• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Rolling PK Thunder is still pretty good right now, and Samus's Jab "combo" whiffing is intentional. Mewtwo's dsmash not having a hitbox behind him is intentional. EVERY dsmash that hits on one side is always safe on block in this game.

If I were to make some conservative changes:
Sheik: Nerf needles or fair slightly
Robin: Increase run speed
Link: Bring back Jab cancel or at least make it faster than it is now (it's too nerfed)
DK: Reduce windbox on Kong Cyclone slightly
Mewtwo: Fix hitboxes on smashes
Zelda: Increase run speed and make Din's Fire not put her into free fall when used in the air.
Agreed on your first paragraph, but Mewtwo needs fixes on most of his attacks, not just his Smash ones.

SoldnerKei

I got out :'D ,wahah

edit: ok that was pretty fast xD

seems like someone is using bandwith here twilt, last games D:

Yea for sure. I've thought for a long while that Din's Fire would function better as a mine/trap rather than a projectile. Hell even giving the small flame a hitbox that causes minor damage would be a nice improvement.

Din's Blaze is the closest to being like a mine and it can be deadly. Used it a few times and it works wonders as a grab setup as well as an edge denier/zoning

Oidisco

Din's Blaze is the closest to being like a mine and it can be deadly. Used it a few times and it works wonders as a grab setup as well as an edge denier/zoning

The problem with Din's Blaze is that you can't act until it explodes, which I think makes it kinda useless. If you could act right after placing Blaze, then the move would be amazing!

SoldnerKei

GGs Twilt! it's been a while since I played someone here regardless the sudden lag it was fun! your Robin has become pretty good, you gave yourself at the end with that Shulk upB thou xD

The problem with Din's Blaze is that you can't act until it explodes, which I think makes it kinda useless.

The ability to control it and make it stop really outweighs it. It's a remarkable piece for zoning that zelda really needs. Especially in the edge guard. Plopping it low or high can force an opponent to go where you want them to go, aka into a lightning kick or a spike. People also instinctively block din's fire/blaze but since it's hovering there, it can end up holding a block longer than it should giving a potential shield break opening or a grab opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZ9VcXedSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssos9aF1pOU

GGs Solar Knight, just my 2 cents but you shouldn't be that aggressive with Fox. I know that custom up-B is pretty powerful but I quickly dissected your approaches and setups because you never held back. Also, try not to go off-stage too much with him, Fox has a very poor off-stage game and you're better off trying to read their ledge getup or using utilt. You were doing pretty good though! :)

Anyone else? Otherwise I'll just practice shield dropping for a bit.

DooD1234

GGs Solar Knight, just my 2 cents but you shouldn't be that aggressive with Fox. I know that custom up-B is pretty powerful but I quickly dissected your approaches and setups because you never held back. Also, try not to go off-stage too much with him, Fox has a very poor off-stage game and you're better off trying to read their ledge getup or using utilt. You were doing pretty good though! :)

Anyone else? Otherwise I'll just practice shield dropping for a bit.
Want to fight for a little while?

Top Bottom