• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Repost from Smashboards:

Maybe we should, as a group, come up with a Mewtwo changelog that we all agree on. Here is my list:

Tail: Has no hurtbox, ever.

Forward Dodge: Total active frames reduced.
Back Dodge: Total active frames reduced.

Jab: Jab1 transitions to Jab2 faster.
Jab1 no longer whiffs on short/crouching characters.

Grab: Grab range increased to better match the animation.
Grab no longer whiffs on short/crouching characters.

Up Throw: Knockback increased.
Forward Throw: Damage increased, characters can no longer evade the shadow balls.
Down Throw: Recovery significantly reduced.

Up Tilt: Startup and recovery reduced. Hitbox now matches the full tail animation.

Forward Tilt: Startup and recovery reduced.

Forward Smash: No longer has a blind spot directly in front of Mewtwo.

Down Smash: Lower vertical hitbox expanded.

Up Smash: Vacuum effect on hit increased; characters can no longer pop out.

Forward Air: Lower vertical hitbox expanded to match the animation.

Back Air: The animation and hitbox are now identical. Landing lag reduced.

Neutral Air: Lower vertical hitbox expanded to hit shorter characters. Landing lag significantly reduced.

Disable: Causes significant shield damage.

Confusion: Now results in enough frame advantage on hit to link Up Tilt. Startup reduced to 8 frames.

Shadow Ball: Charging animation now has a hitbox. Firing animation from neutral has decreased startup. Knockback and hitstun increased for all power levels.

Teleport: Post-teleport slide removed. Mewtwo is now completely invulnerable during his travel between departure and arrival. Recovery reduced slightly.

Ricky 7

I don't like the fact that more tournament players like M2K are picking up Charizard. I would have preferred him to remain hidden so he could continue getting small buffs every update and also because I like using underused characters. Yes I'm selfish. =P

KingBroly

Banned
Is there a video or a place to learn some techniques for Zero Suit Samus? I feel somewhat confident in my play, but I feel like I'm missing out on some advanced tech.

Oidisco

Is there a video or a place to learn some techniques for Zero Suit Samus? I feel somewhat confident in my play, but I feel like I'm missing out on some advanced tech.

I guess you could take a look at Smashboards for some ZSS stuff. http://smashboards.com/forums/zero-suit-samus.472/

Oh and you could watch videos of Nairo's ZSS if you want to see someone use her at a very high level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Zr-IDoXFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRgbfW09QKw
He uses Robin in the 1st game, and then goes ZSS for the rest.

Thulius

I don't like the fact that more tournament players like M2K are picking up Charizard. I would have preferred him to remain hidden so he could continue getting small buffs every update and also because I like using underused characters. Yes I'm selfish. =P

Well his flamethrower was already one of the best edgeguard and approach options in the game. Between that, Nair and jab he has an incredibly simple, effective neutral. His outrageous grab range was kinda whatever before but now that he has one of the best kill throws in the game it's not surprising people are taking him more seriously.

Ricky 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Md78LU0V8
Another infinite but this time for Captain Falcon, yes it requires customs as well. Works extremely well against Ness, Lucas, Lucario and G&W.

Well his flamethrower was already one of the best edgeguard and approach options in the game. Between that, Nair and jab he has an incredibly simple, effective neutral. His outrageous grab range was kinda whatever before but now that he has one of the best kill throws in the game it's not surprising people are taking him more seriously.

He also has some great disjointed attacks and super amour specials as well. =)

Soul Lab

Alright dude, good games!

You've got a great Luigi. He's a lot of fun to fight against!
not good enough. couldn't do shit ^^

would love to play against you more frequent though. I think I can learn a lot fighting against you. like get your ass crushed and learn

Oidisco

not good enough. couldn't do shit ^^

would love to play against you more frequent though. I think I can learn a lot fighting against you. like get your ass crushed and learn

There were a lot of close games where I just barely managed to get the last hit in. But yea we should play again for sure!

But can you still get locked 60fps on a midrange PC? I could run DMC4 at 60fps on max, so I hope it's the same here.

Uh, probably? The main issue seems to be that someone at Capcom thought we wanted to play the entire game with a crummy post-processing/ motion blur vaseline smear that can't be disabled. I assume that's what's running performance into the ground as well. Seems like Capcom tricked everybody on PC again just as with RE4 HD and Ultra SFIV.

I think I'm ready to try Smash Bros. again.

Top Bottom