• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

5* freebies and Yuki

4*

OS and starter asuna

Star scientist seven

Starter silica

Starter Liz. Smile on water front Liz.

Gamer sakuya

Pop star Yuki

Kiss leafa rainy leafa

BTW why do ppl leave portrait animations on in YouTube videos? Is there a mechanic benefit?

Is there a way to chain more than 1 ss3? I can't seem to go from 5* kirito to 5* Yuki to OS asuna ss3 chain.

Also seems inconsistent from getting the combo buff between asuna and Yuki. Is it a timing issue?

You can only do 1 SS3 after the 5* one. I'm not sure what you mean by the combo buff, but it should work with every time Yuuki SS3-> Asuna SS3

Tower, I think you mentioned you are still at the start? Starter Silica can solo 2 stages, Water Liz can take another 2, as can OS Asuna. Gamer Sakuya and Rainy leafa can take 2 each, use them for the hardest bosses. Kiss Leafa can also take 2. So thats 12 stages total. I would add in the other 4* to supplement power as needed, and 3 * healers for emergencies as well. Unit the very last floor, there only like 10 stages, so you can send 2 on the harder ones. So you should be able to get to 75 assuming you gear everyone up.

If you have rainbow essence and need the added power, Starter silica can be upgraded to a super armor unit like the rainy ones by upgrading her SS3 twice.

W-00

No, exchange swords have been around for a while. There should be plenty more opportunities to get enough.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Assuming you are referring to the rabbit quest, its still the best way. Its up to 4 slots per day now. Besides this, there are a few missions that drop XP pots pretty often, i can't recall which of them there are besides the one fairly high up in the tower. which drops like 8 XP hi-potions and 2 X-potions. Pain to get to this time though.

Kayos, I'm up to 8.1M, but still 8th. Really hoping there aren't 3 snipers out there.

EDIT: Got to Lvl 100 of tower again, where I ran into the bug where the boss gets stuck on phase 1 and doesn't die XD. Force closing the app thankfully let me continue, but also wiped my combo X(. got him to a sliver of life before dying. Oh well will get it sooner or later

Also new event will give 7 VIP tickets! Good if you are missing some for Heathcliff, though that assume you can clear the missions.

You just ended up getting a really hard bracket. Sorry mate.

Jeffrey

I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I keep getting wrecked by Heathcliffs 2 lightning moves. You can jump over far away but I'm not sure what to do at close range?

You just ended up getting a really hard bracket. Sorry mate.

I dropped to 9th lol, but I'm a bit less frustrated by it now. At least with the new event, I can still get his 5* upgrade even if I drop out of top 10. It will still cost me an LB but better than nothing.

Jeffrey

Huh just realize there is a guild system worth joining? Anyone here wanna hook me up? ;)

I'm also out of lvl 10 and lvl 60 unlock keys. Where do you grind for those? Felt like all mine are from event stuff.

W-00

Huh just realize there is a guild system worth joining? Anyone here wanna hook me up? ;)

I'm also out of lvl 10 and lvl 60 unlock keys. Where do you grind for those? Felt like all mine are from event stuff.

There are guild-exclusive missions that are worth some diamonds. The guild I was originally part of sucked (no one else did many missions and I couldn't get anyone for a multiplayer mission) so I founded my own just now. The guild number is 46824684360 if anyone is interested. I mostly did it so I could push out guild notifications for trying to set up multiplayer runs.

I think the Sunday Col quest is where I get most of my level unlock keys these days.

Nice guide, fairly up to date too.

In other news, I fell to 10th even with 8.1M, so decided it was time to spend diamonds to secure my ranking. 55 Anniversary Bronze Pulls and 11 Silver only got me a measly 2 R2 Exchange swords, but it got all the bad luck out of the system, since the following 150 Diamond pull got me a whopping 3 R4 anniversary weapons, and they were all different, Rapier, DB and Sword, which was pretty awesome since i had Sakuya's bow for Sinon. Then did Step 5 of Step up, which got me 5* Leafa and Cosplay Strea. Leveled all the reinforcements and started trying all out the new combinations for rankings. Leafa, Sinon and Tanabata Yuuki (all 80) managed to cut part 2 all the way down to 34s, giving me 8.26M and 6th. Hopefully I'm safe in top 10 for now.

Jeffrey

Lol the mission achievements for this game. It's so chicken or egg.

You need the good shit to beat these mission times but you need the rewards to get the skill upgrades?

Or I could just grind lol.

So I should be focusing on getting combo time extensions?

What determines a 'meta' vs bad unit in this game?

Lol the mission achievements for this game. It's so chicken or egg.

You need the good shit to beat these mission times but you need the rewards to get the skill upgrades?

Or I could just grind lol.

So I should be focusing on getting combo time extensions?

What determines a 'meta' vs bad unit in this game?

'Meta' depends on the kind of event. For normal use and tower, the shield units like Rainy Leafa are 'meta' since they can heal, don't take much damage, and don't lose combo. Also, they can block / tank unparriable hits before the parrying the parriable ones instead of having to dodge first.

For ranking its all about DPS, so units with high hit counts, high damage and fast SS3s are good.

Buffers/Debuffers/Stunners are welcome in any team, though people try to avoid doubling up on buffs and debuffers since they don't stack. Stacking stunners is good to proc the stun faster.

You only need one combo window extension, the second one isn't really necessary. In fact I like the shorter one since it forces you to be more aggressive to maintain combo.

That said, even on the hardest difficulties, you don't need meta units to get S or even the 45s missions. As long as you bring units that aren't resisted, keep your combo, and parry, pretty much anything works. The problem is that half the player population doesn't do that and show up undergeared expecting to be carried. Like a lot of players prefer soloing simply because no one breaks their combo. Also MP regen is halved in Multiplayer compared to solo. Still it feels awesome when everyone is on the same page.

Not sure what you mean by you need the mission rewards for skill upgrades. If you are referring to the upgrade crystals, those are new. Right now most things can be cleared with well geared 4*. A 5* will speed things up, but probably not essential.

Jeffrey

'Meta' depends on the kind of event. For normal use and tower, the shield units like Rainy Leafa are 'meta' since they can heal, don't take much damage, and don't lose combo. Also, they can block / tank unparriable hits before the parrying the parriable ones instead of having to dodge first.

For ranking its all about DPS, so units with high hit counts, high damage and fast SS3s are good.

Buffers/Debuffers/Stunners are welcome in any team, though people try to avoid doubling up on buffs and debuffers since they don't stack. Stacking stunners is good to proc the stun faster.

You only need one combo window extension, the second one isn't really necessary. In fact I like the shorter one since it forces you to be more aggressive to maintain combo.

That said, even on the hardest difficulties, you don't need meta units to get S or even the 45s missions. As long as you bring units that aren't resisted, keep your combo, and parry, pretty much anything works. The problem is that half the player population doesn't do that and show up undergeared expecting to be carried. Like a lot of players prefer soloing simply because no one breaks their combo. Also MP regen is halved in Multiplayer compared to solo. Still it feels awesome when everyone is on the same page.

Not sure what you mean by you need the mission rewards for skill upgrades. If you are referring to the upgrade crystals, those are new. Right now most things can be cleared with well geared 4*. A 5* will speed things up, but probably not essential.

Yeah mostly about essence and medallions? Seems like it's either doing missions or scoring well or grinding a bunch lol. I'm a bit confused about how to keep combos? Especially against bosses that don't have parry moves very often.

Yeah mostly about essence and medallions? Seems like it's either doing missions or scoring well or grinding a bunch lol. I'm a bit confused about how to keep combos? Especially against bosses that don't have parry moves very often.

Medallions are mostly by grinding whenever an event drops them. Right now, Griffin (which has been around forever) drops void and fire. The Commercial Quest, drops water and void. The crab drops water and earth. And the new samurai quest drops dark and holy.

Medium stardust, which you can use to exchange for medallions, are usually an event point reward. The exchange shop also has rainbow essence, so thats a priority for stardust as well. I prefer to grind for medallions (esp when there is a 2x drop event), and save stardust for essence and emergencies. Like I needed them to get my new Leafa up to scratch for ranking so i exchanged about 70 wind medallions. While all my new cosplay units have their skill slots unleveled since I'm not using them anytime soon.

Keeping combo depends on if its a multiplayer quest or for a ranking event. For multiplayer, assuming your char can heal, and its not a boss that takes reduced damage during a parry, you can attack, parry the parriable ones, and SS3 through the unparriable ones, so you'll take damage, heal right back up and keep damaging without dropping combo if you time it nicely. Or if its a shield unit, just keep autoing and heal with SS3 whenever you are low. This is why people love rainy rain and sakuya.

For ranking, note that most unparriable attacks can be dodged with a quick sidestep downwards, or a jump. So learning these patterns help a lot in the long run. Try watching some F2P ranking videos to see the openings you can get, P2P normally goes for different openings since they can burst it down fast, while F2P you see more of the fight. If you are just trying to get the timer mission (e.g clear ranking in under 1 min), then a shield unit might do well in just tanking through it, since you don't drop combo, and the extra hits while you would normally be dodging help your combo count.

Basically try think of SAO MD as a turn based game. You identify what move the boss is using, do the appropriate dodge/parry, then auto-attack or SS3. Is there any particular boss you are having trouble with? Crab is probably the hardest boss to keep combo on right now since he hasn't appeared much

Jeffrey

just needa put the effort to learning a boss haha. trying to figure out my priorities atm. kinda want to get some 5* upgrade mat (got 3), and maybe enough vip tickets to get heathcliff (got 4).

grinding the alicia/eugeo star call open the door because this event is ending soon, at like 25k.

not sure if there is better use of my time.

just needa put the effort to learning a boss haha. trying to figure out my priorities atm. kinda want to get some 5* upgrade mat (got 3), and maybe enough vip tickets to get heathcliff (got 4).

grinding the alicia/eugeo star call open the door because this event is ending soon, at like 25k.

not sure if there is better use of my time.

If you want heathcliff, I would prioritise the ranking thats ending in a few hours. you can sneak into top 30, thats 3 more tickets, which together with the Master +1 in the new event should get you to 10. Also if you stick all your good chars in one team, you can probably get the ranking missions as well for another 2 tickets, assuming you didn't get them already. And a nice fast Master +1 (not even Master +2) clear with no damage should be good enough

Jeffrey

If you want heathcliff, I would prioritise the ranking thats ending in a few hours. you can sneak into top 30, thats 3 more tickets, which together with the Master +1 in the new event should get you to 10. Also if you stick all your good chars in one team, you can probably get the ranking missions as well for another 2 tickets, assuming you didn't get them already. And a nice fast Master +1 (not even Master +2) clear with no damage should be good enough
Best I could do is 70s lol. Currently traveling in Asia so gotta sleep. Also not the best game to play on bad roads lol

Maybe next time. Think I should focus and lvl up the 2 rainy units I have in the mean while.

Any good youtube channels to follow for this game for f2p and gameplay tips reviews etc?

I know ushi from when I brave frontier. Not sure whom else.

Best I could do is 70s lol. Currently traveling in Asia so gotta sleep. Also not the best game to play on bad roads lol

Maybe next time. Think I should focus and lvl up the 2 rainy units I have in the mean while.

Any good youtube channels to follow for this game for f2p and gameplay tips reviews etc?

I know ushi from when I brave frontier. Not sure whom else.

Ushi is probably the best I know of. Maybe Kuroo as well for ranking guides

How often does the stardust store refresh? I already got my rainbow essences and another 1000 medium stardust so i wonder how safe it is to spend anything above that for medallions.

edit: What should be my strategy for MC spending

I currently managed to get:

5x 5* units (3 gatcha+ event Kirito , Eugeo)
8x 4* units (6 gatcha + Black Wing Kirito+ Idol Yuna)
4x 3* healer

On the weapons front however all I have is 2x 4* gatcha weapon and bunch of 3* - plus gazillion of 4* golden/blue swords from current events so I'm doing not so great.

But the last time I tried doing weapon gatcha all I got was 2x3* weapon so I'm kinda afraid of blowing diamonds for nothing.

So I wonder if I should try to get mds fast and try again on weapon banner in hope of getting something dedicated to my units but with real risk of getting crap. Or take more of long term approach and just collect mds until I have enough to reach another step 5 on characters banners in the future and hope for weapon banners with another guaranteed 4* pull in the future.

I did the Master +1 for the new event earlier today, and got the materials to upgrade Heathcliff to 5*. And man, 5* Heathcliff is a giant upgrade over the 4* version, I'm honestly (and pleasantly) surprised they made him that good. His stats got a nice bump ( I was only keeping track of Attack, and it went up by about 300 points). His battle skills got changed to match the Gatcha 5* (4* had 1 skill to up attack, and one for MP, 5* had a combined version that gives 15% each, and Leader skill +6% attack). He also now gives combi skill with Asuna. His SS3 may also do more damage, but I don't have a baseline for testing.

Now I'm really tempted to upgrade my Start Dash Chars. People on reddit have already been saying how it helped cut down their timing on the ranking event, so it probably boosted that stats or their SS3 damage. And even though their bonus is only 5% on combi skill, its a much easier requirement to fulfill since its just same element (and for ranking events you want to use the whatever the boss is weak to anyway, so you'll be boosting your best elemental char)

How often does the stardust store refresh? I already got my rainbow essences and another 1000 medium stardust so i wonder how safe it is to spend anything above that for medallions.

edit: What should be my strategy for MC spending

I currently managed to get:

5x 5* units (3 gatcha+ event Kirito , Eugeo)
8x 4* units (6 gatcha + Black Wing Kirito+ Idol Yuna)
4x 3* healer

On the weapons front however all I have is 2x 4* gatcha weapon and bunch of 3* - plus gazillion of 4* golden/blue swords from current events so I'm doing not so great.

But the last time I tried doing weapon gatcha all I got was 2x3* weapon so I'm kinda afraid of blowing diamonds for nothing.

So I wonder if I should try to get mds fast and try again on weapon banner in hope of getting something dedicated to my units but with real risk of getting crap. Or take more of long term approach and just collect mds until I have enough to reach another step 5 on characters banners in the future and hope for weapon banners with another guaranteed 4* pull in the future.

On Stardust, it varies. theres no real fixed timing as to when the shop refills. Its not just rainbow essence but medallions can also run out (esp void). The shop has been out for a few months but there were only like 400 medallions per type for a long while, it only got bumped to 700 recently, and that was in one shot.

On MD spending, I don't know exactly who you have and what weapons. The old consensus was get 3 4* character (for a full team, 6 for double rankings like this), then go for weapons to equip them. Along the way, try to fill in missing elements so you cover all of them with 4*.

Guaranteed weapon pulls (heck any guranteed pull) are pretty rare. This is only the second one, first was when OS was released, so I wouldn't count on another one arriving anytime soon. The Step 5 guaranteed 5* was also new to the anniversary, so no one knows if its a one time thing or typical going forward.

But yeah, I think you are pretty set on the character front with 3 gatcha 5*. You should probably prioritise weapons a bit more, at least till you get them equipped.

Not sure if your 5* are all from the same banner, if they are, I would multipull that weapon banner till it expires. Once the matching banner expires though, I probably wouldn't pull weapons anymore. Start saving up MD. Probably stockpile enough (like 400 diamonds) for guaranteed banners if they appear again, and if some banner comes along that fills a hole in your team (stunner, debuffer, elemental), I'll roll. If I get one, I'll use the MDs to try to get that chars weapon and even if you don't get that chars weapon, maybe it'll fit someone else.

Don't forget to use the giftbox trick to save inventory space. if your inventory is full when you do a weapon pull, they all go to your box and don't expire. so keep them there till you get enough to evolve something. R3 evolved to R4 will do in a pinch, esp if they match element. Oh and the 3* healers are perfectly happy with 3* weapons (even 2* evolved to 3*). You just need your dps equipped with the good stuff, so you end fights before you make a fatal mistake.

W-00

I was considering saving diamonds for the birthday banners, but after my previous scouts brought me up to step 4 on the Anniversary banner, I decided to go for step 5 on the basis that it would either give me a 5* or way more hacking crystals than I could expect from the birthday banners.

I got 5* Sinon. I'm now only missing Kirito from that banner.

None of my pulls for their weapons were successful, but I still have four 4* exchange blades. Do I get Asuna's Dazzling Blade, Leafa's Eradicate Saber, or Sinon's Guisisnautor? Asuna and Leafa already have 4* weapons from other banners (though Leafa's is off-type), while the best I can currently give Sinon is a 3* bow, and if I give her the water bow it will mean a big downgrade for Sakuya. That would argue in favor of the bow, but the thing is Asuna and Leafa's weapons both came from 4* characters that I use pretty often (PirAsuna and SF Liz), and I want them to have 4* weapons, too. Decisions, decisions... And only a few days left to decide.

What will happen to anniversary shop once heathclife event is removed? Tickets for it can be gained from arianhood event which ends much later.

I was considering saving diamonds for the birthday banners, but after my previous scouts brought me up to step 4 on the Anniversary banner, I decided to go for step 5 on the basis that it would either give me a 5* or way more hacking crystals than I could expect from the birthday banners.

