• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Revven

I think Yoshi is going to be a hard as hell match-up for Charizard, just played an averageish Yoshi and I feel like I had no answer for... anything out of my shield. If Yoshi Dairs my shield, he can use the hitlag on it to get out of my range for Up B out of shield and he can also avoid jab out of shield as well. Dsmash is too slow to hit behind Zard to punish or even punish rolls in general and he has no answers to Yoshi's eggs (as far as I tried in the two matches I had against Yoshi anyway).

Struggling to think what adv. Zard has over Yoshi because all of his aerials either are too slow to challenge Yoshi in the air or not as much reach when approaching Yoshi. Bair is really hard to land on him, for example.

I don't know, just how I feel about it -- maybe I just need to get better with Zard still. :/

Azure J

Scrubs complained about sword characters and now we all must live with the repercussions. I felt like I was high seeing the tipper streak land on characters when playing Marth a few days ago only to see nothing happen. Testing it in training mode revealed that the sword trail actually extends a bit past the max hit box range on his sword. As someone who lives and dies on following the trail animations, I thought this was the most fucked up shit anyone's done to any character in a fighting game. :lol

Unbounded

Uh, sorry about that Khop. I was kinda half-focused on fighting and half-focused on browning this ground beef while also trying to figure out a good secondary character after DK. Sorry for my lackluster performance. :p GG's nonetheless! You have a solid as heck Link.

Rhapsody

Banned
Scrubs complained about sword characters and now we all must live with the repercussions. I felt like I was high seeing the tipper streak land on characters when playing Marth a few days ago only to see nothing happen. Testing it in training mode revealed that the sword trail actually extends a bit past the max hit box range on his sword. As someone who lives and dies on following the trail animations, I thought this was the most fucked up shit anyone's done to any character in a fighting game. :lol

I keep overestimating my f smashes range when I'm Marth because of it lol

Rhapsody

Banned
As much as Brawl Metaknight is a horrible abomination that no person should have visited upon themselves, it's pretty much flunking game design 101 to have animations that are that jarringly dissonant.

I'm too used to it from the more traditional fighting games to not have hitboxes matching their animations, so I don't mind.

Another reason to pick up Lucina then.

More like,

This is just...good.

No. Hitboxes blatantly not following animation is never good. Just look at Melee Roy.

Azure J

I'm too used to it from the more traditional fighting games to not have hitboxes matching their animations, so I don't mind.

I'm actually struggling to think of characters I've played in different fighters that don't have a 1:1 (or near 1:1) animation to hitbox ratio in the games I've played. Adapting is good but it still blows. :lol

N E V E R

J@hranimo

Banned

No. Hitboxes blatantly not following animation is never good. Just look at Melee Roy.

I know, but this is essentially how Sakurai and Co. would be able to nerf him without shortening his sword like Marth over the games. It is a tad sloppy, but hey what they do for balance.

I'm actually struggling to think of characters I've played in different fighters that don't have a 1:1 (or near 1:1) animation to hitbox ratio in the games I've played. Adapting is good but it still blows. :lol

N E V E R

Not having to deal with pesky silly hitboxes and ineffective range, higher non tipper knockback, non tipper meteor hitbox. Lucina's pretty much better than Marth at everything that's not pure spacing and low % kills.

I know, but this is essentially how Sakurai and Co. would be able to nerf him without shortening his sword like Marth over the games. It is a tad sloppy, but hey what they do for balance.

Then shorten the sword slightly, make it slower (which they did) and get rid of it's stupidly good priority (which I think they did). But just taking out hitboxes while not alterning the animation or models is a very sloppy thing to do.

Azure J

The hitbox on Pit's neutral air isn't as big as what the animation is showing also. lol

Learned this one the hard way when I got Warlock Punched through it despite my attempts to out prioritize the actual punch with the logistics of range+spinning death staff.

Not having to deal with pesky silly hitboxes and ineffective range, higher non tipper knockback, non tipper meteor hitbox. Lucina's pretty much better than Marth at everything that's not pure spacing and low % kills.

I didn't say you were wrong, I just reject everything Lucina is and stands for. :p

Learned this one the hard way when I got Warlock Punched through it despite my attempts to out prioritize the actual punch with the logistics of range+spinning death staff.

I didn't say you were wrong, I just reject everything Lucina is and stands for. :p

You can't deny waifus forever, no matter how hard you try.

Top Bottom