• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just began season 2 now.

Midorima is da bes.

tumblr_mszytbhp451rtgwjbo3_500.gif

I think Hyuga and Riko grew to be my favorite characters by the end. I like their subtle romance.

tumblr_mszytbhp451rtgwjbo3_500.gif

I think Hyuga and Riko grew to be my favorite characters by the end. I like their subtle romance.

Hyuga and Riko have a romance? Oh...

I was hoping she just remained as tough female coach and didn't need no man.

Kuroko and pink haired girl seems like it'll be a thing later on.

Xiraiya

I've been planning to watch it, I just have so much other shit to watch and I keep starting older series that I missed.

It sounds like it's going to be a short series and there are only 2 eps out right now so it's the kind of thing you could probably fit in whenever.

Hyuga and Riko have a romance? Oh...

I was hoping she just remained as tough female coach and didn't need no man.

Like I said, it's subtle. So subtle that it might even be considered a ship on my part. But they just have occasional moments alone together and there seems to be something there.

Xiraiya

That CG Dragon in the background is somewhat putting me off, but the character designs look really cool. I really like how afro guy has a scar barely missing his eye.

It blends better than you think, Afro guy and the girl have been the main focus, I think technically she's the protagonist, but I'm sure by the end all 3 will be equally important.

Zenfalcia

I've been planning to watch it, I just have so much other shit to watch and I keep starting older series that I missed.

There's always a lot to watch. You'll always be behind. Like engaged to the unidentified and many more. Some better than others ofc.

I still havent gotten the time to watch any of the new animes. I need to fix that.

kewlmyc

Reached chapter 3 in TEW.
So far the game isn't too difficult, though it manages to keep me on edge.
(gameplay spoiler)
Lighting them on fire doesn't seem to be necessary as long as you either stealth kill them (or I assume shoot them in the head) or there's a pool of blood surrounding their corpse. Haven't shot a bullet since that one mandatory gunfight and there seem to be plenty of torches around so you don't have to waste your matches.

I'm not playing it, but wouldn't having a torch on you alert nearby monsters, making stealth kills harder?

Anyone care to make predictions about the remaining shitstorm games? I'm thinking Rule of Rose might make a return.

I'm hoping for either RE3 or Cry of Fear.

Cry of Fear is actually consistently scary, that would be my best choice.

Yep and forcing Pat to play would be comedy gold. The salty tears would be flying. I've heard it gets the jumpscares and genuine horror atmosphere down.

Xiraiya

I'm not really behind on anime, 95% of new anime that come out every year are things I REALLY don't want to see, because Otaku culture is retarded and I do not want any part of the present day incarnation of it.

Anyone care to make predictions about the remaining shitstorm games? I'm thinking Rule of Rose might make a return.
Rule Of Rose is a good bet since I assume it's highly requested, but then again I was surprised by Bug Island.

I watch Anime and stuff for ideas more then anything now. Not that I don't watch for enjoyment that is.
That's part of the reason why I mainly watch mecha shows these days. I like to find more ideas of robots for inspiration (that and one of my dream projects involves mecha so of course).

360pages

That's part of the reason why I mainly watch mecha shows these days. I like to find more ideas of robots for inspiration (that and one of my dream projects involves mecha so of course).

I read to understand what;s good prose and what's bad prose and I watch stuff to get an idea about certain things.

Xiraiya

I mean: if mechs were real, what series would be the first to have gotten it right?

I always lean towards gundam's crazy design with the EVA/Pacifc Rim style interface.

Honestly, I feel like early Code Geass or Metal Gear, because completely upright Mechs would never be viable until earlier versions had been around a long time for that technology to be refined.

Code Geass mechs ran on wheels and had giant support things coming off the backs of their legs, until the more Gundam like ones were developed in season 2.

Honestly, I feel like early Code Geass or Metal Gear, because completely upright Mechs would never be viable until earlier versions had been around a long time for that technology to be refined.

Code Geass mechs ran on wheels and had giant support things coming off the backs of their legs, until the more Gundam like ones were developed in season 2.

Season 1 code geass. You should really be specific here because season 2 mechs are ridiculously unreal in what they can do.

I mean: if mechs were real, what series would be the first to have gotten it right?
If anything, I would say Armored Trooper VOTOMs. They're mass produced 4 meter tall robots that are more real than even Gundam's mobile suits.

Votoms04.jpg

And this was back in the early 80s. I can't think of any other mecha after that was any more real than that, or held close to its own rules as much as this.

Xiraiya

Yeah just noticed that now lol. But you're definitely right about code geass. Those were definitely more realistic when it comes to anime mechs.

Even they were sort of stretching it, but they were definitely way more believable than the usual designs with the fact they didn't really walk so much as roll and had rather bulky and aesthetically bland designs, which really worked in favor of their believability.

Oberon

Banned
Well. In what sense? Like not having help to draw stuff like background and stuff like that?

My problem is that I am trying to draw a character.I know how to do the basic chape of a human body, but the face, hands and clothes are still a difficult part for me.
I know that I have to practise more, but somtimes I just get inspired to draw a specific thing but my skills aren't good enough yet.
You could say that I get impatient, because practicing isn't much fun to me.

My problem is that I am trying to draw a character.I know how to do the basic chape of a human body, but the face, hands and clothes are still a difficult part for me.
I know that I have to practise more, but somtimes I just get inspired to draw a specific thing but my skills aren't good enough yet.

Have you seen Aaron's work on the Nintendo Dating Sim? I'm sure you could be much worse.
Don't give up, Skeleron

Zenfalcia

I know what you mean. I can draw the face at a competent level, but then i crap the bed as i draw the whole body. I can't get the proportions right, due to the lack of practice of properly drawing them.

Practising isn't fun but you need it to get better or you'll always be drawing incorrectly and just get gud at drawing something bad. -paraphrased words from a certain plague of gripes.

Watch his drawing videos. It's interesting to hear him talk about drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom