• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

It's the best kind of weird shit.

Eva Spoilers
You know it's good when a guy rubs one out to a comatose person.

KWHUSpG.jpg

Its just yogurt drink

I watched it up to maybe the 7th episode around a year ago, I then watched the 3 rebuilds, and now I am watching this n64 vid.

Its still some weird shit.
You basically have never seen the real EVA, also ewww Rebuilds ewwww
They flanderize that waaay too much...
I'm ok with most of it in the case of the fighting games. Some of it gets real bad in the story mode, but as a goofy offshoot it's alright.

They flanderize that waaay too much...

I liked it more in P4A when its just weird quirk almost every fighting game character has. In PQ, its super annoying.

It's the best kind of weird shit.

Eva Spoilers
You know it's good when a guy rubs one out to a comatose person.

I lost my shit so hard at that scene. Still up there in most hilarious scenes in anime ever. Especially with what he says at the end of it.

Xiraiya

Because they're interesting characters.

Are they? Are "Female Saiyan Waifus" interesting characters when they're almost non existent in the series?

I would understand if you had been like "Female Saiyans are kind of a mystery so I wanted to play one"

But since you went and added "waifu" followed by posting random fan art, I'm guessing your interest is more to do with the fact they are "female" with female parts and all that stuff, rather than the genuine interest in the lack of lore surrounding female Saiyans.
I don't really care about Waifus, I am not a female, nor do I want to be a female, therefore I have no interest in playing as a female in a game in which you create the character that you are in that universe.

Its just yogurt drink

...is that your hand?

I liked it more in P4A when its just weird quirk almost every fighting game character has. In PQ, its super annoying.

I lost my shit so hard at that scene. Still up there in most hilarious scenes in anime ever. Especially with what he says at the end of it.
I didn't really lose my shit, I just kinda had to sit there for a minute and let what I just watched sink in for a moment.

RainSD

Neo Member

I really hate the design for Mitsuru and Akihiko. It seems so wrong to their character. I mean sure I can believe Akihiko went around the world to train but geez guys.

Are they? Are "Female Saiyan Waifus" interesting characters when they're almost non existent in the series?

I would understand if you had been like "Female Saiyans are kind of a mystery so I wanted to play one"

But since you went and added "waifu" followed by posting random fan art, I'm guessing your interest is more to do with the fact they are "female" with female parts and all that stuff, rather than the genuine interest in the lack of lore surrounding female Saiyans.
I don't really care about Waifus, I am not a female, nor do I want to be a female, therefore I have no interest in playing as a female in a game in which you create the character that you are in that universe.

Dude, I was referencing the art that Plague of Gripes makes. He makes rt of those two Saiyan girls, and in the several videos where he draws some art of them he goes on about their character. I was also referencing the DBZ SBFP, where Woolie said he'd make the Saiyan girl, but made RAGE instead. In the videos (Plague) fleshed out the characters very well, and I personally enjoy them. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted a couple of my jokes mixed with references, I didn't mean to insult you in any way. It's fine.

I really hate the design for Mitsuru and Akihiko. It seems so wrong to their character. I mean sure I can believe Akihiko went around the world to train but geez guys.

I adore their designs. Its meant to be really exaggerated in how they appear. Its a fighting game, and an Arcsys one at that. It could have much crazier and I much prefer the P3 characters redesigns to their vanilla designs. I'm glad they stayed with the vanilla P4 designs though because man some of those redesigns in
the true ending
are really bad.

I didn't really lose my shit, I just kinda had to sit there for a minute and let what I just watched sink in for a moment.

At that point I just gave up on trying to take it seriously and just wanted to see how far it'd go with its insane bullshit and man
it went to some seriously bullshit places.

Shack is the lone defender of the dub, SkLa and Abu even like the sub better,
Just fyi, that's Plague of Gripes' art.

I just really like the sub. Its one of the few subs that I actually really enjoy and not just watch because its better than the dub.

Rean

I vote we make Sjay watch End of Evangelion.
I second this.
Really? I thought it was just really fucked up.
Rei is the best tho.
You're not wrong.
So.... this is a character in Tokyo Ghoul

And he fights with a weapon called Narukami, that shoots lightning.

This is weirding me out.
What?!?! That's amazing.

I adore their designs. Its meant to be really exaggerated in how they appear. Its a fighting game, and an Arcsys one at that. It could have much crazier and I much prefer the P3 characters redesigns to their vanilla designs. I'm glad they stayed with the vanilla P4 designs though because man some of those redesigns in
the true ending
are really bad.

At that point I just gave up on trying to take it seriously and just wanted to see how far it'd go with its insane bullshit and man
it went to some seriously bullshit places.

I just really like the sub. Its one of the few subs that I actually really enjoy and not just watch because its better than the dub.
Well after watching it raw and seeing 25 and 26 and being really salty at the ending, EoE kinda at least gave me closure on it. It didn't get that crazy.

I second this.

Really? I thought it was just really fucked up.

You're not wrong.

What?!?! That's amazing.

Tokyo Ghoul is enjoyable.
I enjoy it.

beinfilms

I have to say, I'm really enjoying listening to the P3 OST while walking between classes. I kinda just feels right.

Now, if only I could glide across the ground because I move faster than my animation when I walk...

I have to say, I'm really enjoying listening to the P3 OST while walking between classes. I kinda just feels right.

Now, if only I could glide across the ground because I move faster than my animation when I walk...
I remember playing P4 and then P3 my senior year of highschool. Feel weirdly appropriate to listen to a lot.

Just out your one hand in your pocket

beinfilms

I remember playing P4 and then P3 my senior year of highschool. Feel weirdly appropriate to listen to a lot.

Just out your one hand in your pocket

Nah, both hands in pockets looks way cooler.

I've always been the kind of person who likes to do game walking animations: I modeled the way I go down stairs after L.A. Noire, I walked around with my left hand in my pocket and my right arm dangling for months after Wolf Among Us, and now I'm doing the P3 thing. (It'd be weird if I did the Life Is Strange run, as hilarious as I find it.)

To this day, if no one's looking, I sometimes do the Snake style gun in right hand, knife in left. Without either, but still, it's fun.

...holy shit, I'm a fucking nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom