• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, this reminds me of arguing with Liam, like I did in the two previous let's watches. I say
X = Garbage. He goes, no, it's not. I go yeah, it is. He goes, that's just your opinion. I say, yeah, it's just your opinion the other way around, and as it's my opinion, I'm going to keep saying it, and every time you say that X ISNT garbage, I'll say that it's garbage twice as hard. I'm petty like that, I suppose.

In an argument, I'm pretty willing to let someone state their opinion, but if they are wrong, I'm calling their shit out. If something is objectively garbage, something is objectively garbage.

That doesn't mean you can't still like it. I like a ton of garbage, but I actually recognize that it's shit.

Xiraiya

You liking it wasnt the issue though.

You can like a bad boss fight. It's still a bad boss fight though, despite you enjoying it.

Exactly, you can like bad things, people never want to admit what they like may not be the best thing ever, so almost no one will ever fully agree with that perspective

I like Naruto, we all know how garbage that got, I'm okay with that, I know why it's bad, but there are things amongst that crap I really enjoyed about that series.

Zenfalcia

On the bright side, this is a far more entertaining discussion than what I usually see in here arguing about waifu's and which yuri series is the best.

Hey! we don't do that! The waifu discussions are for fun. We never had a yuri discussion, at least one I ever participated in. But we can start
Girlfriends is the best yuri manga.

On the bright side, this is a far more entertaining discussion than what I usually see in here arguing about waifu's and which yuri series is the best.

Sometimes we jokingly through poop at each other, sometimes we have serious discussion and sometimes get all serious and full of feels.

Moar. No more shouting

3J8UX5V.gif

sjay1994

Its pretty surprising that SWERY of all people has made the best survival horror game story wise since Silent Hill 2. Deadly Premonition's ending with Zach gets me emotional and hyped every single time, the pay off for sticking with the game and seeing the emotional baggage he's been carrying for decades is magnificent.

Meanwhile The Evil Within is on some whackness. Completely flat. The characters are as endearing as greased up fast food napkins, disposable in every sense.

Ok.... I realize I need to get this out of my system

This games story is fucking garbage. Its like a person looked at a physiological horror, understood nothing about what it is, and just decided throwing in symbols and things around make it more complex. This games narrative has no fucking flow. Its locations make no sense in terms of the plot, except the mansion and the asylum. Why did you go to a village? Why did you go to a castle? There is no explanation or reasoning for it.Not to mention because the whole thing is going on inside a amalgom of minds, you'd expect there to be some kind of reasoning for the enemies.

None of it is explained at all while you are playing the game. Only in the model viewer you unlock after beating it. For example. boxhead is a symbol of Ruviks rage. Did anything in game even comply this notion? No. What is the purpose of the nurse? Not explained. The weird symbols you see on the wall? Nothing.

This game just throws symbols in your face, expecting you to think its deep, but it has no structure.

You know the real reason why you go to a castle, village, etc?

Because Bethesda just told Shinji to make RE4.

NO FIGHTING!

Yeah that second boss fight was some obtuse shit.

Pat I don't blame you for being frustrated. I want to like TEW very very much, but the 360 version has the same problems!

Fuck letter boxing! Fuck the bad boss design! Bethesda really fucked up with the game, because I refuse to think this is all Shinji Mikami's fault.

croten

Not me! *Jazz hands*

I haven't watched the LP, because I can not bring myself to get anywhere remotely interested in the game.

Give it a shot. That was exactly what I thought of it at first, I had heard what an awful game it was but man is it perfect LP bait.

Hey! we don't do that! The waifu discussions are for fun. We never had a yuri discussion, at least one I ever participated in. But we can start
Girlfriends is the best yuri manga.
No waifu discussions are bad. All sorts of circular arguments. Yuri is just smut, so I guess it s ok?
I'll put it in my manga queue...
More like is loli better or brother/sister love ok?
I'm sure it would be more acceptable for sibling love rather than lolis due to the implication of pedophilia.
Aaron's stand no longer the strongest
I'm kinda scared who would win the stand battle...

croten

forget yuri, let's talk about twincest again.

tumblr_ng0e55z70r1qg78wpo1_500.gif

Fuck that let's just talk about Bayo

Deadly Premonition has better writing, humor, voice acting, storytelling, and characters than The Evil Within. The 2003 jank gameplay is indeed janky, but to deny that Deadly Premonition doesn't have a bizarre and beautiful souls is just wrong.

Jim Sterling agrees:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-deadly-premonition-165168.phtml

Not a good idea to bring Jim into this. He hates Vanquish

Deadly Premonition has better writing, humor, voice acting, storytelling, and characters than The Evil Within. The 2003 jank gameplay is indeed janky, but to deny that Deadly Premonition doesn't have a bizarre and beautiful souls is just wrong.

Jim Sterling agrees:

It's just not my thing. What do you want me to say?

No different than rhythm games. They have an audience they cater to but I'm not that audience.

Did we ever come to a consensus on which non-h, non-ecchi yuri series was the best?

Dunno. I scroll past those conversations.

I read some dumb things sometimes but that's as far as it goes. I can't see discussing them.

I actually have yet to play it even though I own it.

Yeah, I want to play it

If the PC port wasn't the worst thing in existence. DPFix don't help, fate has conspired for me to not play it until I upgrade(even then who knows).

And I was surprised to see you guys actually discussing something, but that ended with creepy stuff now, so I guess all is right in the world.

Xiraiya

Deadly Premonition has better writing, humor, voice acting, storytelling, and characters than The Evil Within. The 2003 jank gameplay is indeed janky, but to deny that Deadly Premonition doesn't have a bizarre and beautiful soul is just wrong.

Jim Sterling agrees:
Deadly Premonition DOES have a Soul, so does D4 actually, the beginning of a new and wonderful spirit that has the warm feeling of home.

MormaPope

Banned
Fuck that let's just talk about Bayo

Not a good idea to bring Jim into this. He hates Vanquish

I don't hate Vanquish, but I also don't love it. I was number one in the world for some chapters/missions because I rented it day one, and then beat it. Lost the number one spots hours later probably lol

I hate to make the comparison but TEW compared to RE4 reminds me of the comparisons of DS1 to DS2.

Ds2 and EW being the very inferior counterparts to the superior DS1/RE4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom