• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Remember when Buu Saga Goku could have ended the threat 1/3 into the season and save a lot of trouble and pain for everyone. But he decided against it since he wanted to give the next generation a chance and he wasn't going to be there forever. Then the problem got so big that he couldn't do anything about it?

(Just to note this ended horribly and he ended up having to come back and save the world anyway)

tumblr_nfdiwer2SJ1s7mucfo1_1280.png

Gamer Y

Remember when Buu Saga Goku could have ended the threat 1/3 into the season and save a lot of trouble and pain for everyone. But he decided against it since he wanted to give the next generation a chance and he wasn't going to be there forever. Then the problem got so big that he couldn't do anything about it?

(Just to note this ended horribly and he ended up having to come back and save the world anyway)
Yeah, though I was checked out for most of that, makes one think what was Toriyama thinking if he was just going to have Goku having to fix everything anyway?

360pages

Yeah, though I was checked out for most of that, makes one think what was Toriyama thinking if he was just going to have Goku having to fix everything anyway?

Gohan was actually supposed to beat Buu, that's why they had that half a season long training arc with him in the Buu Saga. But the readers really didn't like Gohan as much as Goku and he decided it was for the best that Goku be the hero since people didn't care much for the fact that Gohan bested Cell.

Gohan was actually supposed to beat Buu, that's why they had that half a season long training arc with him in the Buu Saga. But the readers really didn't like Gohan as much as Goku and he decided it was for the best that Goku be the hero since people didn't care much for the fact that Gohan bested Cell.

Then Toriyama should have nutted up, and showed some integrity.

Gamer Y

If they didn't like it the first time, why did he think it would work this go round? This is where the manga ended correct? At the end of the Buu saga?

Never, EVER change your story to please your fans.

Tell it the way you intended.

360pages

Then Toriyama should have nutted up, and showed some integrity.

I think so too, but on the other hand I can see why he did it since unlike a lot of Manga artist at the time he actually had editors. (The editors also were the ones that recommended 17/18 over 19 and Dr. Gero)

So the editors also probably thought it was a good idea for Goku to save the day again, even if it made 2/3 of the Buu Saga completely pointless.

360pages

If they didn't like it the first time, why did he think it would work this go round? This is where the manga ended correct? At the end of the Buu saga?

Yeah, Buu Saga ends the series proper. GT is a bad dream and Battle of the Gods continues it from there.

Xiraiya

Canon Dragonball ended with Goku leaving to train uub, yes.

GT was anime only and not written by Toriyama.

Battle of the Gods I believe was also something he was involved with, it was actually pretty good to watch.

Gamer Y

Canon Dragonball ended with Goku leaving to train uub, yes.

GT was anime only and not written by Toriyama.

Battle of the Gods I believe was also something he was involved with, it was actually pretty good to watch.
I heard Battle of the Gods was good, I need to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom