• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

SmithnCo

1. The game is home. Finally.
2. I chose captain falcon. Excited.
3. I was running around but i eventually did a short hop out of the run...
4. He passed from going fast as lighning on the group to almost stationary on the air.
5. RIP

I knew that thats was going to happen. Still, i couldnt belive how drastically falcons speed/momentum disappeared. I still cant believe that thats how the physics work. You are making games for nintendo Sakurai. You play a nintendo platformer and they have awesome physics. You go to smash and this happens.

So far, I've taken for granted that people prefer "normal" (like in mario games) physics!? Its that the case??

I have to admit that makes me not want to play falcon, the knee and jumping punch don't feel good without momentum.

Had great matches with someone using Jigglypuff. Wish there was a way to contact them, feels rude to just quit after a series of rounds.

SmithnCo

Had great matches with someone using Jigglypuff. Wish there was a way to contact them, feels rude to just quit after a series of rounds.

On the results screen you can see people's profile messages if you click them, so if people start to put their online handles in there for twitter or something, maybe there could be a way for people to contact each other.

And it would be nice if there was messaging too, even premade ones so I can say good game without just quitting out.

Cynosure

have you ever taken a loss so bad that you blocked someone for no good reason

had a fight with a good Pittoo, but it was laggy once for a few seconds so i blocked him for it. i regret that decision. how do i fix it? where is my block list?

Holy crap these Japanese players on the replay channel are good.
How do you change profile messages? And yeah, where is the actual block list?

Metal characters in classic are so obnoxious.

Did a classic run as Charizard last night (only posting now cos Bayo 2 demo finished downloading during this run lol)

Got Villager up to 250% or so and he just wouldn't die (gyroid + balloons = fuck life).

What's worse is that I almost lost due to shitty randomness with items. He killed me once with a beetle iirc, then got a smash ball as soon as I respawned, but thank god his FS sucks and isn't an insta KO and it only did like 40% lol.

Eventually killed him with a pitfall which gave me enough time to fully charge a smash attack.

ffdgh

Did a classic run as Charizard last night (only posting now cos Bayo 2 demo finished downloading during this run lol)

Got Villager up to 250% or so and he just wouldn't die (gyroid + balloons = fuck life).

What's worse is that I almost lost due to shitty randomness with items. He killed me once with a beetle iirc, then got a smash ball as soon as I respawned, but thank god his FS sucks and isn't an insta KO and it only did like 40% lol.

Eventually killed him with a pitfall which gave me enough time to fully charge a smash attack.

It's even worst on that tomagatchi stage. Stop going into every freaking room WFT!

Just played a nice set of rounds with a Bowser who was decent. Then on around the sixth round he Bowsercided on the last stock to kill me and that was a shame. Can't keep playing somebody who Bowsercides to win. Sorry.

SmithnCo

In classic I like to stick to walk-offs for those because you can try to get close to the edge and just insta-kill them with a throw.

Just played a nice set of rounds with a Bowser who was decent. Then on around the sixth round he Bowsercided on the last stock to kill me and that was a shame. Can't keep playing somebody who Bowsercides to win. Sorry.

I'll never not find Bowserciding hilarious.

That Japanese DDD probably thought "sit on the edge and zone out Mac with projectiles" was an unbeatable plan until I fsmashed the Gordos right back into his smug beak

Raw64life

Did Classic, Bomb Target, Home Run and 10-Man with every character and had a good amount of fun doing it.

Now I'm starting to do All Star and the 100-Man with everyone, and boy is this getting tedious. I'll probably still finish them because I want to use the hammers for other challenges but I really hope they remove these "do X with every single character" challenges if there's another Smash after this. Having to do this with 50 different characters is a little out of hand.

I'll never not find Bowserciding hilarious.

I'm all for Bowserciding in Fun matches or with friends or whatever because it is hilarious, but I've ran into a few who use Bowserciding in For Glory as a way to pad their victory/win rate and I'm not gonna keep playing against the same person if they're going to use that tactic while I'm trying to actually learn techniques and stuff. That's all.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Gust Bellows is the most overpowered item in Smash. Smash Ball and Gust Bellows both on screen? Forget the final smash, I'm going for the gust bellows. That's potentially multiple easy KOs.

DYK that if you shield, the gust bellows don't push you?

Wait, really? That's weird, doesn't it still work on opponents with invincibility?

SmithnCo

Did Classic, Bomb Target, Home Run and 10-Man with every character and had a good amount of fun doing it.

Now I'm starting to do All Star and the 100-Man with everyone, and boy is this getting tedious. I'll probably still finish them because I want to use the hammers for other challenges but I really hope they remove these "do X with every single character" challenges if there's another Smash after this. Having to do this with 50 different characters is a little out of hand.

Yeah... I can do without the 100-man and "win Smash Run with everyone" challenges. Not really hard, just tedious.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That and Peach's sarcastic, "Aww...did I win" never gets old. <3

It was hilarious when the commentators brought that Peach quote up at TBH4. "Then you've got Peach, who doesn't even know if she won the match or not. Oh, did I win? Well let's see. It's a one on one, and you are the last one standing. What do you think?"

After having nothing but lag free battles for the most part up until now, it seems my luck has run out. Fighting Mario as Zero Suit Samus is already annoying enough when most of his attacks have higher priority than mine.

Top Bottom