• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, Sam and Dean just leveled up. Like they were maybe leveled in the 20s when demons first showed up, but now they're leveled up into, say, the 60s or 70s and got new skills and gear. It's kind of like how Slogra and Gaibon start off as bosses but then later are just regular monsters you blow right through with your Crissaegrim.
Nah, they got the rare treasure "plot armor." They just had to sacrifice every side character to get it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That assault on crowley's fortress when sam says "2 outta 3" since he had to kill one of them really made me think how long it has been since we've seen them actually perform an exorcism.

That assault on crowley's fortress when sam says "2 outta 3" since he had to kill one of them really made me think how long it has been since we've seen them actually perform an exorcism.

That time that Sam busted out the phone to say the incantation was great. I want to see more stuff like that.

Or the time he said the exorcism incantation in reverse to send the demon back into the vessel.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That time that Sam busted out the phone to say the incantation was great. I want to see more stuff like that.

Or the time he said the exorcism incantation in reverse to send the demon back into the vessel.

Oh man the phone thing was so great but really, my favorite is easily in season 3 when they do the mass exorcism through the police stations PA system, I loved stuff like that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They touched on the reason for that again this last episode, demons ride those bodies hard and odds are the hosts are dead anyway.

Nah, they got the rare treasure "plot armor." They just had to sacrifice every side character to get it.
Plot Armor only gives them Auto Re-raise. They actually did need to level up to be able to fistfight demons instead of just being tossed around with telekinesis, which only now happens when they fight bosses.

Demons going from bosses to mooks is totally a video game trope. Like in Dark Souls the first time you fight the Capra Demon he's all tough and he's a boss and he'll kill you in 2 hits. Later on you then just start meeting him in packs of 3, and they're alot easier than before.

Totally deserved power curve.

Demons going from bosses to mooks is totally a video game trope. Like in Dark Souls the first time you fight the Capra Demon he's all tough and he's a boss and he'll kill you in 2 hits. Later on you then just start meeting him in packs of 3, and they're alot easier than before.

Lol that's what i was thinking too. Dark Souls 1 & 2 both did that. I'm not sure if Demon Souls did, but they likely did.

If the Knights of Hell were still around they would probably be what Demons used to be.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The funny thing is that now Dean and Sam can punch demons and angels in the face and they actually hurt them, before punching a demon would do nothing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

The problem is that they are starting to get to bottleneck territory. Angels and demons dont have the same punch anymore and unless amara starts making dupes, new, formerly unknown monsters come knocking, or the brothers start going after witches or the thule or something a tier above, its gonna make the bros seem too strong, which means they'll probably fall harder on the secrets and lies storylines.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The problem is that they are starting to get to bottleneck territory. Angels and demons dont have the same punch anymore and unless amara starts making dupes, new, formerly unknown monsters come knocking, or the brothers start going after witches or the thule or something a tier above, its gonna make the bros seem too strong, which means they'll probably fall harder on the secrets and lies storylines.

The problem is you can't go through all the shit they have and no be a cut above the average monster. The whole issue in the early seasons was they had no idea what they were dealing with on a given hunt and it left them at a disadvantage, now they've seen so much shit that they do generally know what they're dealing with before they roll into town. Even if they don't know exactly what works, they've got enough experience to make a very good guess.

Parallax

The problem is you can't go through all the shit they have and no be a cut above the average monster. The whole issue in the early seasons was they had no idea what they were dealing with on a given hunt and it left them at a disadvantage, now they've seen so much shit that they do generally know what they're dealing with before they roll into town. Even if they don't know exactly what works, they've got enough experience to make a very good guess.

And im taking away from that, but there needs to be more variety in the beasts they fight. Seeing them ghosts demons all the time is pretty weak at this point. We know they can solo them. Hell they can take on large groups. But half the fun in seeing the winchesters do dirt is taking on monsters that they struggle with only to overcome. They still havent legitimately beat a witch/wizard yet, although looks to be the endgame for the season

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And im taking away from that, but there needs to be more variety in the beasts they fight. Seeing them ghosts demons all the time is pretty weak at this point. We know they can solo them. Hell they can take on large groups. But half the fun in seeing the winchesters do dirt is taking on monsters that they struggle with only to overcome. They still havent legitimately beat a witch/wizard yet, although looks to be the endgame for the season

That I can agree with. I feel like even with different monsters, a lot of them overlap so their experience would carry them through. I'm with you on the witches thing though, the Grand Coven could be a really interesting baddie to face for next season.

These are demons now, basically.

latest

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
11x9 summary:

AMARA UNLEASHES HER POWER UPON THE WORLD — Amara (guest star Emily Swallow) unleashes her power on the local townspeople as she issues a shocking challenge. Dean (Jensen Ackles) tries to better understand the hold Amara has on him, while Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Crowley (Mark Sheppard) come up with a plan that could have disastrous consequences.

11x9 summary:

AMARA UNLEASHES HER POWER UPON THE WORLD — Amara (guest star Emily Swallow) unleashes her power on the local townspeople as she issues a shocking challenge. Dean (Jensen Ackles) tries to better understand the hold Amara has on him, while Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Crowley (Mark Sheppard) come up with a plan that could have disastrous consequences.

Sam and Crowley working together? Sams going to fuck everything up and so something stupid, isnt he?

Lol Dean catching Sam praying. It's like he got him masturbating or something.

Bunny Mask reminds me of Goosebumps The Haunted Mask.

Killer bunnies, killer Jesters, what's next killer whales
see what I did there
? Seems like it's school mascots so far.

Him swinging dat 12kg like it's nothing though...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sam and Crowley working together? Sams going to fuck everything up and so something stupid, isnt he?

He's probably going to take a trip to the cage and see what's up. They should be able to communicate with Luci without opening it up.

This episode feels like the weakest in the season so far. Baby was good filler, this was moderately okay filler. I do like how they kept the consistency of Sam's phobia of clowns.

Only parts I really liked were:
Dean catching Sam praying and taunting him for it.
Sam shitting his pants in the elevator.
The uneasy feeling a bunny head staring at you gave.
And Sam bringing up the cage at the end.

Speaking of the cage, I thought it would be bigger, considering it was designed to hold Lucifer's Archangel form, and considering Castial said his Angel form was the size of the size of the Crystler building(iirc), and he was a seraphim at that point. You'd think an Arachangel would be even larger. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Kept thinking about Donnie Darko with the rabbit mask.

That's the first thing that popped into my mind too.

Pretty good filler episode, this season's wining streak keeps going. I still find Sheriff Donna kind of sexy.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So what's it all add up to? It's hard to say. But me, I'd say this was a test... for Sam and Dean. And I think they did all right. Up against, Good, Evil, angels, devils, Destiny, and God himself, they made their own choice. They chose family. And, well... isn't that kinda the whole point? No doubt - endings are hard. But then again... nothing ever really ends, does it?

So Supernatural has kinda stumbled onto a giant eleven year plan by accident. God's just sad that he fucked his 'sister' over and wants Sam/Dean to get everyone playing Family Feud.

Jody is the best, Bobby had damn fine taste in ladies.

...Bobby :(

EVERYTIME B-DUBS EVERY. DAMN. TIME! First it was Meg, now Bobby! Stop making me feel!

Earlier today I was thinking about yesterdays episode and remembered seeing Jody and wondered to myself why Bobby hasn't dated her yet...then I remembered why </3.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
EVERYTIME B-DUBS EVERY. DAMN. TIME! First it was Meg, now Bobby! Stop making me feel!

Earlier today I was thinking about yesterdays episode and remembered seeing Jody and wondered to myself why Bobby hasn't dated her yet...then I remembered why </3.

It's not on purpose :(

If the CW still wants a Supernatural spin-off it should be based around a Jody/Donna team up. It would be so awesome, especially when they
bring Bobby back and have him take care of Jody's wards while she's away kicking ass

Just do it and print money CW, just do it!

It's not on purpose :(

If the CW still wants a Supernatural spin-off it should be based around a Jody/Donna team up. It would be so awesome, especially when they
bring Bobby back and have him take care of Jody's wards while she's away kicking ass

Just do it and print money CW, just do it!

That's what many of us have been saying since the Mills/Donna team up last year. It would be awesome.

Parallax

That's what many of us have been saying since the Mills/Donna team up last year. It would be awesome.

Supernatural has a ton of potential spin off that they are sitting on. And the spin off attempt we got was that typical cw series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom