• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

DooD1234

Alright, GG Neki. Pretty solid Link. Being a Link player too, I now know how it feels to have 3 different junk being thrown at you. Real annoying to get in close. Hey just to ask, do you know about Link bomb cancel throw? It can cancel any landing lag Link have with that trick including his dair and air dodge.

Oh and thanks for playing, I feel like I got better with ZSS and Greninja even if I jumped to my death too many times.

Thorakai

Scrubs complained about sword characters and now we all must live with the repercussions. I felt like I was high seeing the tipper streak land on characters when playing Marth a few days ago only to see nothing happen. Testing it in training mode revealed that the sword trail actually extends a bit past the max hit box range on his sword. As someone who lives and dies on following the trail animations, I thought this was the most fucked up shit anyone's done to any character in a fighting game. :lol

This fucks me up with Bowser Jr.'s hammer attack after up B.

Neki

Alright, GG Neki. Pretty solid Link. Being a Link player too, I now know how it feels to have 3 different junk being thrown at you. Real annoying to get in close. Hey just to ask, do you know about Link bomb cancel throw? It can cancel any landing lag Link have with that trick including his dair and air dodge.

Oh and thanks for playing, I feel like I got better with ZSS and Greninja even if I jumped to my death too many times.

Thanks, your Greninja was hard to beat. My friend has told me that, but I haven't had a chance to throw it into my game play yet, but I'll try putting it in more, you kept punishing me every time I was in the air. :( ggs though.

and yes, your multiple suicides was pretty funny. :p

What does mega mans down b do? I'm not sure how to properly use it

It doesn't have a TON of utility and definitely seems to be one of Mega Man's least useful moves, but there are a couple of things you can do with it.

1) Pop leaf shield and run in for a grab. If you grab them, you can get 22% from the shield damage and throw (if you use a f-throw)

2) Throw Metal Blade into the ground, pick it up and pop leaf shield. You can then use the Metal Blade item while the shield is popped. Basically it gives you a few more options to get in and do 1.

3) Edge Guarding. The leaves of Leaf Shield cause a tiny flinch with little knock back. The idea is you pop leaf shield, chase a guy off the edge and then after they take the hit from the shield, you footstool them. It's useful because you can't invoke the "tumble" from a footstool if the opponent is attacking.

That's all I'm aware of, aside from the obvious uses such as blocking projectiles and accidentally using it and getting punished.

It doesn't have a TON of utility and definitely seems to be one of Mega Man's least useful moves, but there are a couple of things you can do with it.

1) Pop leaf shield and run in for a grab. If you grab them, you can get 22% from the shield damage and throw (if you use a f-throw)

2) Throw Metal Blade into the ground, pick it up and pop leaf shield. You can then use the Metal Blade item while the shield is popped. Basically it gives you a few more options to get in and do 1.

3) Edge Guarding. The leaves of Leaf Shield cause a tiny flinch with little knock back. The idea is you pop leaf shield, chase a guy off the edge and then after they take the hit from the shield, you footstool them. It's useful because you can't invoke the "tumble" from a footstool if the opponent is attacking.

That's all I'm aware of, aside from the obvious uses such as blocking projectiles and accidentally using it and getting punished.
Also, when you are trying to land safely, you might as well pop it on the way down for added safety.

Unbounded

Anyone up for a couple of rounds? I wanna see if I've finally got a good secondary for me.

It's decent in projectile warfare as well. I.E. they're spamming mario fireballs or pika jolts, it eats them right up.

I've also seen it completely cancel out some smashes.

Nice thanks, you're really living up to your name :)

Kangi

My For Glory matches follow a distinct pattern.

Get a kill on the opponent.
Opponent then kills me.
Opponent then taunts me.
I kill him again.
I spam "Okay" while he's blasting off.
I leave because I don't like tryhards.

Rinse and repeat.

Top Bottom