• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Shhhh.. Let him experience berserk without having any expectations. It'll be better this way.
Oh yeah I know, tho I knew of that part and kidna spoiled myself a few months before I actually started reading of that specific part but the part im talking about is
When Guts is raped as a child, I thought there would be some type of cutaway thing(as much as you can do a "cutaway" in a manga but he basically showed guts getting raped and I didnt expect it.
beside that particular part that i doubt i have to specify. iv always felt that the first part of Berserk (everything before Golden age) was actually the darkest and most brutal part of the whole series.

I might have to agree, Im shocked miura was able to keep berserk publicized before than, Guts was such a dick to everyone, like EVERYONE, and just didnt give a fuck, if you didnt know anything about berserk and just picked it up to read you'd probably put it back down for how much of a asshole guts is in the first arc.

beside that particular part that i doubt i have to specify. iv always felt that the first part of Berserk (everything before Golden age) was actually the darkest and most brutal part of the whole series.

Well, that's the intended juxtaposition, right? After what happens you go "Waitaminute... Isn't everything supposed to be more fucked up now? Why is everyone so happy? Is Griffith actually not bullshitting about his goals and intentions? And then you remember.

FUCK Griffith!

I love this tablet. It makes so much shit awesome. I can read al of the manga! Going to bed is way better since I can watch shit until I fall asleep.

foxuzamaki

Well, that's the intended juxtaposition, right? After what happens you go "Waitaminute... Isn't everything supposed to be more fucked up now? Why is everyone so happy? Is Griffith actually not bullshitting about his goals and intentions? And then you remember.

FUCK Griffith!

I cant tell you how happy I was for a fictional character, so happy that guts has a crew again, and that he can sleep in a bed and he has friends that he can trust and dont have to fight every single night of his life, so much burden that he didnt need

FUCK Griffith!

totally
i loved the tone it gave the entire golden age arc,
how despite everything seeming to be getting better and thing looking more and more promising,
you always have that tiny feeling at the back of your mind that sometime soon everything is just going to go to absolute shit.
And the you STILL arnt prepared for how bad it actually goes.

Man i love Berserk

I cant tell you how happy I was for a fictional character, so happy that guts has a crew again, and that he can sleep in a bed and he has friends that he can trust and dont have to fight every single night of his life, so much burden that he didnt need

yeah, but i doubt this is going to last, things tend to not go well for guts any time things start looking up.

Zenfalcia

Can I assume they can transform between forms. Also, what kind of vampires are you going to base this off of? Like european vampires, mix of other versions, japanese? Why just have one town? It seems a little odd, unless you make it secluded in some way from the rest of the world. Another idea is have them be part of a secret organization as cliche as it is.

foxuzamaki

totally
how despite everything seeming to be getting better and thing looking more and more promising,
you always have that tiny feeling at the back of your mind that sometime soon everything is just going to go to absolute shit.

Man i love Berserk

yeah, but i doubt this is going to last, things tend to not go well for guts any time things start looking up.

Thats what im scared of, im currently on chapter 274 and im constantly fearing everything is going to become super depressing in just one chapter(tho I believe even now nothing has happened yet which makes me happy)
But I always hold out hope that this is the final party and will be with him until the end, tho I can believe that in the final chapters he'll start killing them off one by one in epic climaxes.

360pages

Can I assume they can transform between forms. Also, what kind of vampires are you going to base this off of? Like european vampires, mix of other versions, japanese? Why just have one town? It seems a little odd, unless you make it secluded in some way from the rest of the world. Another idea is have them be part of a secret organization as cliche as it is.

The Lycantrope can, the other two don't have to since they look human enough and the bat girl isn't going undercover, but rather giving information.

Well, I figure if I wanted to make it longer/make more than one story. A good introduction chapter to how advance everything is, then have the blunt of the story take place to some place closer to ours would make more sense.

It's a pretty big city, and they are going undercover in collage, I'll make up a half ass excuse the the collage offer night classes until 10:00pm so the vampire can be there.

The city is in the middle of the ocean, and only the higher ups know about demons and how common they became. The city, for all purposes is stuck in 2014ish time. Without all the advancements of the rest of the world.

They are apart of an organization though, that was hired to look into it.

Chinese hopping vampires.

Thats what im scared of, im currently on chapter 274 and im constantly fearing everything is going to become super depressing in just one chapter(tho I believe even now nothing has happened yet which makes me happy)
But I always hold out hope that this is the final party and will be with him until the end, tho I can believe that in the final chapters he'll start killing them off one by one in epic climaxes.

Climaxes
might not be the word you want to use.
Everything goes to shit when someone climaxes in Berserk.

Zenfalcia

Oh yeah I know, tho I knew of that part and kidna spoiled myself a few months before I actually started reading of that specific part but the part im talking about is
When Guts is raped as a child, I thought there would be some type of cutaway thing(as much as you can do a "cutaway" in a manga but he basically showed guts getting raped and I didnt expect it.

I might have to agree, Im shocked miura was able to keep berserk publicized before than, Guts was such a dick to everyone, like EVERYONE, and just didnt give a fuck, if you didnt know anything about berserk and just picked it up to read you'd probably put it back down for how much of a asshole guts is in the first arc.

Yeah. I didn't expect that, it caught me a little off guard.

I understood it as it being due to how he was raised and who his mentor was. It's how he survived
until he met griffith and casca.

totally

Man i love Berserk

I loved how everything seemed to mesh well together and really round out most of the characters. Some more than others, but still. You saw characters develop.

I have a feeling the author won't do anything too horrible just yet. He's been tired down by the stuff he did in the past and now it'll be lighter hearted. Besides killing cthulu. I don't know where they are going with the boat though. We never really got a good map of the world.

I think this will last longer. For how long? Who knows.

foxuzamaki

what I miss?

zlCfzSjYaQ4vLjDlGZ

Also lots of gushing about Berserk
also im heading to bed, night guys.

Zenfalcia

The Lycantrope can, the other two don't have to since they look human enough and the bat girl isn't going undercover, but rather giving information.

Well, I figure if I wanted to make it longer/make more than one story. A good introduction chapter to how advance everything is, then have the blunt of the story take place to some place closer to ours would make more sense.

It's a pretty big city, and they are going undercover in collage, I'll make up a half ass excuse the the collage offer night classes until 10:00pm so the vampire can be there.

The city is in the middle of the ocean, and only the higher ups know about demons and how common they became. The city, for all purposes is stuck in 2014ish time. Without all the advancements of the rest of the world.

They are apart of an organization though, that was hired to look into it.

Sure. Just make sure you show rather than tell, if you know what i mean. i.e. Instead of saying guy graduated from harvard university have him pick up a picture of him with his buddy graduating in harvard.

Ok. Could work. Just make sure you have a good idea of how the organization operates etc.

Hmmm.. Gonna be tough but you can probably explain the reasoning behind it properly.

Chinese hopping vampires.

Yeah.. Maybe?

what I miss?

You missed a lot. Talks about lewd stuff and just.. a lot..

I'm going to sleep too.. I need to ween myself off of gaf.. You know it's bad when you're #1 in the shame car
and average 18 posts a day..
IT'S BADDD..

Boobs are also way easier to fake into looking nice what with pushup bra's and the like.
It's also easier to look at butts without the person noticing #teamshameless

Well, jeans now can make a butt look better just as easily as a push up bra, but it feels more like it's working with what's there instead of falsifying it.

I can't believe people are pointing at metacritic scores in that Platinum thread. People dismiss MC all the time, except when it suits them, as they can't stop jerking that score hard enough once that happens.
Hypocrisy is a bit of a given with all people and all things. That same mindset applies to a lot of politics.

What doesn't help is that the title of the thread had the Metacritic in it for a long time, until a petition thread to get it removed came, and the fact I think(?) it's the best reviewed game all year.

Watched episode 2 of Supernatural Battles. Like, the animation became way more Trigger in their comical scenes, but super powers were used a total of two seconds and nothing happened when they were. I still don't fully know about this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom