• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What character are you using? Or do you want to use any character? Strong moves and multi-hit moves work best on Master Core. Mega Man can easily wreck Master Core. The challenge will come from getting to Master Core.

Side-B on Bowser. The CPUs will never try to struggle back on stage so regular stages are a joke.

Mumei

Greninja is one of my worse match ups so sorry if I'm not being helpful here. Is the hydro pump messing up your off stage game or are they using it in the air generally?

Admittedly my only ways of dealing with Greninja (as Wario) since he's hard to camp is to bait him and attack accordingly. A lot of Greninjas I played against have a really obvious pattern. I haven't really played a really good one yet but even those gave me trouble since the character is really safe and mobile. >_>
The only thing I know is that Greninja doesn't have a lot of good ways to kill and the ones I faced really get trigger happy with that up smash at high percents so it gets easy to punish them for it, at least.

He's gone now, but while he had some patterns I wasn't really sure how to deal with them - and when I tried new things, he adapted so I wasn't really getting a chance to figure him out.

He also was trigger-happy with up-smash, but it wasn't the only way he had of killing. He also used Hydro Pump to keep me very near the top of the screen, and got some kills directly from that (just pushing me into the kill zone), or from up-air. I basically only got stray hits, and was two stocked most of the time. I've played against Greninja before, and I really enjoyed the match-up, but for some reason this one was giving me fits.

He's gone now, but while he had some patterns I wasn't really sure how to deal with them - and when I tried new things, he adapted so I wasn't really getting a chance to figure him out.

He also was trigger-happy with up-smash, but it wasn't the only way he had of killing. He also used Hydro Pump to keep me very near the top of the screen, and got some kills directly from that (just pushing me into the kill zone), or from up-air. I basically only got stray hits, and was two stocked most of the time. I've played against Greninja before, and I really enjoyed the match-up, but for some reason this one was giving me fits.
Play me?

is it possible to combo into wario's fart
There really isn't a way to combo into it, but a lot of set ups. Dash attack trip, bike (if they jump), off stage, after a nair and after a blocked short hop dair (for some reason you can use waft to lessen the landing lag of dair? i think so anyway. either way it's good to catch them off guard) are some of the ones I can think about off the top of my head.

You mostly want to use it as a punish anyway.

Charizard's Rock Smash is a boss killer in Brawl and it still is here. Try him out. I got 9.0 on my first try with him.

I did it with Bowser.

Get the crit badge, then stack defense. spam fairs and bairs. Hang on ledge and fight using rising attacks because shadow bowser is no joke.

What character are you using? Or do you want general advice? I've done it with multiple characters without equipment and have an idea of what is good for most characters.

Strong moves and multi-hit moves work best on Master Core, especially if you can do it multiple times in the air (i.e. Falco's b-air, Palutena's u-air) Mega Man can easily wreck Master Core. The challenge will come from getting to Master Core.

Don't forget to customize your character, figure out whether you need speed, attack or defense. I've found speed+attack to be the best combo

That's the thing. All the stuff leading up to Master and Crazy Hand is super easy for me. It's the boss that wrecks me every time.

tinantlu

I'm sure it's been asked tons of times, or I could find a video somewhere about how to do it

What the heck am I supposed to do when Little Mac starts to hit me with that rapid fire combo thing? I was playing last night as a bunch of different characters and the other guy kept rocking me with that combo punch, I couldn't figure out how to get out of there without taking like 20 punches and then being launched upwards

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Thoughts on Bowser's Slip Bomb? Vortex is great for the wind push but I find Slip to be better due to speed and the power it gives. And the occasional trip.

Unbounded

Anyone up for some more 1 v 1 w/ custom movesets?

I think I've finally got the one I want down for DK. Gonna finally try to work on my fundamentals a bit.

There really isn't a way to combo into it, but a lot of set ups. Dash attack trip, bike (if they jump), off stage, after a nair and after a blocked short hop dair (for some reason you can use waft to lessen the landing lag of dair? i think so anyway. either way it's good to catch them off guard) are some of the ones I can think about off the top of my head.

You mostly want to use it as a punish anyway.

hm okay. i need to get a better sense of where the hitbox on it is, i guess. i frequently whiff when i try to use it to punish.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fox's voice is terrible. I was kind of disappointed that they reused Falcon's voice at first, but I'm actually glad they didn't change it because it would probably just end up being worse.

Sooo... for anyone that played ROB a lot in Brawl or knows how ROB works, what are good options for getting back to the ground while airborne? Dair isn't a great option since it keeps me in the air, nair doesn't have a persistent hit box, and I don't know if fair, bair and uair have hit boxes underneath me that are reliable. Is approaching sideways with laser/gyro/fair my best option?

Azuran

Banned
Yay, 50-35 on For Glory. After my disastrous 2-14 start, things have gotten a lot better for me. This just shows to just keep playing and playing and don't let losses discourage you. You'll get better little by little even if the results don't show it at first.

Just wanted to share this because I was highly expecting to reach 50 losses first a mere week ago.

any really fast ways to get coins in this game?

Classic Mode on 7.9 intensity. Any higher than that and you're forced to face Master Core which is just annoying. Usually net more than 3000 a play.

hm okay. i need to get a better sense of where the hitbox on it is, i guess. i frequently whiff when i try to use it to punish.
Yeah the hitbox of it is actually weird in this game. Seems like the range is nerfed compared to Brawl.

You have to be really close to hit with it but it pays off in the end.

GrandPrestigiousHoneycreeper.gif

Oh my

I try that but i always get countered :/ people can't be that fast to counter, its bs
*throws salt on myself*

I've done that, falcon punch when someone rolls back, against a shulk too and i got hit with his counter :(

the god Captain

Yeah there were some spikes sometimes. Sometimes you have to make sure nobody is using the same connection as you.

We have two open slots for my FFA room. Miguel wanna play some for Glory matches while we wait for other players?
Crap, those are gonna be my first Glory matches in the whole game. lol Sorry if I'm terribly bad,

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I try that but i always get countered :/ people can't be that fast to counter, its bs
*throws salt on myself*

I've done that, falcon punch when someone rolls back, against a shulk too and i got hit with his counter :(

the god Captain

I feel like if it were me I'd be punished or evaded multiple times in that gif. Knee, elbow, Falcon Punch, any of those.

I am so pissed off right now. Goddamn circle pad has killed me a ridiculous number of times today.

Anyone want to 1v1? I need to take a break from doing classic and Smash run with every character.

Top Bottom