• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn, I tried playing ME3 when it was on sale a while back and couldn't even get passed the intro without it feeling so incredibly contrived and awful.

Listening to that dialogue in the Geth scene is painful.

Village

I
I'd say something is interfering then, but I don't know what it could be. I'm really sorry, man. I was hoping it'd work. You could try one part of the process over again (by just deleting the drivers through the scpdriver.exe program and immediately reinstalling them again), but I doubt it'd magically function again. I'm not sure what to do at this point. You could try taking it to that forum itself, but other than that, I can't really think of anything else.

Well, thanks if it doesn't work. Back to motionjoy i guess

Jman014

Man you guys hate ME3 more than me.

That final scene pulled at my heart strings.

tumblr_nbqzriIBID1rlvhbho2_500.gif

Hugs for Korra

360pages

I honestly think Kickstarter is a great way to get games to come out that normally wouldn't. Far better than early access. The game is pretty much having its cost met, and if you don't care about the project/game you don't have to fund it or just wait for it to come out.

Squishy3

STOP!
Try something else. MotioninJoy is spyware. Do NOT use it.
It's kind of a joke when the solution for most people to get a DS3 working easily on their computer is a piece of spyware/adware. I remember trying to use BetterDS3 to get a second controller working on my PC for local multi stuff and couldn't get it to work and said fuck it and bought another wired 360 controller. Never installed MIJ either.

It's the entire story structure collapsing onto itself as they finally realized they couldn't adequately work out every possible outcome properly, the insanely repetitive and linear mission structure, the lifeless level design, the boring new enemies, the terrible new team members, the way they fucked up the existing cast, the lack of agency and tension throughout the entire thing, the pointlessness of every possible choice you've made in the previous games, the lackluster writing and acting in general and the godawful, disastrous piece of shit of an ending (and a "PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO DLC" message afterwards). All of these combined just ruined the entire thing.

Now I'm not the biggest Mass Effect fan. I liked the games for what they tried to do, especially during the time they tried to do it. The world and its species were relatively interesting, despite every one of them being somewhat lackluster and oddly written, but that is to be expected from Bioware. I'm not expecting another Planescape Torment or anything, which is why I didn't mind the first two games. But despite that, I still needed some time to recover from what a fucking disaster the third game was in my eyes.

I'm really glad Journey came out a few days later and healed those wounds by being such an unbelievably amazing game.

How about that super important 'Totally not important to the story, we swear!" day 1 dlc?

Agent York

Neo Member
Yeah, Naruto does that a lot. At one point a character ta commits genocide and made child soldiers get a tragic back story right before he dies. Just to note, we later find out he did even more horrible shit later after his death.

Naruto tries way too hard to make us feel bad for really awful people.
YO DAWG, I KNOW THIS GUY JUST NUKED HALF A CITY AND IS GOING ON A GENOCIDAL KILLING SPREE, BUT I GOTTA TELL YOU ABOUT THE TIME WHEN HIS FRIEND AND DOG DIED, AND HE AWOKE TO HIS SUPER JESUS POWERS AND VOWED REVENGEANCE UPON ZA WARUDO

360pages

YO DAWG, I KNOW THIS GUY JUST NUKED HALF A CITY AND IS GOING ON A GENOCIDAL KILLING SPREE, BUT I GOTTA TELL YOU ABOUT THE TIME WHEN HIS FRIEND AND DOG DIED, AND HE AWOKE TO HIS SUPER JESUS POWERS AND VOWED REVENGEANCE UPON ZA WARUDO

I know this is a joke, but almost all the major villains back stories are like this. I know it's supposed to show that no one is naturally evil and hate isn't just something that shows up and what not. But sometimes I feel they use it as an excuse rather than fleshing out the character.

360pages

I'm more surprised that people just don't buy Logitech controls for PC games. I mean they are rather cheap, and work well for most of my PC gaming. (The rare stuff I do)

I'm more surprised that people just don't buy Logitech controls for PC games. I mean they are rather cheap, and work well for most of my PC gaming. (The rare stuff I do)

Woof, I mean it's ok. Most people are picky with their controllers though. My Logitech stuff I find myself dissatisfied with.

Bioware post-BG has always been just ok. Lackluster, clumsy and odd, but passable writing and somewhat enjoyable games. I'd just say they've been going downhill for years (taking a nosedive after having bought by EA), but started out relatively strong.
Yup.
Paper update: its not actually due today and I stayed up all night for nothing
The best outcome you could've hoped for. Now you have a head start.

croten

YES EVEN SHIT MOUNTAIN. "SNARKY" WAS A DEDICATED CONVERSATION OPTION.

Okay, I haven't played a story-focused mainline Bioware RPG that I didn't like. Phrasing.

Me too. I am confident that it will be a surprise hit a la shadow of mordor.

Why would it be a surprise hit? It's Bioware, a success wouldn't be that much of a surprise

360pages

Woof, I mean it's ok. Most people are picky with their controllers though. My Logitech stuff I find myself dissatisfied with.

Oh, fair enough. I just thought they had a large enough selection and types that there was probably a controller that was at least usable. I mean, they have knock off 360 and PS2 controllers.

Agent York

Neo Member
I know this is a joke, but almost all the major villains back stories are like this. I know it's supposed to show that no one is naturally evil and hate isn't just something that shows up and what not. But sometimes I feel they use it as an excuse rather than fleshing out the character.
It is made even worse by Kishimoto's obsession with interjecting said "empathy flashbacks" in partway through key moments and battles, just makes the pacing trip and fall in a ravine. If you are gonna interrupt a life-or-death situation with some exposition, it better damn well be some important exposition.

Played a bit of the EO4 demo. It was alright. My team of lolis and I ventured forth into a lush forest in order to dig up some ore, which makes no sense, and then we left. Can't say it was very interesting. At least it made my decision of postponing PQ more valid.

Bioware is like Ubisoft (to a lesser degree). They can make garbage and it's still going to sell relatively well. Especially now with EA's marketing money behind them. It's also the third game in a franchise, a sutprise hit won't be the case.
Hell, any game with EAs marketing can sell well.

also

Buy it to at least support more SEGA franchise PC games. The Dream is real.

I don't play games on my laptop, (because I can't and don't want to), but I'll buy it just to support the game and Sega for doing this.

Now just to figure out how to use Steam. I hope I can just buy it from their website or something.

360pages

It is made even worse by Kishimoto's obsession with interjecting said "empathy flashbacks" in partway through key moments and battles, just makes the pacing trip and fall in a ravine. If you are gonna interrupt a life-or-death situation with some exposition, it better damn well be some important exposition.

I loved it when Kabuto had his entire life story told while he was fighting Sasuke and Itachi. It was super out of place, and I was wondering why he was even having that flashback, because he was stronger than an uchiha at that point. The only reason he lost was because his foes had the one skill that could beat him. (This happens a lot in part 2)

360pages

Played a bit of the EO4 demo. It was alright. My team of lolis and I ventured forth into a lush forest in order to dig up some ore, which makes no sense, and then we left. Can't say it was very interesting. At least it made my decision of postponing PQ more valid.

The game gets a bit better on the first proper floor and when you get to the world map. (Though you really can't do much with it since it's a demo)

Did you know there's gold in the amazon?

Agent York

Neo Member
I loved it when Kabuto had his entire life story told while he was fighting Sasuke and Itachi. It was super out of place, and I was wondering why he was even having that flashback, because he was stronger than an uchiha at that point. The only reason he lost was because his foes had the one skill that could beat him. (This happens a lot in part 2)
Wow seriously? Even friggin Kabuto gets the sympathy backstory? Fml that is ridiculous.

Village

STOP!
Try something else. MotioninJoy is spyware/malware. Do NOT use it.
It also overrides your USB and bluetooth drivers, rendering them useless permanently (Could it be the reason why this isn't working?). It's just a fucking awful piece of software that no one should ever use.

My USB drivers work except for this.

The only other options cost money, and I would like to play games. Not just because I enjoy them , but to learn.

There aint no other options, wrapper.isnt real. Atleast for.me

Isn't there any other program like that betterds3 or something people were mentioning? I'd still recommend against using blatant spyware/malware
Yea, better ds3 is fucking great. However I'm pretty sure you have to have motion joy drivers on your computer for it too work for some reason.

The only other options cost money, and I would like to play games. Not just because I enjoy them , but to learn.
Spyware lets people literally spy on your computer and what you do. Malware harms your computer.

Please don't.

360pages

It's not worth the risk, are you sure you can't spring for a 20$ Longitic controller, even if they aren't ideal, it would be better than harming your computer. Even a converter for 15-30$ would go a long way.

Village

Isn't there any other program like that betterds3 or something people were mentioning? I'd still recommend against using blatant spyware/malware
Better ds3 requires motionjoy, but its makes it work offline, so no spyware also it runs an entire different thing

It's not worth the risk, are you sure you can't spring for a 20$ Longitic controller, even if they aren't ideal, it would be better than harming your computer. Even a converter for 15-30$ would go a long way.
im broooooke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom