• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Eh, if I were to fill my room with hobby related stuff (which I probably won't, I like the walls to be clean), I'd buy one of those awesome posters or paintings you occasionally see people posting. Most boxarts are garbage anyway, so no need to clutter the senses with them.

And regarding Smash, I'm looking forward to fighting you.
Also I need to fight ShakuganSan one of these days.

Yeah you're probably right, but steelbooks almost always look nice. Maybe I'll be crazy enough to build my own arcade machine.

I'd love to know how good everyone else is.

My Sociology class is dumb and my exam is in about two and a half hours. This is the exam I look forward to the absolute least. At least I can make a 66 on it and still make a B in the class.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, people are going nuts for Amiibos. I really do think they have the potential to become scarcer down the line, particularly third party Amiibos with inevitable licensing issues.

Man, people are going nuts for Amiibos. I really do think they have the potential to become scarcer down the line, particularly third party Amiibos with inevitable licensing issues.

So I should grab the Pacman and Mega Man one is what you're saying...

OH reposting as an FYI:

BESTGAF SECRET SANTA GIFT EXCHANGE:

QUOTE TO PARTICIPATE!

Use a throwaway/private email if you wish to remain anonymous.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I only see Sanic and MegaMan, both of which is third party.

So I guess the rest is Nintendo's?

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/

Every character in Smash will receive an Amiibo. They're being released in waves. The third parties are Pac Man, Sonic, and Mega Man.

Aside from licensing issues, Nintendo will obviously just phase out certain Amiibos of less relevant/popular characters. Even mainstays like Mario and Link will likely get a new Amiibo once their games release, so they may phase out their Smash versions. It's all very up in the air, but since Amiibos are getting more popular, you can bet that Nintendo will be prepared to take advantage and increase their functionality in games.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an Amiibo only game released for the WiiU and 3DS sometime in the next year or two.

The Mega Man Amiibo is the only thing that tells people that he existed.

Pretty much!

School lunches are the fucking worst.

Join the Gift Exchange NERD!

Every character in Smash will receive an Amiibo. They're being released in waves. The third parties are Pac Man, Sonic, and Mega Man.

Aside from licensing issues, Nintendo will obviously just phase out certain Amiibos of less relevant/popular characters. Even mainstays like Mario and Link will likely get a new Amiibo once their games release, so they may phase out their Smash versions. It's all very up in the air, but since Amiibos are getting more popular, you can bet that Nintendo will be prepared to take advantage and increase their functionality in games.

40 dollars vs the potential for them to be worth much more in the future?

Shit, I'm in. I'll skip lunch for a week and that'll cover it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
40 dollars vs the potential for them to be worth much more in the future?

Shit, I'm in. I'll skip lunch for a week and that'll cover it.

If you have Gamers Club Unlocked from BestBuy, it takes 20% off of them, too. There's also the exclusives that were announced. Lucario, Meta Knight, and Rosalina are going to be retailer exclusives. I suspect that people are going to go nuts for Rosalina.

If you have Gamers Club Unlocked from BestBuy, it takes 20% off of them, too. There's also the exclusives that were announced. Lucario, Meta Knight, and Rosalina are going to be retailer exclusives. I suspect that people are going to go nuts for Rosalina.

Dammit Guardian, you're getting me pulled into the figure game =/

ultimax

Time for a dumb "joke":

image.php
image.php

Now i should sleep and maybe wake up early to try to study.
Good night.
Late but,
10/10 Parfekt

Amiibos are the cheapest gateway there is. Pretty soon you'll be buying high quality 1/6 scale figures. Muuahaaahaa.

I dot know how people can afford to get into ridiculous hobby collecting and not go broke.

It seems like the easiest way to lose your shirt. Even video games can be that way if it's not under control.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I dot know how people can afford to get into ridiculous hobby collecting and not go broke.

It seems like the easiest way to lose your shirt. Even video games can be that way if it's not under control.

You just can't buy everything that looks good. That's how you get broke. Exercise discretion and budget accordingly.

They've even started raising some prices. Figures are also higher quality nowadays, so it sort of makes sense... but that Bayonetta figure I posted a while back? Back then, I'd have told you I'd buy it at any price. Then they announced a price tag of $270+. No thanks.

People called me crazy for not selling my old consoles and stuff and tryin to keep them maintained, then I saw how inflated the retro games market is an how much money there can be made for secondhand stuff.

Figures seem the same way and I'm not knowledgable enough about figures to maintain a figure collection.

A lot of these markets being me back to when we studied the tulip trading market in college. It's funny to see the boom and bust cycles with video games and figurines now. Baseball cards were at one point that way.

You just can't buy everything that looks good. That's how you get broke. Exercise discretion and budget accordingly.

They've even started raising some prices. Figures are also higher quality nowadays, so it sort of makes sense... but that Bayonetta figure I posted a while back? Back then, I'd have told you I'd buy it at any price. Then they announced a price tag of $270+. No thanks.

The bolded should be said about anything and everything.

croten

I'm going to ignore some the discussion last night and just get to good stuff. ZOE 2 kicks so much ass, Jehuty is my second favorite mecha

Xiraiya

Japan is losing it, but there are a lot of good points in there, things I've talked about over time with how all of that pairing stuff was set up, which was usually argued against by certain fans, but it was pretty clear there's an issue with how the series reached that point.

God I hate that remix, I love the original to death but that remix hurts my ears
Should I start with the negativity jokes?

croten

Japan is losing it, but there are a lot of good points in there, things I've talked about over time with how all of that pairing stuff was set up, which was usually argued against by certain fans, but it was pretty clear there's an issue with how the series reached that point.

Should I start with the negativity jokes?

I love the first minute or so but as soon as it jumps jumps to dubstep my ears bleed.

Listen to the original

There was a bunch if talk about Inou-Battle last night, I stopped watching the show after the 2nd or 3rd episode wherein TsunTsun
Za Warudo gets jealous of the girl who can steal people's powers thinks her and dark and dark are dating.
does the show pick up and is it worth watching? It's not that I didn't like it, I just had better things to watch/play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom