• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Yep. The KBG went from 65 to 100 in 1.0.6, iirc. Might have been the BKB, though.

KBG and BKB?

I just tried to play the 3DS version of this again. Oh god, the controls are terrible! I was losing to people I should not have been losing against, and there is so much tech that isn't possible to do.

Ok I don't think anyone's using the internet to stream now so, 1v1 someone?

knockback growth and basic knockback

Ahh, okay thanks. I also KBG is a multiplier to increase the knockback of the countered move, and BKB is just overall knockback that the counter would apply. Is this correct?

I'm just gonna quote the PM site because I don't really know much about the terms myself

KB = Knockback
KBG = Knockback Growth. This value determines how quickly a hitbox's KB scales with the opponents percent. Damage is also a major factor in determining scaling.
BKB = Base Knockback. This amount of KB is added to the end result of the knockback formula and is most noticeable a low percents.
WDSK = Weight Dependent Set Knockback. As the name impies, this is a type of KB that is set and does not scale with percent, and instead has a set amount that varies only based on the opponents weight. KBG in this instance is used as a multiplier, but is usually set at 100.

KBG and BKB?

I just tried to play the 3DS version of this again. Oh god, the controls are terrible! I was losing to people I should not have been losing against, and there is so much tech that isn't possible to do.
100% agree on the 3DS. Just awful.

KBG = Knockback Growth
BKB = Base Knockback

First is how much knockback increases proportionally to %. Second is the knockback at 0%.

Edit: I don't know the specific math behind it.

Good games Snacks! For all the complaining about him, your Lucas is very good! With some of the characters I was playing, it was very difficult to get in. Good stuff!

I got caught sliding and couldn't shield. What a waste.

Well, good games. I don't see how I'm going to get better. Haven't improved at Greninja in a long time and Lucas is just hard to play.

Most characters are hard to play, especially against people who are good at the game. If that's your attitude, you're not going to improve, man. Just gotta keep playing!

You were playing more effectively when you slowed down and were more contemplative. When you held stage control, and wouldn't just run in aggressively, that was by far the most difficult situation you were putting me in.

100% agree on the 3DS. Just awful.

KBG = Knockback Growth
BKB = Base Knockback

First is how much knockback increases proportionally to %. Second is the knockback at 0%.

Edit: I don't know the specific math behind it.

SSBBKnockbackFormula.png

p is the percentage of the target, counted after the attack's damage is added.
d is the damage the attack dealt.
w is the weight of the target. Note: in Smash 64, heavier characters have a lower weight value than lighter ones, in accordance to the formula.
s is the attack's knockback scaling (also known as knockback growth) divided by 100 (so a scaling of 110 is input as 1.1).
b is the attack's base knockback.
r is a ratio based on a number of factors, including:
Difficulty
Handicap (not in Brawl)
Smash charge interruption bonus
Crouching penalty
Type effectiveness (Brawl only)
Rage (SSB4 only)
If the move has a weight-based knockback value set (so the move deals set knockback), then d is set to that value, and p is always 10.

Most characters are hard to play, especially against people who are good at the game. If that's your attitude, you're not going to improve, man. Just gotta keep playing!

I have been playing, though. There's only so much you can learn just by playing before you need to figure out something new, and I haven't found whatever it is.

You were playing more effectively when you slowed down and were more contemplative. When you held stage control, and wouldn't just run in aggressively, that was by far the most difficult situation you were putting me in.

The advantage game is easy. It's neutral and disadvantage that's always a problem. How do you decide when to use PK Fire or rope snake or stand still or use forward tilt? How is Lucas supposed to land, since he's so floaty?

And Greninja I just haven't been very into lately. Lately he feels like nothing but a series of dash grabs, forward air, and shuriken, then wait for a KO opportunity.

Hey Ivan, I'm sorry, I have to go pick up my mom from the hospital! I'll be back in about 20 minutes if you still want to play! Good games!

I have no idea what is even up with this lag but considering it gave me an error as soon as I left the room I'm guessing it's just one of thise nights :|

Top Bottom