• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Honestly I see a grown up Ginny from Harry Potter in a Supergirl costume. It's not to critisize, it's just what I see and it ruins it for me.

I really hope this show turns out well.

Tabby

the foundation for changes are so easy and the fact that they've shown it will end up looking like the comics version puts me at complete ease

They've addressed it in the first episode so honestly even though I hate it I don't mind since I know they'll be evolving the suit overtime like Arrow has.
But we're getting off topic now, back to talking about Supergirl!

tim1138

So happy with the decision to have her wear tights under the skirt. I never understood why a female flyer would willingly wear a tiny skirt as her costume.
The S shield looks a little off, but it could be worse.

BadAss2961

Not feeling it... At least not in those pics. Looks Man of Steel inspired, but it doesn't work here. The actress doesn't give me a Supergirl feeling either.

But hey, it's just a TV show that's clearly doing its own thing. This one isn't for geeks.

Skux

The "it's too dark" complaints perplex me because superhero movies and TV shows in general tend to go for darker or more subdued shades.

They're not going to use ultra bright shades in these suits, guys. And if they did, folks would probably complaint about that too.

Agreed. If they went bright it would look out of place in the real world.

And on top of that, the suit will look brighter in the show anyway because of the lighting.

Cyberius

Yep, that's Supergirl. That blue top/red skirt look is factually her best look and I think it looks pretty great here. Dark, but that's just the day and age we live in.

Approve.

Oregano

Not feeling it... At least not in those pics. Looks Man of Steel inspired, but it doesn't work here. The actress doesn't give me a Supergirl feeling either.

But hey, it's just a TV show that's clearly doing its own thing. This one isn't for geeks.

Not sure how you can say that with The Flash currently on the air and going all out up to and including Time Travel.

MrKnives

Not a fan of the skirt.

These would have been much better. The one in the bottom right is fabulous. With different proper coloring.

MahmudAsrar-e1354825217945.jpg

How old is she supposed to be in the new show? She looks older than what we would describe as, "Super Girl".

Would have been nice if they showcased 2-3 different costumes, one of which being more "Kryptonian"

Using the outer cape/coat layer of this, and then perhaps using the same suit style as Man of Steel?
42P9RTc.jpg

Loxley

Aside from the leggings, I like it. It's simple and classic - and I dig the take on the \S/ symbol. Looking forward to seeing it in motion.

JC Lately

Not bad. Between this and The Flash, I’m glad the era of ‘no flights, no tights’ is long behind us.

But CBS hates Hulu for some reason so I’ll never see it.

C4Lukins

This is CBS. Nobody should be excited about this. They have created maybe two good shows in the last 30 years that are not 60 minutes or reality television. They even make the NFL unwatchable. And that outfit looks like Supergirl is premoting a gas station on her chest.

"I wonder how they will move from the goofy concept of Supergirl? Making her costume more practical and modern would probably do it"

*Sees images*

"..."

Everyone I've told "They're making a Supergirl-show" to, has started chuckling. Among everyday people, "Male superhero turned into girl with boobs and skirt" is outdated and a pretty good way to alienate a lot of viewers.

I'm interested in the show, but please, give her a better costume in the future.

BadAss2961

Not sure how you can say that with The Flash currently on the air and going all out up to and including Time Travel.
Its not just that it's TV. This show appears to be doing its own thing with the IP and the characters, not following canon as closely as Arrow and Flash. It's fine, I just don't think fanboys are part of the target audience for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom