• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

I both love and hate how stupid strong counters and Zelda's up-b is

I feel like I'm not even really earning some of these wins

One more for me Snacks!

Edit: or not!

Good games! I know you're down on Greninja but you play him really well! Those matches were not by any means easy!

Thanks for playing!

That was actually my last one.

I don't know the Mega Man matchup. I assume it involves camping. because Greninja can't get through Metal Blade but shuriken outranges it. Customs I have absolutely no idea. Greninja doesn't benefit from them and they just make things harder for him, so I'm definitely in favor of no customs.

Little Mac, I don't know. He negates Greninja's best tools, so I assume if I ask anyone they'll just say "throw him off-stage and then back air ez pz 9-1 greninja" like it's that easy. I would use another character but I don't currently have any.

It would be much nicer if anyone actually played Greninja. There's just nothing to look to. Even on the rare occasions aMSa plays, he spends half of his time attempting to do combos that don't work and then gets bodied by the best Sheik/ Fox in Japan.

Oidisco

I can stay with Zelda if you want dude, that's fine with me. I just thought you might be getting bored of Zelda or something.

Now you just made me feel bad.

Oh no, don't feel bad! If it makes you feel better, ROB was a member of my Brawl trio. I loved chucking shit at people and if it wasn't Diddy or Snake, it was ROB. :3 I miss Snake though, his DACUS was fun and cooking grenades to blow people up was the best....

Just remember that after our first match, I started playing to win. You were not to be underestimated, so pardon if I spammed Gyromite and the Robot Hoo Ha.

Oh no, don't feel bad! If it makes you feel better, ROB was a member of my Brawl trio. I loved chucking shit at people and if it wasn't Diddy or Snake, it was ROB. :3 I miss Snake though, his DACUS was fun and cooking grenades to blow people up was the best....

Just remember that after our first match, I started playing to win. You were not to be underestimated, so pardon if I spammed Gyromite and the Robot Hoo Ha.

Scenario: We get Snake back, but instead of Hayter, all of his audio is Ground Zeroes sound clips spliced together.

Oidisco

Yea that was super weird. No idea what that was about.

And I like the slow charge, except you know, against characters with reflectors

That was a very poor attempt at a Jab Lock...

Oidisco

Ok I think this'll be my last game. My wrists hurt!

Ok good games Karst. I really can't play anymore, my wrists hurt like hell!

Oidisco

I definitely want to fight your custom Bowser again soon. After all those games I still kept messing up against your DashSlash!
And I'll want more Zelda vs Mewtwo matches for sure, I need to figure out a safer way to approach.

But yea, those were fun games!

Oidisco

Don't be discourage dude, your Mewtwo is really good! And you did say earlier that you don't know the Zelda vs Mewtwo matchup.

FSLink

Banned
Btw...Smashville is a really bad stage for Little Mac Karst. He can't do much if the other person is on the platform.

Haha very nice stage spike with Charizard's fair.

jaosobno

Guys, has anyone been successful in resolving error code 018-0516 (failed to connect to partner device)?

I bought Smash for 3DS yesterday (loving the game, by the way) and I've tried connecting to online match over 30 times with no success. I keep getting this error or just a pop-up screen saying "Communication Error".

I've assigned fixed IP address to my N3DS and I've put that address into DMZ, tried both Google and my ISP's DNS', tried changing MTU, everything that I could think of and it still won't connect.

I should note that I can spectate with no problems whatsoever, but I can't play online. I never had these kind of problems before (I can use eShop normally) and I have no connectivity issues, outside of Smash. My NAT is "moderate", so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas? I really want to play this online, and while SP is good (CPU is challenging in higher difficulties), I bought Smash to play it with other people, not with bots.

Guys, has anyone been successful in resolving error code 018-0516 (failed to connect to partner device)?

I bought Smash for 3DS yesterday (loving the game, by the way) and I've tried connecting to online match over 30 times with no success. I keep getting this error or just a pop-up screen saying "Communication Error".

I've assigned fixed IP address to my N3DS and I've put that address into DMZ, tried both Google and my ISP's DNS', tried changing MTU, everything that I could think of and it still won't connect.

I should note that I can spectate with no problems whatsoever, but I can't play online. I never had these kind of problems before (I can use eShop normally) and I have no connectivity issues, outside of Smash. My NAT is "moderate", so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas? I really want to play this online, and while SP is good (CPU is challenging in higher difficulties), I bought Smash to play it with other people, not with bots.

Only way I got this fixed was changing ISP since the last one was hating on new nintendo games....and their modems sucked ass. I tried that DMZ and it dint work either. Im from Puerto Rico and the cruddy ISP I was talking about is called "DMAX" incase you need to know. I know it sucks, happened to me with 3DS and I was kinda depressed that I could not play with GAF....

Best of luck to you though! <=(

FSLink

Banned
Why don't Sonic and Mewtwo have switched weights? Lol

I think I hate Smashville more than any other stage. That platform is always magically in the worst place possible for me.

Yeah you should have had me that 2nd to last match lol. And I don't really like fighting against Sonic so I'd be in favor of them switching weights. Mewtwo really need it. There's no reason G&W should be heavier (he should get a weight buff too honestly)

GGs man. I really do think Rosalina would fit your playstyle if you can be okay with the fact that she's not a villian. :p

I still need to get Hammer Spin Dash and Spinshotting down better, I'm more used to the arc of the normal one since I usually don't play Sonic much, I SD'd so much more when I didn't have the normal set. :/

I have no idea how Sakurai justifies G&W weight. I can at least see where he is coming from with Mewtwo. G&W doesn't even have safe aerials...

Yeah, only Jiggs and Rosalina make sense in terms of weight. Mewtwo and G&W need serious buffs.

Yeah you should have had me that 2nd to last match lol.

GGs man. I really do think Rosalina would fit your playstyle if you can be okay with the fact that she's not a villian. :p
I agree, but I can't get past it. :p

I actually had fun with Charizard, but he is so goddamn FAT. Those jumps are so awful.

Kind of hoping we get balance stuff as part of the Direct before Lucas. I like the general playstyle of my characters, but...lol, that Sonic matchup for Mewtwo is hilarious. Literally the only attack I can throw out is Nair, and I just have to hope you run into it. Sonic going under Shadow Ball makes me upset, haha.

FSLink

Banned
I agree, but I can't get past it. :p

I actually had fun with Charizard, but he is so goddamn FAT. Those jumps are so awful.

Kind of hoping we get balance stuff as part of the Direct before Lucas. I like the general playstyle of my characters, but...lol, that Sonic matchup for Mewtwo is hilarious. Literally the only attack I can throw out is Nair, and I just have to hope you run into it. Sonic going under Shadow Ball makes me upset, haha.

Yeah I was surprised sideB goes under Shadow Ball if I time it as soon as you throw it. That's pretty stupid, lol

You should try Charizard with Dragon Rush. I actually really like Charizard too but I can't get over that awful recovery...but man when he's on stage....so fun. He really is the worst off on losing glide from Brawl moreso than other characters

Yeah I was surprised sideB goes under Shadow Ball if I time it as soon as you throw it. That's pretty stupid, lol

You should try Charizard with Dragon Rush. I actually really like Charizard too but I can't get over that awful recovery...but man when he's on stage....so fun.
Updated my last post.

My locals are banning customs because of all the whining, so I have to find a character to play without them. -_-

FSLink

Banned
Updated my last post.

My locals are banning customs because of all the whining, so I have to find a character to play without them. -_-

Lame. Metaknight maybe? I think he's extremely underrated. He's more of a rival character than a villain though.

jaosobno

Only way I got this fixed was changing ISP since the last one was hating on new nintendo games....and their modems sucked ass. I tried that DMZ and it dint work either. Im from Puerto Rico and the cruddy ISP I was talking about is called "DMAX" incase you need to know. I know it sucks, happened to me with 3DS and I was kinda depressed that I could not play with GAF....

Best of luck to you though! <=(

Thanks, but unfortunately, changing ISP is not really an option for me. In fact, I doubt it's my ISP's fault since Smash is the only game I have issues with.

Damn, I'm so pissed about this.

Lame. Metaknight maybe? I think he's extremely underrated. He's more of a rival character than a villain though.
I think that Metaknight and Charizard are both underrated. However, I have to ask: would either actually help with Bowser's bad matchups? I do not think either would fare better against Sheik, Sonic, Rosalina, etc. Mewtwo covers most of Bowser's worst Matchups, so I will probably stick with those two even though they aren't great.

Sometimes you just stick with your stuff and hope for the best, y'know? Now, if Wolf and/or Ridley get in, then I might do some rethinking.

FSLink

Banned
I think that Metaknight and Charizard are both underrated. However, I have to ask: would either actually help with Bowser's bad matchups? I do not think either would fare better against Sheik, Sonic, Rosalina, etc. Mewtwo covers most of Bowser's worst Matchups, so I will probably stick with those two even though they aren't great.

Sometimes you just stick with your stuff and hope for the best, y'know? Now, if Wolf and/or Ridley get in, then I might do some rethinking.

I do think Metaknight could fight at least Sheik and Rosalina 50:50 without customs. Not too sure on Sonic, but I can only imagine he'd have a much better time than Bowser. Metaknight also has a very bait heavy playstyle which would suit you, but unlike Mewtwo and Bowser he can escape much easier from bad situations thanks to multiple jumps + his specials, and he has a great 50/50 game similar to Captain Falcon where you have to guess between a dash attack or a grab.

A DK main I know picked up Metaknight strictly for the Sheik matchup in a non-customs metagame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOge0mkKV7g

He also has a skill ceiling that I don't think I've seen anyone approach with him yet. He has a lot of combo potential even without the footstool tech.

I do think Wolf has a pretty good chance of getting in so you may be in luck!

FSLink

Banned
Sonic is MK's worst matchup but yeah he goes even against Sheik and Rosa imo

Nice. Not too familiar with all of MK's matchups since I don't use him too much. I guess I'll keep a pocket Sonic in mind.

Pikachu also really hates Metaknight too.

Also....Finally watched the ESAM Heavy Skull Bash combo video linked on the first page..../taking notes

Top Bottom