• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

What an ordeal huh?

It's annoying specially unlocking specific version of characters. Teen Gohan with Father-Son Kamehameha? Do some quests! Piccolo when he fought 17? Super Sayian Bardock? Do quest!

I can understand for moves. But it gets super annoying for certain character types. Though I do like they split them up like BT 3 did for early mid and end...

Jman014

Sounds like something I would try..I spent about 2 days getting the Bloodsail Admiral Title..it was my first title.
Garrisons are cool. I think the majority of the playerbase spends their time there now. The general chat for it is awful, though.
I use to play alot. Not so much anymore.
Was your main Alliance or Horde? This is an important question.
Considering the majority of the cast are working on other games (Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, Nolan North) it might take time to get them all together.

Also, GoT probably has more priority.

I like the light heartedness of the game compared to other Telltale games, but that's because it's Borderlands. I really like Fiona and Rhys. I just wish there were more gifs of them out on the internet. One of the developers, along with Troy Baker and Laura Bailey did a stream of episode 2 last week and they were getting drunk while talking about behind the scenes shit. It was great.

That's fine. I luff me some GoT too.

semisonic

Banned
play doom and halflife AND TELL JMAN HE BETTER NOT SING THAT SONG ABOUT ME

My friend thinks the movie sucks.

Aww yiss WoW brother confirmed!

He's a bird that stays in your base in the Warlords of Draenor expansion that can rest on your head for an hour while you do stuff before he goes back to base, unless you die, then he goes home anyways. There's an achievement in-game of killing a bunch of different bosses with him sitting on your head so that you get an item that lets you call him at any time from anywhere. He's cute.

I legit like Tales from the Borderlands. I just wish they explained on that one stream as to why it took like 4 months to get episode 2 out. I NEED MY FIONA AND RHYS DAMNIT.
fuck your friend
that movie's pretty gud
Woof, that music.

That's not official tho.

It sounds like a baby playing on a keyboard.
But the music from a bunch of the unofficial games, like sonic after the sequel, is godlike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2UV2iMJ5Y&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1pvaj7RKLkWQmD3wETEvjh&index=9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsmXViGbcNc&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1pvaj7RKLkWQmD3wETEvjh&index=6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPMoGs1dNe0&index=47&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1pvaj7RKLkWQmD3wETEvjh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngi2mQ5vv4A&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1pvaj7RKLkWQmD3wETEvjh&index=17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMiPv3NTJN8&index=12&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1pvaj7RKLkWQmD3wETEvjh
Wow. That is actually really good.

I challenge anyone to listen to the entirety of the dark brotherhood ost, with out taking of their headphones.

You probably can't do it
Bruh
Don't even front
i'll do it
and then you gotta do it

Ok so...
I returned to the Hunter's Dream, saw that Gehrman returned, and he told me to submit my life to him. I refused, and now I have to fight him.

I presume this is the final boss fight then. But there has to be more that needs to be done.

Jman014

FOR THE HORDE!

I KNEW IT. YOU'RE HORDE JUST LIKE MAX FROM LIFE IS STRANGE! THANKS FOR BLOWING UP THERAMORE, ASSHOLE!

jk

Guess who the new Warchief of the Horde is :>

Btw I play Alliance, but I put my hatred of the Horde behind me when I stopped pvping.

I'd seriously pay money to see a more permanent way to make Horde and Alliance get along better....but FUCK THAT GOTTA PUSH DAT PVP RIGHT BLIZZ?!

Ok so...
I returned to the Hunter's Dream, saw that Gehrman returned, and he told me to submit my life to him. I refused, and now I have to fight him.

I presume this is the final boss fight then. But there has to be more that needs to be done.
The
HUBWORLD IS ON FIRE, AND YOU'RE FIGHTING IN AN MGS3 DUEL SETTING
I can't wait for Woolie to freak out over that.
But the music from a bunch of the unofficial games, like sonic after the sequel, is godlike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2UV2iMJ5Y&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1pvaj7RKLkWQmD3wETEvjh&index=9
Mmm.

I KNEW IT. YOU'RE HORDE JUST LIKE MAX FROM LIFE IS STRANGE! THANKS FOR BLOWING UP THERAMORE, ASSHOLE!

jk

Guess who the new Warchief of the Horde is :>

No i know. I returned for Warlords. It was fun for a while, i raided till like december. Then stopped. FF14 is far more interesting

Also Alliance are fucking scum. Theramore deserved to be destroyed

sjay1994

I like the light heartedness of the game compared to other Telltale games, but that's because it's Borderlands. I really like Fiona and Rhys. I just wish there were more gifs of them out on the internet. One of the developers, along with Troy Baker and Laura Bailey did a stream of episode 2 last week and they were getting drunk while talking about behind the scenes shit. It was great.

That's fine. I luff me some GoT too.

There a replay to the stream?

I always felt like One Piece was more suited for a create-your-own-character MMO-esque arena brawler than Dragonball what with it having a defined world and lore.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Hey all, hows it going?

Is 360pages here? I have some questions on how to write a story. Specifically, how to organize a plot.

Xux

Is it weird I wanna get my PS3 fixed just to play FFIX again?

Also, this Xenogears video is amazing.

semisonic

Banned
Drinking firebAll shots are hella fun you guys!

image.php

One of us!
One of us!

One of these times we just gotta have a drunk instasync for some shit movies. Alcohol always makes b movies better

That reminds me, Aaron, we still gotta watch Deadly prey soon-ish.

image.php

One of us!
One of us!

One of these times we just gotta have a drunk instasync for some shit movies. Alcohol always makes b movies better

That reminds me, Aaron, we still gotta watch Deadly prey soon-ish.

We do. My schedule is completely fucked, though. We'll work that out soon.

360pages

Hey all, hows it going?

Is 360pages here? I have some questions on how to write a story. Specifically, how to organize a plot.

Yeah, I'm here

As for plotting, I think it's somewhat important to have flow. Have a nice big boom to hook the readers while having bread crumbs of importance. How not to do this is the Kingdom Hearts 2 way where there is only 3 Important moments and most of the important stuff happens near the end.

Jman014

No i know. I returned for Warlords. It was fun for a while, i raided till like december. Then stopped. FF14 is far more interesting

Also Alliance are fucking scum. Theramore deserved to be destroyed
LOL you abandoned the fight for Ashran and taking down the Iron Horde and Vol'jin is pissed! D:

Thanks to you Laura Bailey I mean Jaina is crazy now! :(
There a replay to the stream?

Here's part 1

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I need to play FF9 again. I havnt in like a year.

I just replayed it this last summer. Still amazing, how you learn spells and skills in that game is my my favorite way in any RPG, 2nd is materia and 3rd is SMT's way of doing it.

And the OST, OH LAWD. So fucking good.

Also, where the fuck does
the Iron Door Key go to? I mean, I assume it's an Iron Door, but I'm not up to going back to every locked door I've passed in this game already just to see if it changes anything.

Xux

Ehhh.. but that requires facecaming. >_>

How so? (in regards to getting your ps3 fixed just for ffIX)
I just think it's weird that a PSX game is the thing I want my PS3 back for compared to stuff like Arkham City, SFIV, or Dark Souls.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, I'm here

As for plotting, I think it's somewhat important to have flow. Have a nice big boom to hook the readers while having bread crumbs of importance. How not to do this is the Kingdom Hearts 2 way where there is only 3 Important moments and most of the important stuff happens near the end.

I have a huge, massive story that focuses on 3 characters.
-A psychopath named Jack who is leading a rebellion because he likes to fight and never got to in a war due to an injury, and he also likes gaining people's trust and acting like he believes in the cause for their rebellion.
-A rebel leader named William who discovers how Jack came to lead the rebellion through illicit means, and that he doesn't really care for the cause, and is forced to help him anyway because Jack's charisma and leadership skills are all that is holding the rebellion together.
-A spy from a neighboring country that is sent to observe the rebel forces and feed them false information to try and reduce their numbers by leading them into massacres and traps.

Most of the story is going to focus on the characters and the world, so how would I arrange that? What should I write first?

Also, where the fuck does
the Iron Door Key go to? I mean, I assume it's an Iron Door, but I'm not up to going back to every locked door I've passed in this game already just to see if it changes anything.

On the caged elevator with the broken door after the middle loft lamp, you can jump through a window

somebody hasn't played nier I see...

Bitch i own nier

sjay1994

DUDE! Can you teach me how to make gifs?!

its really simple and you don't need any software.

1) Get a youtube url
2) insert the word "gif" before youtube

You have a time period of the video, where you can isolate 1-15 seconds you want to make into a gif.

There are also other free sites you can use if you want to add text to it.

Hey all, hows it going?

I can help too! I write things!

Break your plot down into four basic acts. A B C and D. If your basic plot can't fit into that structure then you're probably trying to do too much. Once you have that, break down how many chapters you think you'll need to tell each chapter and work out a timeline for those events then write rough outlines of each chapter and then start writing each one fully from there.

Zenfalcia

You are the hero we deserve.
Am I though?
I have a huge, massive story that focuses on 3 characters.
-A psychopath named Jack who is leading a rebellion because he likes to fight and never got to in a war due to an injury, and he also likes gaining people's trust and acting like he believes in the cause for their rebellion.
-A rebel leader named William who discovers how Jack came to lead the rebellion through illicit means, and that he doesn't really care for the cause, and is forced to help him anyway because Jack's charisma and leadership skills are all that is holding the rebellion together.
-A spy from a neighboring country that is sent to observe the rebel forces and feed them false information to try and reduce their numbers by leading them into massacres and traps.

Most of the story is going to focus on the characters and the world, so how would I arrange that? What should I write first?
My two cents:
You could have key events you want to get to, and then string them up.

semisonic

Banned
I only played SMT4, but I really liked how they dealt with skills in that game.

Mine is FFVII because its so fucking good, but IX is up there.

I know Niers OST, but I've never played it. Never cared to.
I think it might be my game of the generation last generation
It's outrageously good, and despite having the best story I've seen in forever the gameplay wasn't bad either.

Jman014

its really simple and you don't need any software.

1) Get a youtube url
2) insert the word "gif" before youtube

You have a time period of the video, where you can isolate 1-15 seconds you want to make into a gif.

There are also other free sites you can use if you want to add text to it.

Thank you! Now YOU get a cookie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom