.
B. Jack takes over rebellion.
C. William tries to get Jack killed in action and use him as a martyr for the cause.
D. Jack finally goes insane and decides to kill William.

This is what I got. I'm also planning on making this a game, but I wanted to write out the story first.
image.php
Lewd.

360pages

I have a huge, massive story that focuses on 3 characters.
-A psychopath named Jack who is leading a rebellion because he likes to fight and never got to in a war due to an injury, and he also likes gaining people's trust and acting like he believes in the cause for their rebellion.
-A rebel leader named William who discovers how Jack came to lead the rebellion through illicit means, and that he doesn't really care for the cause, and is forced to help him anyway because Jack's charisma and leadership skills are all that is holding the rebellion together.
-A spy from a neighboring country that is sent to observe the rebel forces and feed them false information to try and reduce their numbers by leading them into massacres and traps.

Most of the story is going to focus on the characters and the world, so how would I arrange that? What should I write first?

Williams seems the most neutral of the characters. Making him the best for the audience to see themselves.

Zenfalcia

I should really be writing my Light Novel.
But will you actually write it?
A. Jack joins rebellion.
B. Jack takes over rebellion.
C. William tries to get Jack killed in action and use him as a martyr for the cause.
D. Jack finally goes insane and decides to kill William.

This is what I got. I'm also planning on making this a game, but I wanted to write out the story first.
Writing for a game isn't quite the same as writing a book. Just make sure you remember that.

Game with one ending or multiple?

I guess I really have to lame it out and only gets hits in when he does like, that one attack.

Visceral attack him untill you can't. Then i just jump back, charge up a charge attack and he usually runs into it. Then i quickly backstep twice to avoid it. Strat worked as recently as 2 hours ago on NG++

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Williams seems the most neutral of the characters. Making him the best for the audience to see themselves.

Jack is a psychotic schizophrenic who desperately wants a purpose and I made William to be the regular guy who has personal reasons for what he does and doesn't just do things out of boredom.

Anna is an opportunist.

But will you actually write it?

Writing for a game isn't quite the same as writing a book. Just make sure you remember that.

Game with one ending or multiple?

One. I know, I'm keeping level design, gameplay, cutscenes, and narrative in mind.

Visceral attack him untill you can't. Then i just jump back, charge up a charge attack and he usually runs into it. Then i quickly backstep twice to avoid it. Strat worked as recently as 2 hours ago on NG++
I did the visceral attacks, but it had just been dodging till he ended the string and getting like, one hit in. I'll give it a shot.

360pages

Jack is a psychotic schizophrenic who desperately wants a purpose and I made William to be the regular guy who has personal reasons for what he does and doesn't just do things out of boredom.

Anna is an opportunist.

One. I know, I'm keeping level design, gameplay, cutscenes, and narrative in mind.

Well, while regular guy is usually the most dullest to follow. It makes sense to follow them somewhat. Unless you can do both Jack and Anna really well. I can see the audience being put off by them. But if you can write them with subtle then you might not need William at all.

Zenfalcia

Anna is an opportunist.

So, do you have the characters' background story and motivations all worked out?

Good.
I do kinda wanna suplex dudes as Nightwing and punch shit in Dark Souls, too, I guess.
P5 is also coming out soon-ish, so there's that.

I did the visceral attacks, but it had just been dodging till he ended the string and getting like, one hit in. I'll give it a shot.

Yea i was having trouble damaging him on NG++ after i couldnt do the visceral anymore because he would two shot me with the scythe attack. So i literally just backed up and waited for him to come to me while i charged my Ludwig's Great Sword CHarge attack.

Xux

So, do you have the characters' background story and motivations all worked out?

Good.

I have a PS4 for that. I've never played a Persona game, though, so I'm not really that hyped.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Good.

Thats my favorite part of writing. I love the shit out of back stories. It's just narrative and dialogue that I suck at. And since this is a game and there is no narrative outside of what I show in cutscenes, I really only need to polish smooth, witty dialogue.
Well, while regular guy is usually the most dullest to follow. It makes sense to follow them somewhat. Unless you can do both Jack and Anna really well. I can see the audience being put off by them. But if you can write them with subtle then you might not need William at all.

There are some important story related things that directly pertain to him, but other than that, he only talks when Jack or Anna is around. It could work. But I do need to focus on him somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom