• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously?

Actually, I should probably take a look at what aerials cancel on fastfall in general. Damn I have so much lab stuff to do.

On a slight tangent, is it just me or did the devs add really weird sourspot launches to spike moves in this game? It's like if you aren't directly over someone in this game, you will not spike people downward.

Falcon's DAir does that if you hit with the upper hitboxes. Nipple spike is gone in favor of those weird launch hitboxes.

jorgejjvr

You actually convinced me to pick up diddy as a third, I always loved his play in brawl, but I was focused on game and watch at the time. I've put in a few hours in the lab with him, dude has crazy options, I have no idea why people don't play more.

Anyway, anyone up for 1v1

0275-9670-9228
Agreed, I really like him

I used Diddy occasionally in Brawl and main him in Project M but that's actually mostly because of his fun banana games. Take that away and he's just...bland, imo.

I still pick him sometimes but he's just not the space control monster that I loved anymore. :( No other characters had a playstyle completely around item manipulation in Smash than Brawl/PM Diddy. I think he's still really good but nowhere near as fun.

I just handily defeated a counter-happy Lucina in 1v1 For Glory with both Mega Man and Kirby. Feels good. I don't understand why people bother maining Marth or Lucina if they're just going to spam their counter the whole time...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Finally.

Fucking FINALLY.

http://imgur.com/UMtwi5X

You have NO idea what it took to get that last trophy. Literally four-five hours of STRAIGHT grinding. I'd check the store, play 2:30 minutes of Trophy Rush thrice (the store resets if you do that. Funnily enough, it doesn't reset if you play Trophy Rush once, go back, check the store, play Trophy Rush again, etc. You need to do three straight matches of Trophy Rush right after another, without even leaving the character select screen or else the store doesn't reset) and then some Classic matches on intensity 7.9 if I ran out of gold. I did just that for four-five hours straight. I've done Trophy Rush so many times that I can do a perfect run easily (I netted forty trophies and six equipment pieces once) and can even predict the timing of the lightning ball without looking at the screen. I was a fucking zombie by the end of this ordeal.

My last trophy was the Golden Hammer one, by the way, which I found hilariously ironic yet fitting.

The meanest thing was... that the penultimate trophy (Whimsicott in my case, which also took me a good hour or so to unlock) showed up FOUR MORE TIMES before I got the Golden Hammer trophy, as if to taunt me.

Anyway, I'm finally done with the singleplayer :) I haven't unlocked all custom moves (I miss about twenty of 'em) or Smash Powers, but I can't be bothered by those.

Now, to focus on the competitive multiplayer without a worry on my mind!

Well, you still miss one more trophy since you will get one trophy for clearing all custom moves, outfits and headgears. But nice job. I noticed that too today since I'm grinding for 15 more trophies I think.

Edited: Never mind. I just realized that you could have broke panel with a golden hammer.

Just played a few rounds against a Little Mac. Beat him as Bowser Jr., then beat him as Sheik, then decided to switch to Little Mac myself for a mirror match. He was actually ahead of me and I was at 100%, but I got a full meter KO punch in on him to win the match, and he quit out immediately after. Poor guy. :(

Monster Zero

Man, I wish I could spectate Gaf matches without making it laggy, I can only imagine what happens in other fights, guys are intense here. Should be a hell of a tourney, have Yall started practicing with your custom moves yet?

I just handily defeated a counter-happy Lucina in 1v1 For Glory with both Mega Man and Kirby. Feels good. I don't understand why people bother maining Marth or Lucina if they're just going to spam their counter the whole time...

I can get pretty parry happy sometimes but usually it's when I feel like I've lost the timing for it so I'll over-use it to try and get a feel for it again... that or my opponent is ridiculously predictable so I know it'll land every time. I can pretty much parry pacman's side-b in my sleep now :p

All the scrubs moved to Captain Falcon.

superior falcon , they should just be gruninja or lucina and counter to win........the salt i know

i was falcon first, hipster time :p

everything was counter , new dolan comic, grab to win against counters

Top Bottom