• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made a terrible mistake moving. The only good transition from NY is to go dry heat, somewhere in a Texas-like region, and even then you're running into the bullshit of literal flatland.

Don't go to North Texas tho. It's really humid and have bullshit weather with with flat lands. West is no good since there is nothing there. Go down south, so when you need a place to hide out, escape to Mexico.

Watching today's Shitstorm. It's a solo Matt film? And it's solo Matt while drunk? Oh this is gonna be great.
We need more solo Pat
(maybe even solo drunk Pat and maybe with no audio)

We need more drunk everyone.

Can confirm this super hard. This goddamn state has the audacity to have more than one fucking town with Winter in the name, but not know what winter is! I miss New York and its nice weather.

Exactly! I've lived here my entire life, but I've gone up quite a bit to visit my family in Jersey during the Winter and the Summer. God the weather there is great. It's not like walking into a curtain of water.

But in terms of time zones it's east coast time.. right?

Yeah, cept for a tiny bit near Alabama, I think.

Don't go to North Texas tho. It's really humid and have bullshit weather with with flat lands. West is no good since there is nothing there. Go down south, so when you need a place to hide out, escape to Mexico.

Southeast, Galveston area. Galveston is awesome. Humidity surprisingly manageable for an area on the sea. An Austin is fine too, but humid shit can abound there.

Okingjrr

Like imagine a shy girl with short hair! It's inconceivable! On the flip side imagine an athletic girl with her long hair down! It needs to be in a ponytail! *rambles on*
I know a shy girl with short hair, I like that. But athletic girls with ponytails is pretty much the norm.

Zenfalcia

She was the shyest thing I've ever seen. She was like a baby deer.

Shhh..
You're ruining my arguement
. In all seriousness she was but that was due
to the story. Her normal personality wasnt shy. So, did you like her as an adorable shy girl?

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Exactly! I've lived here my entire life, but I've gone up quite a bit to visit my family in Jersey during the Winter and the Summer. God the weather there is great. It's not like walking into a curtain of water.

I'm pretty sure I swam to my car every day from June until two weeks ago. The air is just trying so hard to become water.

When I showed my friends manga Jojo, they all laughed and gave up at the first panel. Wasn't that panel the best in part 1?
I'm trying to get my friends to have good taste, but they keep on liking post timeskip Naruto.
A lot of nontense parts of Jojo were pretty bad, but when Dio kicked danny. it was pretty epic.

The Aztec sacrifice? I guess :p
The whole story of JoJo and Dio growing up is actually pretty cool. I prefer it to the Hokuto No Ken knockoff battles.

Hey! actual back story for a character, that's good. that one scene reminded me of how awesome it was in Majora's Mask when the 4 giants catch the moon. I'm not implying anything by that, I know the show came out way before I'm just saying both those scenes were good. There wasn't really any weight to the scene with the angel, we are told there is almost no chance of the plan working but then they catch the angel and kill it in a couple moments

I am as central as central Florida gets and all I can say is fuck this I still wanna be able to go to Universal without crossing a state line.

Here's a map of the proposal if it matters.

635495829235720026-01a-counties.png

Interesting to think about, at least. Personally I'd prefer it for political reasons, I would be totally fine if we didn't have to deal with the sea of red north of us in the blue south Florida.

The ponytail is actually convenient. You wouldn't catch them running with it not put up.

Dude with longish hair here, I had to put my hair up when marching in band even. Doing anything remotely athletic with long hair is horrible.

I'm pretty sure I swam to my car every day from June until two weeks ago. The air is just trying so hard to become water.

It's not going to be rising sea levels that put us underwater, we'll just wake up one day and all the air will have changed into water.

Which wont happen soon. I dont think?
I can't wait for gender bend kyonko.. yeah.. ponytails are too strong.

There was the short episodes.. haruhi-chan i think it was called.

Wasn't that really just a fan thing? I mean, Kyonko is fucking kawaii as shit and I love gender bender in many forms, but I could have sworn that was a fan thing only.

Been years since I last followed Haruhi, though.

That's why I plan my semi annual haircut sometime near the beginning of summer. The heat is unbearable.

My mom is a licensed hair dresser so I get it trimmed a little less than once a month. Keeps it around shoulder length, I enjoy having long hair but I really don't think I could stand it longer.

The same girl I mentioned in my previous post :p.
It not always an anime character.

I don't know any girls with shorter hair than her, and she's the shyest person i know.

Weird that you don't know anyone with shorter hair, pixie cuts seem to really be in style now. So many girls I know are going with the style in some form or another.

They know their target audience.

EDIT - Aw shit, that was a bad pun.

Zenfalcia

That's why I plan my semi annual haircut sometime near the beginning of summer. The heat is unbearable.

Long hair is great for cold weather.. it's kinda the reason why i grow it out for the colder months

Wasn't that really just a fan thing? I mean, Kyonko is fucking kawaii as shit and I love gender bender in many forms, but I could have sworn that was a fan thing only.

Been years since I last followed Haruhi, though.

Shhh.. dont ruin my dreams.
T is a fan thing. There were fan animations, which is the closest thing. Idk why but kyonko was just.. so adorable.. introduced me to gender bending..

Okingjrr

My mom is a licensed hair dresser so I get it trimmed a little less than once a month. Keeps it around shoulder length, I enjoy having long hair but I really don't think I could stand it longer.
Oh, that's cool.
I just cut my own hair with hair clippers and do a decent job at not putting holes in my head.

Zenfalcia

The same girl I mentioned in my previous post :p.
It not always an anime character.

I don't know any girls with shorter hair than her, and she's the shyest person i know.

Oh.. not anime girl.. well.. i'm talking about anime girls :p. Irl, everyone does what ever they want. Like some girls shaving their heds etc.. or dying their hair etc.

I hope the girl has bangs at least.

Zenfalcia

It's a spin off set in
the world Nagato created in the Disappearance.

Oh really? So it's another movie? Either way that'll be interesting. They could do a lot.
Would it be before or after the events in disappearance. I assume after?

I should sleep.. but i probably wont.

Alfebit

Banned
Oh really? So it's another movie? Either way that'll be interesting. They could do a lot.
Would it be before or after the events in disappearance. I assume after?

I should sleep.. but i probably wont.

No I believe it's supposed to be a series revolving around Nagato and Kyon in that world. I think it's a sort of what if Kyon stayed kinda thing.

God damn, another DP. That's like 3 today, jeez.

Zenfalcia

If me whining about it earlier convinced anybody, you should definitely but it, nerds. It doesn't play anything like Bastion.

Yeah. Well, it sucks you expected it to be like bastion.. song and graphics is good. You should've done some research, watch some videos and check the game out.. it's still a good game with great music

Okingjrr

Weird that you don't know anyone with shorter hair, pixie cuts seem to really be in style now. So many girls I know are going with the style in some form or another.

They know their target audience.

EDIT - Aw shit, that was a bad pun.
I met this one girl with a pixie cut, but she's super outgoing and kinda destroys my argument. :p
I should mention that I'm in France.

Oh.. not anime girl.. well.. i'm talking about anime girls :p. Irl, everyone does what ever they want. Like some girls shaving their heds etc.. or dying their hair etc.

I hope the girl has bangs at least.
No problem.
No, she does not, she's cute, just the way she is.
You might be able to tell that I like this girl a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom