• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

It's gonna be real fun next week when Pat's trying to squee about the end of Heavensward while not being able to explain on the podcast why he's squeeing because of spoilers.

Geg

I think I've now been listening to the podcast for a full year, wow

A whole year and they still haven't fixed the player on the website

Nordicus

I'm listening to Sleepycast, the other podcast that Woolie and Matt apparently were on, and GODDAMN those guys have way bigger issues talking over each other or hijacking stories/discussions with irrelevant BS than SBFP ever have. Every 5 minutes I feel like shouting someone to STFU and let another person finish

It's gonna be real fun next week when Pat's trying to squee about the end of Heavensward while not being able to explain on the podcast why he's squeeing because of spoilers.

I'm just a bit post the first primal battle of the expansion. I've been hearing alot about the end of this story that I'm really excited to see it.

Sometimes I wish the other members of the zaibatsu weren't afraid to play mmo's so that they could get a good conversation about them.

THE GATES TO THE WOOLIE HOLE WILL OPEN SOON! CHERISH YOUR INNOCENCE WHILE IT LASTS!

But a 100 podcasts, yo. That's quite a milestone.

it will soon be upon us
two of three chaos seals as were prophesized have been opened
FF7Remake
Gay Marriage
once podcast 100 is up the gates will open and all girls will have short hair and be tomboys
FOREVER

So I kind of may have given in to my mmo thirst and bought FF14. Anything I need to be aware of as a new player?
Don't still items that are 100% spirit bond that can be converted into materia. Make materia whenever you can.

Also try to level up your companion chocobo as you level. It may not seem like it but they are pretty useful.

Don't still items that are 100% spirit bond that can be converted into materia. Make materia whenever you can.

Also try to level up your companion chocobo as you level. It may not seem like it but they are pretty useful.

You can access the world with triple triad when you hit level 15. Might have to google where the quest is to go to that world since I forgot which one it was.

Triple Triad is good.

Thanks! Finally found a server I can download with a proper speed from. Wasted half a day downloading at .25Mb/s. Only 20 minutes left now though!

I can imagine Woolie is gonna be hyped for X-23 being the new Wolverine.

Swear he said ages back he hoped that'd happen... They don't talk about comics much so I forget things ;-;

I can imagine Woolie is gonna be hyped for X-23 being the new Wolverine.

Swear he said ages back he hoped that'd happen... They don't talk about comics much so I forget things ;-;

They need to talk about comics more

And Woolie needs to talk about fighting games and the FGC more, if Pat can talk for hours about FFXIVnobodygivesafuck, surely there are no rules anymore. Did he talk about CEO in the podcast? I haven't listened yet.

Squishy3

And Woolie needs to talk about fighting games and the FGC more, if Pat can talk for hours about FFXIVnobodygivesafuck, surely there are no rules anymore. Did he talk about CEO in the podcast? I haven't listened yet.
The most uninterrupted discussion about FFXIV we got in the podcast was the Billy saga

Seems like most of them probably don't have the time or care enough for Non-EVO tourneys to really talk about it.

A shame too because the ultimax finale was super hype.

I'm trying but it's not allowing me to make new characters there. :/

Well it is Tuesday so it could be server maintenance at the moment. Might have to try again later.

Seems like most of them probably don't have the time or care enough for Non-EVO tourneys to really talk about it.

A shame too because the ultimax finale was super hype.

Well it is Tuesday so it could be server maintenance at the moment. Might have to try again later.

Ah ok, that's good to know. I'll just keep refreshing every once in a while for now then.

I like it when they talk about anything they're that deep into, even if I don't really care about it. (As an example, while I like fighting games and even tournaments the FGC itself is of less-than-no interest to me, but I still like hearing Woolie talk about collusion and how Filipino Champ is the best villain or whatever.) The podcast is at its best when they're ranting madly about something they're passionate about, rather than doing navel-gazing speculation about something that's super "topical" but that they're barely familiar with. (MOBAs, for example.)

I like it when they talk about anything they're that deep into, even if I don't really care about it. (As an example, while I like fighting games and even tournaments the FGC itself is of less-than-no interest to me, but I still like hearing Woolie talk about collusion and how Filipino Champ is the best villain or whatever.) The podcast is at its best when they're ranting madly about something they're passionate about, rather than doing navel-gazing speculation about something that's super "topical" but that they're barely familiar with. (MOBAs, for example.)
My post was unclear, obviously if Woolie doesn't care enough to talk about CEO he shouldn't talk about it, I'm just assuming that he is.

Maybe this is a sign that I should find a FGC podcast instead of wanting the Friendcast to become something it's not.

I wasn't aware how rare those custom cartridges were, that they talked about on the podcast.

I live in the southern Ontario, and every year we have the KW video game swap, where there are a number of vendors that have those games. Last time I went I had to fight the urge to buy a translated Secret of Mana 3, and a redone version of Link to the Past called master quest that's just supposed to be much harder.

I thought a place like Montreal would have tonnes of events like that, where things like that would happen all the time.

I wasn't aware how rare those custom cartridges were, that they talked about on the podcast.

I live in the southern Ontario, and every year we have the KW video game swap, where there are a number of vendors that have those games. Last time I went I had to fight the urge to buy a translated Secret of Mana 3, and a redone version of Link to the Past called master quest that's just supposed to be much harder.

I thought a place like Montreal would have tonnes of events like that, where things like that would happen all the time.
About how much are the custom cartridges? I tried asking them on twitter, but it seems that they aren't replying. I'd expect they're extremely niche to have a lot of them around.

2ae1b2f71ee4d0cc652b65ca4e573242.png

I think Matt's really fallen into this SU hole. Good on him, can't wait until he gets to the best song ever.

About how much are the custom cartridges? I tried asking them on twitter, but it seems that they aren't replying. I'd expect they're extremely niche to have a lot of them around.

$85 -$100 Canadian. and since they are pretty niche, and sort of difficult to actually make I figure that's a good price.

Glitchesarecool said:
think Matt's really fallen into this SU hole. Good on him, can't wait until he gets to the best song ever.

I wondering if anyone besides myself sees the similarities between Steven Universe and the Gem Story line from Legend of Mana.

Lapis is best gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom