• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

It's not a burden.

If you are going to go motionjoy, keep that shit in a sandbox, and make sure you check your drivers constantly, and make sure it doesn't break USB compatibility. Like I said before, motionjoy made the insanely simple task of installing a mouse take hours.
I would like to be able to compensate you, thats not a thing I can do at the momento

demidar

You have the dodge move and stealth move you can totally build to make realtime fun and more strategic.

You can't use them while recovering (unless you hook Jaunt() as an upgrade). But most attacks are too slow to be useful. I ran with Ping() + Jaunt() so I can machine gun enemies while recovering but even then I can only do that when I'm not fighting anything that can shoot back or has a tractor beam. Jaunt() also has a lot of recovery frames making it pretty much useless in real-time anyway.

You could always tack on Mask() to the end of your planning phase, but then all you're doing is waiting for recovery, which isn't fun.

I don't really mind the real time phase. I also didn't find it easy because enemies can still find you easily and it builds tension while you wait for the planning phase to come back. Especially when you have to plan around building an attack to hit and then using the rest of your planning time to escape behind a wall. But the flexibility of the skills allows you to fight in multiple ways. You don't always have to run away if you charm the bigger enemy to fight the little ones. And you can also set up decoys to distract your enemies while you wait for planing time.

The game is a lot more flexible than just strictly plan -> hit -> run -> repeat step 1. Even though that isn't a bad plan.

That's true, but killing everything is so much more effective in planning mode, you don't have to worry about moving enemies, you can line up shots, there's little chance you'll misclick (and you can undo anyway), you're practically invulnerable, etc. Real-time is too weak and inefficient. I could kill the final boss in a single Turn() on Hard, that's how ridiculously lopsided it is.

Should I feel bad that my Wonderful 101 order came 20 days late but I got a refund already?

On that note, I got the Wonderful 101! Time to play this shit.

Should I feel bad that my Wonderful 101 order came 20 days late but I got a refund already?

On that note, I got the Wonderful 101! Time to play this shit.

You should never feel bad about anything wonderful 101 related
unless you say it sucks.

But YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT GAME IS SO GOOD.

What I mean is that I complained the game wasn't here yet, no one knows where it is, and the seller was like yeah it's probably lost in the mail and they refunded me. But now the game came out of nowhere.

Village

The only compensation I need is that you have a fully functioning product. Don't worry about it..

How about this if we can get an arrangement going , consider the controller a commission cost and at.some point (most likely after college stuff) I whip ya up somethin

What I mean is that I complained the game wasn't here yet, no one knows where it is, and the seller was like yeah it's probably lost in the mail and they refunded me. But now the game came out of nowhere.

Still their fault, enjoy your free hype! BE HAPPY WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU MOTHERFUCKER! DON'T FEEL GUILTY!

Also why is Alien: Isolation in the Halloween sale while not actually being on sale?

demidar

Keep the money, they fucked up not you.

If you're conscious is really gnawing at you, you could buy another copy and give it out to someone in this thread.

croten

The same sort of thing happened to me with Monster hunter and they gave me two copies instead of one and I just sold the other.

Well just popped the game in, gonna play in a bit.

I know it's not exactly the seller's fault that my order was held back at customs for this long, but I'm not sure what I can do.

I told amazon to fuck off after they sent my Bayo 2, 4 days late. I'm surprised you actually feel bad when your game took 5 times as long as mine to get there.

croten

I know it's not exactly the seller's fault that my order was held back at customs for this long, but I'm not sure what I can do.

If you feel really guilty about it you could buy me a copy and pretend like you were paying for yours

I told amazon to fuck off after they sent my Bayo 2, 4 days late. I'm surprised you actually feel bad when your game took 5 times as long as mine to get there.

It wasn't the seller's fault. They shipped it out on time. It just got stuck in customs for some reason. But I already got refunded the game. I used that money to buy 2 large pizza pies at Dominos. TWO PIZZAS.

croten

It wasn't the seller's fault. They shipped it out on time. It just got stuck in customs for some reason. But I already got refunded the game. I used that money to buy 2 large pizza pies at Dominos. TWO PIZZAS.

Just take it as a win. I doubt the seller is going to be losing sleep over this.

Just enjoy the game. Seller ain't care, neither should you.

Also:
yONkAv9.png

WHY? HOW? There is no reason for this to be recommended to me.
I think I just might go and buy it, it's only 4 bucks. Let's see if Steam knows me better than I do myself

Also:
yONkAv9.png

I think I just might go and buy it, it's only 4 bucks. Let's see if Steam knows me better than I do myself

Its apparently a really rad action game! I should buy it.

Also:
yONkAv9.png

I saw that and a few others like it and I was like "oh man I kinda want this but do I want it enough to buy it later?"

I suppouse we now have to set up some arrangement

Ill get the blood sacrifice
I will accept anything.
Blood may be a bit overboard.

Also, who would be interested in a free Steam copy of Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? I'm planning on giving a few copies away for Thanksgiving.

So watching the DS2 play today, listen to Woolie admitting how terrible he is but learning at the same time!

Fuck people calling him DSP.

I gotta feeling people are going to call him worse than DSP since there is no legit proof he beat fume knight in 2 hours. People gonna call BS and say it took longer.

I will accept anything.
Blood may be a bit overboard.

Also, who would be interested in a free Steam copy of Binding of Isaac: Rebirth? I'm planning on giving a few copies away for Thanksgiving.

Sure I have the base game.

edit: damnit the base game doesn't have linux support, but rebirth does? Come on I wanna play the orginal BOI on the definitive platform.

I gotta feeling people are going to call him worse than DSP since there is no legit proof he beat fume knight in 2 hours. People gonna call BS and say it took longer.
My first victory took me over thirty minutes of extreme frustration. I think Fume Knight is one of the few Souls series bosses that is difficult, yet fair.

I see I have interest. Since the game is free on PSN Plus, I stick to my fellow frienders, rather than get modbot involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom