• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

SMgamer83

Played my final matches in For Glory for the 3DS version. Not going to have time to play this week until Wii U, then I'm going full speed on that version.

Final Record: 400 wins 48 losses.
820 KO's to 258 Deaths.
100,783% Damage Given to 59,632% Taken
3 Sudden Deaths (Won all 3)

Mario (158-17)
Rob (71-7)
Bowser (57-9)
Ness (51-8)
Shiek (15-1)
Dr. Mario (8-1)
Kirby (7-2)
DK (6-0)
Villager (5-0)
Rosalina (5-1)
Fox (4-2)
Ganondorf (4-0)
Luigi (3-0)
Pac-Man (2-0)
Link, Greninja, Shulk, and Jiggly (1-0)

Just thought I'd share :)

Ricky 7

Anyone wanna play? Just got a new XL so I'm back in the game till the Wii U version's out. FC is 0688-5933-2030.

I don't think so but I remember being told you can angle ZSS's Fsmash up a bit even though it doesn't look different.

Has to be an attack that you could actually change a direction. Dedede, Bowser can't do this. Since they basically hit everywhere.

--------

So Flare Blitz is nerfed now. A uncharged Aura Sphere completely stopped it and made Charizard take the FB damage. So Zard can no longer punish projectile use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUgqfX8uqM#t=211

However a second time it actually lands? So maybe not as much super armor?
Alright thanks for clearing that up.

Also regarding Flare Blitz, it's like that in the 3DS version. I've used Charizard enough to know this. It sometimes clashes with low power projectiles instead of going through them, this is rare though.

I won't be playing wired for a while since I have to order one of those ethernet adapters online, and money is already kinda tight for me after buying a WiiU.

RiggyRob

I don't think so but I remember being told you can angle ZSS's Fsmash up a bit even though it doesn't look different.

Has to be an attack that you could actually change a direction. Dedede, Bowser can't do this. Since they basically hit everywhere.

--------

So Flare Blitz is nerfed now. A uncharged Aura Sphere completely stopped it and made Charizard take the FB damage. So Zard can no longer punish projectile use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUgqfX8uqM#t=211

However a second time it actually lands? So maybe not as much super armor?

That video just made me realise that there could've actually been an all Pokemon 8 player Battle Royale in Smash if Ivysaur and Squirtle weren't cut.

---

Does anyone have any tips for playing as Zero Suit Samus, Shiek and Sonic? I feel like they're too fast for me to control and I hate the fact that they all have diving Down-Airs, although I think I'm getting the hang of Sonic a little bit with holding his Side B.

Edit: Also, it feels like Little Mac has super armour on his Side B in the air, I keep throwing him off the stage in For Glory but I can never spike him cause he either jumps over me or interrupts my attack.

Masked Man

I said wow
is the 3DS version going to be dead? I won't be able to get the Wii U version :c

The Wii U version doesn't come out until 12/6 here in Japan, so I'll still be playing on the 3DS at least until then. ;P

Edit: Also, it feels like Little Mac has super armour on his Side B in the air, I keep throwing him off the stage in For Glory but I can never spike him cause he either jumps over me or interrupts my attack.

Nope, only on the ground. Honestly, if 1.0.4 gives him super armor on the Side B while airborne as well, I will never ask Sakurai for anything else.

SuperSah

Banned
Highly doubt 3DS community will die, there are far more 3DS users out there than Wii U.

It'll still be heaps active, from me at the very least.

Dr. Buni

There is no way the 3DS community will die.

Personally
I prefer the air
I will be playing both versions since my Wii U is on the living room and sometimes I will prefer to play Smash in my room.

RiggyRob

The Wii U version doesn't come out until 12/6 here in Japan, so I'll still be playing on the 3DS at least until then. ;P

Nope, only on the ground. Honestly, if 1.0.4 gives him super armor on the Side B while airborne as well, I will never ask Sakurai for anything else.

I know, it just feels like it. I can't get the hang of spiking people in the air, always seem to miss by being too far above or too far across from them.

DaBoss

is the 3DS version going to be dead? I won't be able to get the Wii U version :c
Probably will be a few players still, but I imagine most people who plan on playing Smash over a long term will be playing the Wii U version.

I probably won't play online in the 3DS version ever after the Wii U version comes out cause circle pad problems.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Is there no way for Bowser to counter a good Sheik who gets you with an Up Air after launching Bowser up? Can't seem to react fast enough to get to the ground or spike with Dair.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I have never had this issue. Do you have a recording?

Sorry no I don't. Never really fought a good Sheik like the one I faced in FG the other day. Usually I could punish an Uair with a Dair but this Sheik was too quick for me.

Basically the Sheik could hit me while I was in hitstun and I couldn't seem to Air Dodge or Tech out of it.

emb

Sorry no I don't. Never really fought a good Sheik like the one I faced in FG the other day. Usually I could punish an Uair with a Dair but this Sheik was too quick for me.

Basically the Sheik could hit me while I was in hitstun and I couldn't seem to Air Dodge or Tech out of it.
After a certain percent you should have plenty of time to edge guard. It shouldn't kill Bowser before that percent. At lower percent though, I think it can be kinda guaranteed, depending on which through, and VI maybe. I'm not sure, but down throw, up throw, or even forward throw might lead into it and need different DI. Most likely you need to DI up.

At least in my experience. I'm a bad Sheik player, so from the other side I see it as hard to lead into the uair at kill percent. My approach is too linear, so when I get close way up in the air, they know to air dodge. It can be tricky if they mix it up though, like with late up air often the last hit will connect after the air dodge. Or if Sheik up Bs instead of uairing, the delay from that can catch the air dodge well, but it's hard to position sometimes.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
After a certain percent you should have plenty of time to edge guard. It shouldn't kill Bowser before that percent. At lower percent though, I think it can be kinda guaranteed, depending on which through, and VI maybe. I'm not sure, but down throw, up throw, or even forward throw might lead into it and need different DI. Most likely you need to DI up.

At least in my experience. I'm a bad Sheik player, so from the other side I see it as hard to lead into the uair at kill percent. My approach is too linear, so when I get close way up in the air, they know to air dodge. It can be tricky if they mix it up though, like with late up air often the last hit will connect after the air dodge. Or if Sheik up Bs instead of uairing, the delay from that can catch the air dodge well, but it's hard to position sometimes.

Vector upwards eh? I will have to try that.

FluxWaveZ

So many Goddamn mistakes. T-T

I was SDing a bit too much with Sonic for my taste a bit as well in a few of the initial matches.

Edit: Haha, woops. My bad on the non-Omega Rainbow Road. Also, sorry if you're tired of facing Sonic; he's pretty much the only character I know how to play as efficiently.

So Friday I finally got my 50 hours of smash challenge completed and so I only had 2 more hats to get for the last challenge. I was able to get them without too much trouble after doing a lot of trophy rush... only to realize that there were in fact more than
hats in the game. I could have sworn that I'd read somewhere that the max number of hats was
, but it looks like it's actually
. So now I'm doing a ton more Smash Run, prioritizing gold money drops and regular item drops. I actually managed to get another hat from Smash Run this morning, so I should only need 5 more. My goal now is to just do Smash Run until I have about 2 more hats to go. At that point, hopefully I'll have enough money stored up to get the remaining hats and any trophies I still need. It's going to be cutting it REALLY close to get this done by Friday (when I plan on moving on to Pokemon on the 3DS and Smash on Wii U), but hopefully I can do it.

Good games, Flux! So much I need to learn from Sonic. It's honestly my first real experience playing him so much. Still couldn't take you down though. Hah.

I give up, sorry. This lag's too much for me.

Definitely a nice Wario, though! I wish we could play normally so I could practice against him more.

Ok... I honestly have no idea how to fight a sonic that isn't braindead.
I used to think sonic was easy but I've since come to the realisation that the sonics I beat would have probably struggled against the sandbag.

I can sometimes (it's not reliable at all unfortunately) stuff his fully charged spin by jamming jab over and over but it doesn't stop his aerial homing attack shenanigans, plus the blue blur doesn't seem to recover within about a mile of you (most of his attacks carry him off way past you or seem to chain out into other attacks with minimal recovery :p )
It wouldn't be quite as bad if he can hold onto spin indefinitely making it impossible to read when he'll dash at you... this isn't like pacman where the move is so predictable I can even catch it with Palutena's super slow counter.
I can't punish spinning with auto-reticule either as the start-up is too slow to catch them if they unleash the spin (which will go under the projectiles) and he can still jump while spinning which also avoids it ¬.¬

Don't get me wrong, I know from experience that his moves have terrible priority so I can beat them with my own, but they come out so fast it's almost impossible to read them and react in time.

Any anti-sonic tips would be welcome, preferably tips against sonics that don't have to actively remember to breathe :p

FluxWaveZ

K, adding your code from your profile now

GGs. Man, Ganondorf hits hard. I tend to rush to my opponents without thought, but I'm going to have to think way more carefully how I approach opponents like Ganondorf, especially with that grab. I got a bit better at evading it after a few matches.

Top Bottom