• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Just got bloodborne and DMC4:SE is coming out in 2 days. Don't think I'll be playing sm4sh for the next week or 2....(oh shit ranbats are due soon) Hopefully customs don't get banned next ranbats.... :< Or palutena is given a special exemption because she is da goddess. ..

Fun fact: Ike's Counter got buffed in 1.0.6, but no one noticed.

Looking forward to rest setups for Puff and bringing back G&W's melee neutral air.
G&W got two buffs this patch!

Not sure what Jiggs needs.

Just got bloodborne and DMC4:SE is coming out in 2 days. Don't think I'll be playing sm4sh for the next week or 2....(oh shit ranbats are due soon) Hopefully customs don't get banned next ranbats.... :< Or palutena is given a special exemption because she is da goddess. ..
It'll be interesting to see what the poll results are like. I expect a huge conversation to take place after Evo. We will all be watching, too, so we will have strong opinions as a result. If a character without customs won Evo, that would be a pretty strong incentive to keep them. If a custom completely destroys in Evo...

Vena

Both of those games are inferior to Smash. Whats wrong with you!?

Beats

Both of those games are inferior to Smash. Whats wrong with you!?

more like bloodboring and dmc4: sleeping edition. kappa
I liked both games. well at least the original dmc4. haven't played the new version.

It'll be interesting to see what the poll results are like. I expect a huge conversation to take place after Evo. We will all be watching, too, so we will have strong opinions as a result. If a character without customs won Evo, that would be a pretty strong incentive to keep them. If a custom completely destroys in Evo...

Does ZeRo use any customs?

I wonder who's most likely to make top 8 besides him.

Crayolan

G&W got two buffs this patch!

Not sure what Jiggs needs.

Real talk: Jiggs actually seems pretty balanced, but nonetheless is mid tier at best IMO. Rest is pretty hard to land in this game though, so rest setups would be a major buff.

G&W is trash and needs a lot of work. All he has going for him is easy combos.

more like bloodboring and dmc4: sleeping edition. kappa
I liked both games. well at least the original dmc4. haven't played the new version.

Does ZeRo use any customs?

I wonder who's most likely to make top 8 besides him.
I honestly don't know! Diddy doesn't benefit much from customs.

If he moves to Pikachu, customs are guaranteed.

Real talk: Jiggs actually seems pretty balanced, but nonetheless is mid tier at best IMO. Rest is pretty hard to land in this game though, so rest setups would be a major buff.

G&W is trash and needs a lot of work. All he has going for him is easy combos.
G&W is trash. At the very least, the guy needs lagless aerials.

Jiggs seems balanced, but I don't know her too well. What kind of rest setup do you want?

I love Kirby with customs. I'm gonna miss him when customs are banned. ;_;
That 10% chance of up B hitting, haha.

The leaping B was cool, though.

Crayolan

G&W is trash. At the very least, the guy needs lagless aerials.

Jiggs seems balanced, but I don't know her too well. What kind of rest setup do you want?

I'm not really sure. I know in Melee she has a up tilt>up air>rest combo which works at low percents, and technically works in this game too but only at like less than 10%, which is useless.

If she had something that worked until maybe 100% or so, that'd be great.

Crayolan

I just played Nairo on For Glory. :O

I whiffed a rest and he taunted before going for a shoryuken, then messed up the input and SD'd LOL.

He still won though, but it was close!

I'm not really sure. I know in Melee she has a up tilt>up air>rest combo which works at low percents, and technically works in this game too but only at like less than 10%, which is useless.

If she had something that worked until maybe 100% or so, that'd be great.
I think some kind of grab into rest makes sense, since grabs are pretty high-risk for Jiggs. I feel weird about giving her rest KO setups that are too easy, just because the move is so strong.

I whiffed a rest and he taunted before going for a shoryuken, then messed up the input and SD'd LOL.

Did you save it?

Real Nairo or just a copycat?

I dunno how many people named Zero I faced off in FG. Hell I once ran into 3 different Zero's in one session. I think it's Zero and Mango copycats I see the most.

Crayolan

I think some kind of grab into rest makes sense, since grabs are pretty high-risk for Jiggs. I feel weird about giving her rest KO setups that are too easy, just because the move is so strong.

Getting a grab is easier for jiggs than getting an up tilt. Not that I'd complain about a grab combo into rest, that'd be great.

Did you save it?

...Damnit. I always forget this is even a feature.

Real Nairo or just a copycat?

I dunno how many people named Zero I faced off in FG. Hell I once ran into 3 different Zero's in one session. I think it's Zero and Mango copycats I see the most.

I went to his stream to check right after, he says he faced a puff and SD'd embarassingly. So yeah, the real guy.

Thank you for the matches. Your sonic is really tought!
GGs! Glad that we have a Sheik player here finally, nobody else plays her. Yours is very solid. Not sure if the slight jitters later on were bothering you since you play Sheik, but was fine for me.

Hope to play you again another time for more matchup experience!

GGs! Glad that we have a Sheik player here finally, nobody else plays her. Yours is very solid. Not sure if the slight jitters later on were bothering you since you play Sheik, but was fine for me.

Hope to play you again another time for more matchup experience!

I play Sheik. I guess I am a nobody :(

I was playing For Glory with my nephew today in teams, and decided to have a last round as WFT. I was actually doing pretty well and after getting a smash kill, he busts out this quote, "Wow! You kicked him with your sports!"

I don't know why but I was laughing at that for a good five minutes and had to force myself to calm down.

entremet

I just got the DLC finally.

Ryu is very fun.

Roy is a beast. Nerf please.

Lucas seems pretty much the same but with Smash 4 mechanics.

I take that as a challenge. Sheik is now my main.
Looking forward to all the free wins. :)

I expect you will use your new main throughout the ranbat season. :-D

Hey, someone at locals claimed that Yoshi has armor on his Nair startup. Is that true?

And I take that as a challenge! Yoshi is now Karsticle's main!
Ain't no way. I would rather play SFIV.

I just got the DLC finally.

Ryu is very fun.

Roy is a beast. Nerf please.

Lucas seems pretty much the same but with Smash 4 mechanics.
I haven't found anything nerf worthy in Roy, but he is solid.

entremet

Looking forward to all the free wins. :)

I expect you will use your new main throughout the ranbat season. :-D

Hey, someone at locals claimed that Yoshi has armor on his Nair startup. Is that true?

Ain't no way. I would rather play SFIV.

I haven't found anything nerf worthy in Roy, but he is solid.
I was just kidding about Roy. Just surprised how solid he is now.

Melee seems so long ago when Marth ruled the roost.

I think Roy is the strongest FE character.

Top Bottom