• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
K3GWYV.gif

Never seen the video. Anyone got a link?

Zenfalcia

Hahaha oh god, I'm having flashbacks to that TF2 TBF Video.

how do you feel tho?

Never seen the video. Anyone got a link?

It is, but if someone is buying a game that's months old. Chances are that they care enough about that game to do research or already know about it being patched up and fixed. It would be a very niche appeal, but I could actually see a website doing something like that.

I'm talking more theoretical and what if it did happen and how it could work. Yeah, they probably would do some research about it and maybe even use steam reviews.

Shackzam

Just so I can cement this in,
and to bother GuardianE a little bit
but here is the next best stage music lyrics in SF5. "This is our drive, Street Fighter Five"

Really? I never knew. Do they update their review on metacritic? or does it only take the day one review?

Yeah. What about DLC? Are there reviews for that? I'm trying to talk about any future content added or fixes being possibly reviewed. I'm also well aware they gain nothing for updating reviews or doing reviews of new versions of the game.
The review doesn't update, so the original score stays. It only takes the first review.

DLC seems to be the cherry on top. If the sundae is actually just garbage what's the point of adding the cherry to it? It would be a waste.

What they did to Obsidian should have been illegal. Bethesda are absolute scum.

Part of me wants them to work on fallout 4 but then I realized that they would have to deal with all the BS bethseda put them through again.

Also I just remembered that they CANCELLED PREY 2, I'M STILL MAD ABOUT THIS!

Zenfalcia

The review doesn't update, so the original score stays. It only takes the first review.

DLC seems to be the cherry on top. If the sundae is actually just garbage what's the point of adding the cherry to it? It would be a waste.
Ah, ok then. That makes sense.

Unless DLC came with things to make the game even better? Let's say.. brother hood of steel DLC for Fallout 3.. it really made the post game exist and make it better? This is just an example. Fallout 3 was a good game without it but better with it.

In the case that it doesn't it's a bad financial idea to do it for the reviewer, but i can see an audience for it.

I dunno man. The older I get, the less excited I get for video game promises.
I'm like that, only in my case, as I started to learn about how the industry worked, hype no longer worked one named Banana Aeon. It was pretty weird at first, watching E3 trailers, and feeling nothing, but after a while, I got used to it.

I don't believe anything, until the game is in my hands.

I dunno man. The older I get, the less excited I get for video game promises.

Getting personally excited isn't a great idea. Putting your hopes into a company that's making a game for profit is silly.

There's fun to be had in the "hype" up to a new release, but letting yourself be super interested in it should be seperate from feeling emotionally attached.

Getting personally excited isn't a great idea. Putting your hopes into a company that's making a game for profit is silly.

There's fun to be had in the "hype" up to a new release, but letting yourself be super interested in it should be seperate from feeling emotionally attached.

After Skyward Sword broke my heart, I learned not to get so invested in hype.

Zelda U is GOTY 2015

Believe it

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

That being said, there's no way I am not gonna get hyped for Fallout 4.
Unless they do some seriously trolling.

Unless DLC came with things to make the game even better? Let's say.. brother hood of steel DLC for Fallout 3.. it really made the post game exist and make it better? This is just an example. Fallout 3 was a good game without it but better with it.

In the case that it doesn't it's a bad financial idea to do it for the reviewer, but i can see an audience for it.
Yeah thats why I say its a cherry on top. If you like the game enough, you should get the DLC. The "cherry" would just complement the rest of the average to good "sumdae".

You wouldn't need a review for the DLC if you don't wanna buy the game.

I never understood Fallout. That whole pause the game and shoot shit made it look like the most boring game ever.
The V.A.T.S system works a lot better in the isometric games, it's not even funny.

God, Fallout 3 was such a brick to the chest. Probably the most disappointed I have ever been in a game.

I get hyped for every game I even have a slight interest in, its a curse.

I can't get over how amazing that was. Like SE must have been watching it just dying from everyone's reactions to it. I bet Hashimoto could barely even keep a straight face. Just such a good trolling.

I'm actually glad I slept through it because if I had seen that live I would have been mad salty.

Play new vegas. You actually don't have to use vats in that game because obsidian is not run by monkeys

I do own it but I doubt I'd find the time to ever get to it. Too much else I want to play.

Have you played fallout 3? It blends RPG and fps action into a fun game.

I've never touched a Fallout game.

Fallout 3 was so mediocre and boring. Its not even bad, just so bland. I really don't wanna play a game that empty like ever again, but I hear such good things about NV.

I'm actually glad I slept through it because if I had seen that live I would have been mad salty.

The fans reactions before and after were the best thing about it. And GAF just exploded from hype than sadness.

The V.A.T.S system works a lot better in the isometric games, it's not even funny.

God, Fallout 3 was such a brick to the chest. Probably the most disappointed I have ever been in a game.
I have to agree. Why would I want to use it when I can just manually just shoot the thing?

Did they change anything about it from 3 to NV?It felt weird doing so in NV that I stop playing it for a while. I'll get back on it some day.

I do own it but I doubt I'd find the time to ever get to it. Too much else I want to play.

Drop everything and play new vegas. What ever you are playing is probably not as good as new vegas.

That's not how you spell Brad bone.

Witcher 3 will run at a good frame rate.

I have to agree. Why would I want to use it when I can just manually just shoot the thing?

Did they change anything about it from 3 to NV?It felt weird doing so in NV that I stop playing it for a while. I'll get back on it some day.

Aiming is better in new vegas, that's about it.

Zenfalcia

Yeah thats why I say its a cherry on top. If you like the game enough, you should get the DLC. The "cherry" would just complement the rest of the average to good "sumdae".

You wouldn't need a review for the DLC if you don't wanna buy the game.

I'm thinking of reviewers trying to target the people who have the game and thinking of getting the DLC.

I never understood Fallout. That whole pause the game and shoot shit made it look like the most boring game ever.

New Vegas' writing and choices are fantastic. Pause and play gameplay isn't for everyone, but I'd say there's a lot to like outside of that.

I love "pause" gameplay though. Vanquish was the time-slowdown shooter I'd wanted since I was like 8 years old.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I've never touched a Fallout game.
Well I only played Fallout 3 and NV. Cant play them ever again because I own the PS3 copies :(

For one, you don't have to use V.A.T.S in NV. So that's a plus.

It's also written better, and has better structure. Also it's a million times more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom