• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

So I'm looking at the nominations for the VGAs and I can't stop laughing at some of them.

Game of the Year
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Hearthstone
Shadow of Mordor
Bayonetta 2
Dark Souls II

Developer of the year
Blizzard
Monolith
Nintendo
Telltale Games
Ubisoft Montreal

Best Remaster? How's this a category?

Anyway, the hype train should be arriving soon.
We might want to get in the steam chat, cause GAF's going down.
Hearthstone is entertaining but personally I don't consider it GOTY material.

Going back to it once the Gnomes vs Goblins xpac comes out, though.

Okingjrr

Real talk, THE LAST OF US SPOILERS:
Her death scene had me legit about to cry. Troy's performance there was outstanding.

Because I only played the game this past summer, I had time to get spoiled on a lot of the game, namely
the beginning. For me the emotional impact was somewhat less intense than it should've been. Though giving you control of the daughter was a little off putting when you know how it's gonna end for her.

Game of the Year
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Hearthstone

103875-chris-tucker-facepalm-gif-Frid-GSTI.gif
One of those JUST came out and the other is barely a game

Goddamn it, Nintendo is hyping up the event too. I'm gonna be mad salty I missed the live hype if it turns out to me Metroid Prime 4 or something by Retro.
If it's Metroid, I will flip my shit. But otherwise, I don't care.

Luckily, I can't watch live, so I won't have to be disappointed.

That's not fair. Hearthstone is a fine game.

Just because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a AAA title doesn't mean it's not good.

I never said it was bad, but it's just as much of a game as the Yu Gi Oh games, maybe even less. Wow I sound like such a dick right now

CheeseCurds

Neo Member
Playing a bit of DKC:TF before the show starts, and it sucks this game didn't get a nom for Best Soundtrack. Destiny's wasn't that great imo.

Don't talk smack about Yu Gi Oh! It has wonderful depth based on the cards and should not EVER be put in comparison to something like Hearthstone. Yu Gi Oh is way out of Hearthstone's league.

Yugimanz used to be good like that, but ever since Synchros became a thing the game has become total garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom