• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Beats

1. The game is home. Finally.
2. I chose captain falcon. Excited.
3. I was running around but i eventually did a short hop out of the run...
4. He passed from going fast as lighning on the group to almost stationary on the air.
5. RIP

I knew that thats was going to happen. Still, i couldnt belive how drastically falcons speed/momentum disappeared. I still cant believe that thats how the physic work. You are making games for nintendo Sakurai. You play a nintendo platformer and they have awesome physics. You go to smash and this happens.

So far, I've taken for granted that people prefer "normal" (like in mario games) physics!? Its that the case??

Yeah, this is one of the major things that bugs me about the movement in this game. It feels super off with almost every character whenever you jump after a run. : (

Lucario is not an issue for me because a half waft can kill him early and they never see it coming so that's one huge step ahead for me lol.

Unless the waft somehow doesn't kill, then woooooops.

It shows a hammer at the top-right of the top screen which is where it shows the image for beating the challenge.

On that note, does StreetSmash get hits for anyone? I was just at a friend's recently, and we played some Smash. We didn't get any StreetSmash hits at all. I used the hammer on the StreetSmash 5 hits challenge since it doesn't seem like it works for me.

I think your friend hasnt enabled StreetPass.

I wouldn't worry too much about using hammers because Streetpass challenges are bull anyways.
I really do not care if they know I used a hammer for 50 hours of Smash.

FluxWaveZ

Haha, that freakin' book for the last kill. GGs, that one was my last.

Started off a bit rough, killing myself when I usually don't do that at all, but I got used to it a few matches in for some truly close games. We were killing ourselves way more than we should have been there; dunno if it was the latency or what.

jrDev

Haha, that freakin' book for the last kill. GGs, that one was my last.

Started off a bit rough, killing myself when I usually don't do that at all, but I got used to it a few matches in for some truly close games. We were killing ourselves way more than we should have been there; dunno if it was the latency or what.
Amazing games. Latency was a problem, a lot of times I was walking around my apartment to grab a better connection while playing lol...

FluxWaveZ

Amazing games. Latency was a problem, a lot of times I was walking around my apartment to grab a better connection while playing lol...

Yeah, it was really unfortunate because those times when the game would hitch, especially when an opponent was off-stage, broke the momentum. Oh well, they were fun, anyways.

Yeah, quick recovery too! When people block it they dash forward to punish, only to eat a high % Aura Sphere.

I guess the point is Lucario is awesome.

I was a Lucario main in Brawl and I barely had any change in tactics between regular Lucario and Aura Lucario. Playing with him now I have completely different strategies between low and high percentages, which makes him even more fun to play in my opinion.

jrDev

Yeah, it was really unfortunate because those times when the game would hitch, especially when an opponent was off-stage, broke the momentum. Oh well, they were fun, anyways.
Anyways, best Sonic I've played...

Anyone else want to test my robin?

2234-7469-5025

Lucario is so fucking good. This game really makes him feel like "the comeback king," moreso than Brawl did, anyways. Which is weird, because I don't think that stock modifies Aura anymore.

Lucario is so fucking good. This game really makes him feel like "the comeback king," moreso than Brawl did, anyways. Which is weird, because I don't think that stock modifies Aura anymore.
It never did in Brawl, except in doubles, which made him ridiculous there. Does stock affect aura in doubles here as well?

If you haven't already you should try and turn the character outlines from thick to none.

imo they look much better without them on, brings out their primary colors more.

I'm up for it.
3093-7162-3807

Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. EDIT: Though it's only when he's at a disadvantage in stock count.

Hm. I could have sworn that it went the other way around, too, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anywho, the aura mechanic in this game has more than made up for that, particularly considering that the Aura cap is now 190% (overall - most moves cap off well before that), and the change between percentages are more drastic.

TrueBlue

Goodness me, I love playing as Sonic, even if his Homing Attack sometimes leads to an SD when attempting to finish an opponent in the air. Totally worth it if it comes off though.

qMduJ5e.jpg

at last, they join the battle

Dr.Hadji

1. The game is home. Finally.
2. I chose captain falcon. Excited.
3. I was running around but i eventually did a short hop out of the run...
4. He passed from going fast as lighning on the group to almost stationary on the air.
5. RIP

I knew that thats was going to happen. Still, i couldnt belive how drastically falcons speed/momentum disappeared. I still cant believe that thats how the physics work. You are making games for nintendo Sakurai. You play a nintendo platformer and they have awesome physics. You go to smash and this happens.

So far, I've taken for granted that people prefer "normal" (like in mario games) physics!? Its that the case??

LOL. Kirby is a Nintendo platformer. Physics work the same there as they do in post Melee Smash. I wonder if the designer of Smash has anything to do with Kirby games. Hmmmm.....

Top Bottom