• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Masked Man

I said wow
People talk about Little Mac showing up all the time in FG but I think I saw one a couple weeks ago and zero over the last couple days since I started playing again.

Maybe I'm just not getting matched up against the right(wrong) people.

Yeah, people in Japan rarely use Mac. I think the overprevalence of my boi is a purely US/EU phenomenon. Love him to death, though. <3

I was so happy thinking I finally got my third custom outfit.

Then I noticed there wasn't the NEW text on it and it was a double of one of the two I already have.

TWILT

Banned
Good games as usual, Beats! Was really fun fighting your WFT and ZSS.

I gotta practice that Monado Art Cancel more since it feels pretty nice to actually use it effectively and I might need to switch counters for Zero Suit (I felt like the Dash Vision only hit her once...) I also gotta decide on a custom set for Greninja that I like lol.

Beats

Good games as usual, Beats! Was really fun fighting your WFT and ZSS.

I gotta practice that Monado Art Cancel more since it feels pretty nice to actually use it effectively and I might need to switch counters for Zero Suit (I felt like the Dash Vision only hit her once...) I also gotta decide on a custom set for Greninja that I like lol.

Good games! Try the Custom 3 Shuriken with Greninja (or the one that isn't the shuriken that stays in place). It brings the opponent towards you if it hits and you can combo from there. : p

one_kill

Are the trophies that are more expensive in the Trophy Shop rarer to come by in Trophy Rush and other modes?
Once you've seen them, there's a higher chance of you getting them. I'm not sure by how much though as I bought any trophy I didn't have just outright.

JoeInky

Is it just controls for you that are the issue?

The size of the system in general is too small for my hands which makes it uncomfortable to play for long periods of time and I really don't like the slide pad thing because I find I'm often doing the wrong inputs due to it, I can't wait to just have a proper controller in my hands again.

I've never had a real problem with the 3DS itself until now, I really don't think Smash is suited to it at all.

I've surpassed 50 hours of play time, but I haven't gotten the achievement. Do I *seriously* have to have 50 hours of Smash Play Time? Because I only have 5 hours in that.

Yes. I also found out the hard way.

ibxsM8AmDIw2yA.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I've surpassed 50 hours of play time, but I haven't gotten the achievement. Do I *seriously* have to have 50 hours of Smash Play Time? Because I only have 5 hours in that.

I don't think CPUs count, but multiplayer counts the time for each player. So if you play 10 hours of 4 player Smash I think that counts as 40 hours.

Jado

Banned
It's definitely not always easy, but it's doable. I agree that those fights are often not fun. If there's lag, they make me want to pull my hair out.

That said, the beginner's guide to those fights is this flowchart:
1) Dash in between projectiles.
2) Dash cancel into shield.
3) When you get close to the opponent, the opponent will usually do one of three things...

A) Run in and grab.
B) Roll away (through you).
C) Throw another projectile.

Punish A by attacking as they approach.
Punish B by attacking on the recovery (down smash is the universal option).
Punish C by dash attacking during the startup.

Thanks for the tips. I learned about "punish B" in this thread after much frustration. Definitely have to work on the other two.

Just had a sequence of for glory games against a pretty decent little mac and then a seperate megaman where everything just went wrong in every way possible. See a really heavily broadcasted attack waiting for me when I land? I go low then hop up to catch the ledge only to somehow slidie up the side, past the ledge into the attack. Happened multiple times too. Other highlights include constantly missing up-a and getting side-a and somehow getting turned around so I do my attacks in the wrong direction (no, not even rolling was involved, I literally somehow managed to turn myself around and attack in the completely opposite direction from the way I was facing from a standing position) not to mention a plethora of tilt vs smash mix ups -.-

The wii-u version can't come fast enough ¬.¬

edit: on a more positive note, I've discovered that palutena's forward tilt seems to happily munch through a lot of counters. While the first hit will trigger their counter, the hits afterwards will often clash or straight up knock them out of counter. Bizarre but useful.
Also, I may have recounted that I'm not a fan of Palutena's counter as it has no knockback. It still doesn't have much knockback, but the anecdote I always give of the worst knockback situation seems to actually be some kind of weird quirk of how little mac's jab combo and palutena's counter interact. For some heck knows what reason, if you counter his jabs as palutena, he just won't get knocked back and even seems to recover before you do leading to your reward for a correct read basically being to get punched in the face. ...great.

Going back to being less positive, I think Palutena's horizontal smash might be the worst punish I can think of. The amount of times I've tried to punish an opponent who I read using a move with a long recovery and watched as they still managed to complete the move and shield before the wing's hitboxes activate just makes me rage. To be honest, the wind-up time on most of her smashes, uncharged, just makes me want to cry sometimes -.-

DaBoss

For Glory is being hilarious now. people leave after one match lol. Win or lose. So tired of it.

Can't wait for Tournament Communities. Though if people don't try to join open rooms, that would be annoying. >_>

Anyone want to play?

Seriously, how does Target Blast work? I was getting consistently low scores with Pikachu, and now I got 270k points on the first round. Incredible.

Lost to Samus because I stunned her at 160% with a reflect and then tried to KO with Falco's up smash. It only hit once and then I was KO'd at 80% by Screw Attack.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Falco feels super slow and stiff in this game.

Lost to Samus because I stunned her at 160% with a reflect and then tried to KO with Falco's up smash. It only hit once and then I was KO'd at 80% by Screw Attack.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Falco is super good, don't you even complain!

Seriously, how does Target Blast work? I was getting consistently low scores with Pikachu, and now I got 270k points on the first round. Incredible.
I think you need to get big "chains".

Thanks for the tips. I learned about "punish B" in this thread after much frustration. Definitely have to work on the other two.
I am glad someone got something out of it!

Cedric

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I feel you, I used to be a Falco player in melee but he changed so much since then. I'm kinda wishing Wolf comes back, only because I feel he's closer to what I liked about Falco than Falco himself. On another note, even though I'm trying hard to git gud with Falco, I'm finding Fox to be pretty decent. If he had Falco's glorious dair it would be great.

Beats

Is Olimar partially broken? First time using him and one of my Pikmin completely froze and was unusable. Sometimes the Pikmin just run off stage and reappear next to you. lol

Top Bottom