• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

GGs Karsticles. The rust is real. My Sheik and Ryu are so bad, but I think my Luigi did alright today. Luigi vs. Bowser is so much easier when you don't have Dash Slash.

Just a general question who here has fun playing sm4sh? I see a lot of posts including myself talking about how painful and frustrating it can be at times.. or about how for an entire set no one had fun...

GGs Karsticles. The rust is real. My Sheik and Ryu are so bad, but I think my Luigi did alright today. Luigi vs. Bowser is so much easier when you don't have Dash Slash.
Bowser is a huge piece of shit without Dash Slash. Right next to the low-cal piece of shit, Mewtwo.

GGs.

Just a general question who here has fun playing sm4sh? I see a lot of posts including myself talking about how painful and frustrating it can be at times.. or about how for an entire set no one had fun...
I enjoy myself a lot, in general.

Thulius

I mostly enjoy it. I just get mad playing online because it's too easy to get away with dumb stuff and too hard to learn what actually does and doesn't work.

Oidisco

I have a lot of fun with the game, especially when I'm not playing For Glory.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Murray. I like your Lucina; assuming she's your main? I don't recommend attempting to counter when I'm charging a Smash attack since I can just continue charging and go through it. Sometimes it's just better to avoid it's line of fire and punish me during the recovery (and Ike has a lot of recovery on his Smashes.) Fun matches!
I always do unless the matches are really laggy. Even when I'm getting my ass kicked, it's always a good learning experience for me.

GGs Murray. I like your Lucina; assuming she's your main? I don't recommend attempting to counter when I'm charging a Smash attack since I can just continue charging and go through it. Sometimes it's just better to avoid it's line of fire and punish me during the recovery (and Ike has a lot of recovery on his Smashes.) Fun matches!

I always do unless the matches are really laggy. Even when I'm getting my ass kicked, it's always a good learning experience for me.
Play Mewtwo against Yoshi and tell me what a fun learning experience it is, lol.

Murray97

Yeah, she is. Thats a problem I always seem to have I love running into people charging attacks, I need to stop that. Ryu's focus attack is my nightmare because even if I do get a hit in it doesn't matter :(

Beats

I mostly like playing Roy because of his general movement. I'd probably still play him if he wasn't that good lol.

Sometimes I play a long set with someone and I'm not even sure if I was having fun in the end. Other times I feel like "this is pretty fun!"

depends on the matchup and how we're both playing I guess. If I have to play passively/extremely defensive then it can feel like a drag sometimes.

Cronox

Banned
People like easy. Roy is easy.

I look forward to playing Roy and the others soon myself. I don't doubt I'll play Roy more than Ryu. The funny thing is, Ryu actually doesn't appeal to a lot of the better Smash players, cause they're not into traditional fighting games. So the types to play Ryu are casuals and traditional FGC guys that aren't necessarily training to be competitive in Smash. We may see Roy have better tournament results than Ryu for a bit because of this. More succinctly, Ryu was to bring in new players, not for the old ones. I have no idea where Ryu was in the Nintendo DLC character poll, but I'll bet he barely rated in the USA.

Really depends on who I'm playing, and for how long we've been going. Generally the longer we go the more annoyed I get. The most fun is in even matches that go back and forth. Getting stomped or stomping someone else is not classically fun, one hits the "fighting against adversity" nerve (and I've only got so much fight in me at any given time) and the other involves boredom creeping in. In the latter I can experiment a bit though.

Getting curbstomped is educational, since I get to experiment without feeling bad lol. Sure it's depressing sometimes but I come out of it better always.

But the best matches for me is just constantly switching opponents after every match in FG. It changes it up all the time so it's always fresh.

Everyone gets frustrated I'm sure. Part of the fun, in hindsight, is experiencing the lowest lows so you can appreciate the highest highs

I have fun playing with Smash 4. It's not perfect. Shields are kind of annoying, and customs...well, they're not meant to be balanced, but they can be seriously irritating. But overall I feel I've had more fun with this game multiplayer wise than I did with Melee or Brawl.

And good games, Namikaze! Yoshi wasn't as frightening as I feared, but I really do think he's a bit absurd. And Airbender Kong...well, you know how I feel about that one. :p I really needed those Fire Arrows to help out.

Cronox

Banned
It also depends on my mindset/expectations. If I go into a match confident and get stomped, I start playing terribly and getting frustrated. If I go into the same match knowing I'm going to get stomped, I'll persevere much better and treat it like a learning experience.

The close matches really are the most fun though.

You want Yoshi to join the Zelda and Mewtwo club?

Roy is kinda like Ganondorf. With a good grab game. And a sword.
I don't think Mewtwo is lowest of the low tier. I think he's somewhere in mid tier - maybe bottom mid, but still mid tier. The 3 frames shaved off of his Nair have been pretty incredible in my experience. You can feel the difference just by how much less often you get punished after a shield.

If Mewtwo were the bottom of the bottom, I don't think I would be able to win as much as I do.

Silly how Samus and Zelda have top tier alter ego's.
The Danny DeVito to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Ok, teleporting through platforms is one thing. Teleporting through SOLID STAGE is a whole new bug of fraud.

Let me double check this replay.

Top Bottom