• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

It depends on the character, but Yoshi has plenty of KO moves this game. The problem is getting the opportunity to use them.

Uair, Usmash, Bair, Fair, Fsmash are his main kill moves.

Yoshi is dangerous when somebody is above him or horizontal to him when they are off the stage. Creating these situations is the best way for a kill - down throw, u tilt, egg throw, dash attack are the best set ups for that. You can also just run Usmash if the opponents use laggy moves or you read them.
Great advice, thanks! Who would you say are his best and worst matchups?

Seriously?
Yep
qm4nZv.gif

Found a fun toy with Zelda that could be handy: short-hop air dodge into teleport :p
If your opponent is below 90% just teleport away horizontally, the initial teleport will still hit them and you'll re-appear off in the distance.
If your opponent is 90% or higher, teleport straight up and you'll hit them with the appearing hitbox for an instant KO. I know upwards teleport combos aren't anything new, but it never occurred to me before to use the short-hop air dodge to get in with it XD

Like anything you don't want to overuse it too much or people will see it coming and roll out of the way or the like, but it's a surprisingly fun option to add into your approaches :p

That's what I meant, normal DI but with the KBI/VI style inputs. Basically what it is now but you can't affect the distance you travel.

And believe me I'm well versed in game maker, I've been using it for years now made quite a few games in the past and even made money out of it.

Problem is I've since become a massive perfectionist and can no longer finish a game due to focusing on the minutia to the extent that I'll end up scrapping it and starting again from scratch (I've done this 12 times now for a single game that I've still not finished for example).

It doesn't help that I have to do everything myself and can't just use programmer art for example, if it doesn't look good first time then it's crap in my mind.

It really sucks because it's completely ruined game dev for me as well as a few other aspects of my life after several years of doing it..

Fair enough :3

As for perfectionism, it's best to set realistic goals and consider the game done when you hit them. Finishing is a skill too :3
If you don't have a particular skill, such as art, and feel you can't learn it to a degree that you consider passable, then perhaps once a project reaches a certain point then it's time to get friends to help out with their own skills if you can get them invested in whatever you make.
You've obviously got to be careful when involving others as not everyone will always finish what they start and of course you need to let go of a little creative control, but it's a question of what's important to you :p
The other option is to design stuff with your limits in mind. For example, a friend of mine doesn't consider himself all that good at art so he tends to make his games more abstract-looking in style so their visuals are within reach of what he can handle. That's why Super Hexagon and VVVVVVV look the way they do :3

GGs Shamrock. I just learned you can attack PK Thunder to kill it. :p

Is there a way out of Ness' jump attack string?

Also, you are the first Ness to not die to Fire Breath gimping. It is good to know there is an option to get around it. I would love more 1v1 against your Ness.

GGs Shamrock. I just learned you can attack PK Thunder to kill it. :p

Is there a way out of Ness' jump attack string?

Not really. Ness can't do it after a certain percentage. I know with certain characters you can change the direction out of Ness's dthrow enough to not combo into it, but Bowser may be too big for that.

Not really. Ness can't do it after a certain percentage. I know with certain characters you can change the direction out of Ness's dthrow enough to not combo into it, but Bowser may be too big for that.
Which direction should I try in the future?

Anyone else want to play? Tired of all the JP people in For Glory. -_-

The Super Bash Sisters tournament will begin soon! Three more days till it all starts! ^^

Just trying to get everyone prepared, so that everything can go by smoothly. Wouldn't want to have anybody forgetting, or delaying a match for another. :3

Thread to the tourney: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916081

Hope you guys subscribe to it to make things easier as well, for all of those who are participating. ^^

I can't wait till it all begins! :D

FSLink

Banned
Which direction should I try in the future?

Anyone else want to play? Tired of all the JP people in For Glory. -_-

At higher percents you can go jump to avoid it, but at certain percentages Ness can just uair if he reads the opponent doing it.

I say up and towards is probably best.

I miss Lucas due to rope snake being nice for recovery even if it was a bit short. He'd have an easier time avoiding Bowser's fire breath, and PK Thunder 2x is unreliable online. I hope he makes it as DLC....I do love Project M Lucas. Offense Up is so amazing.

Beats

Anything change with the connection on your end Beats? That last match was unbearable.

Smart Din's Fire usage, and a better understanding of the phantom and her general priority.

Yeah, that was kinda bad. I don't have anything running that could be problematic in the house. > . <

Kyzon

Anything change with the connection on your end Beats? That last match was unbearable.

Smart Din's Fire usage, and a better understanding of the phantom and her general priority.

I'd assume you also didn't spam Fair and Bair off short hops either, correct?

The lag on those are terrible.

Oh, guys. In an hour I'll probably be choking at another tournament :D

www.twitch.tv/1fow1

New Challenger Approaching here at Gameworks in Vegas.

If you're in town, you should come and compete. I'd love to meet some gaffers for smash.

Mumei! Training mode?

Yeah, that was kinda bad. I don't have anything running that could be problematic in the house. > . <
Ditto.

I'd assume you also didn't spam Fair and Bair off short hops either, correct?

The lag on those are terrible.

Oh, guys. In an hour I'll probably be choking at another tournament :D

www.twitch.tv/1fow1

New Challenger Approaching here at Gameworks in Vegas.

If you're in town, you should come and compete. I'd love to meet some gaffers for smash.
I mostly space with ftilt with her, and fsmash. Both are pretty good for that. Her jabs, too.

Now Palutena...she seems like total crap. I don't get her at all. Everything is so slow and bad.

I'd love to play more Karst, but I'm not sure what's up right now. Our connection is usually pretty good.
Indeed. I am also clueless.

Kyzon

Mumei! Training mode?

Ditto.

I mostly space with ftilt with her, and fsmash. Both are pretty good for that. Her jabs, too.

Now Palutena...she seems like total crap. I don't get her at all. Everything is so slow and bad.

Indeed. I am also clueless.

Palutena is defensive as hell. I do decent with her, but great with custom palutena. I space with her bair since the shield is invincible. Up smash is for punishing anyone recovering above the stage. Oh and I grab a lot. Most of my kills are grab to up air combos

Neki

Man it's having to constantly switch playing a character with customs and no customs is annoying sometimes, because Link can kill at seventy percent with customs, why can't it be default :(

Man it's having to constantly switch playing a character with customs and no customs is annoying sometimes, because Link can kill at seventy percent with customs, why can't it be default :(
If customs were the default on For Glory, that would be ideal. It is such a pain to learn two characters.

(I'm posting a lot! Sorry! Shit!)

It's perfectly fine to post as much as you want, but double posting is frowned upon on NeoGAF. Instead, you can just edit your last post and edit in what else you wanted to say.

Also, a really neat functionality that's not immediately obvious for everyone (at least, it wasn't for me :D) is that you can click the + sign next to each post, then click reply to reply to all of them at once.

Good stuff :3 Dinn's is pretty useful if you're careful/clever with it.
Took me a while to get the range down on the phantom personally: I'd often use it from too far away :p
I tend to also use Nayru's love to punish rolling (it stays out longer than down smash, though down-smash is better if you can connect with it)

edit: forgot to cover Palutena: As Kyz mentions, she really needs to rely on throw combos, jabs and aerials if you want to speed her up. Both her back-air and running attack have a hitbox on the shield that eats any non-armoured attack so they're very difficult for your opponent to stop.

Top Bottom