I got 5* Sinon. I'm now only missing Kirito from that banner.

None of my pulls for their weapons were successful, but I still have four 4* exchange blades. Do I get Asuna's Dazzling Blade, Leafa's Eradicate Saber, or Sinon's Guisisnautor? Asuna and Leafa already have 4* weapons from other banners (though Leafa's is off-type), while the best I can currently give Sinon is a 3* bow, and if I give her the water bow it will mean a big downgrade for Sakuya. That would argue in favor of the bow, but the thing is Asuna and Leafa's weapons both came from 4* characters that I use pretty often (PirAsuna and SF Liz), and I want them to have 4* weapons, too. Decisions, decisions... And only a few days left to decide.

Have you considered trading for the water rapier instead? Pirate Asuna is probably going to be used with all your 5*s due to her buff and debuff for ranking events, having 2 4* rapiers might be a good idea, assuming the current rapier you have is something like courage. Sinon bow is probably the worst choice since 5*s are good for ranking, while Sakuya is good for towers, so you probably can just swap it around between the two of them. I think you can't really go wrong with any of the choices, so maybe pick the one you like the most and plan to use even if theres no weakness.

I have a similar problem, but I only have 3 1/2 exchange swords. I really want to trade for the new dagger since I don't have an R4 Dagger at all. My Lvl 95 OS silica who has been doing work since the start (she carried me from OS to fire banner) could really use it. I kind of want to wait till 4 exchange swords instead of using an existing R4 though, but may not get it before the banner goes.

What will happen to anniversary shop once heathclife event is removed? Tickets for it can be gained from arianhood event which ends much later.

Not sure, I think you can still access it through the notices, but usually the last event with tickets has a link which isn't the case here.

Jeffrey

So how does one do the time limit missions for master +1 lol.

Don't think I have the dps and playing with randoms online is... Phew.

Are there any online discord groups with folks that can help carry me or something lol.

Want healthcliff... At 7 vip tickets lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Are there any online discord groups with folks that can help carry me or something lol.

Get lucky.

Hmm I can do Master version in 20s with good party so I might have a chance but I can't even check it since it's always at such a weird hour.

And I'm at 8 vip tickets currently (9 counting the one they give for 35k points) so that's my only chance.

Also I've got funny problem I have 14 upgrade crystals but none of my 4* chars are upgradable :D

W-00

The guild event begins tonight! Is everyone happy with their current guilds?

Have you considered trading for the water rapier instead? Pirate Asuna is probably going to be used with all your 5*s due to her buff and debuff for ranking events, having 2 4* rapiers might be a good idea, assuming the current rapier you have is something like courage.

I have considered it, actually. And Courage is exactly the 4* rapier I already have.

SAO MD reddit has a discord group, I'm not in it myself, but i hear its fairly active

The guild event begins tonight! Is everyone happy with their current guilds?

I joined a random reddit guild in my timezone, and am fairly happy with it. We fixed a time for events and usually 2 or 3 ppl are on (4 today). Got the 5M Multi thing without any trouble. The whole guild is pretty enthusiastic about the guild missions, the hunting missions usually end in less than a couple of days. Right now we are hovering around the 150ish rank, and more than 1/2 the guild did their M+1 already

Mine look to be completely dead. Only one other person played event. If they don't return tomorrow morning I'll have to escape.

edit: Got Heathcliff yesterday :) No chances to upgrade or LB him since I was too late for most of events but at least I have another 4* for tower.

Birthday banner looks great! Princess Asuna should be an awesome 5*. I dropped like a 1000 plus MD on the princess banner when it came out looking for a debuffer and really hoped to get her, but got nothing lol. Hopefully this time would be better.

Out of curiosity, who do you think is the best character overall?

I think its a close race between Asuna and Rain. Asuna is in most banners and usually 1 of the best chars in the banner, OS Asuna (both versions) Nin Asuna, Pirate, etc, like I don't think theres a horrible one (well maybe Idol Asuna). The birthday banner is stacked with good units.

Rain has very few units, but hers are all top tier. Rainy rain and Yukata Rain are like the queens of floor clearing and ranking respectively. Maid Rain isn't too shabby either.

W-00

Rain has the quite lackluster Multi-Wielder Rain, though, which drags her average down quite a bit. In terms of averaging them out, I think Alice stands a decent shot. Sure, she doesn't reach the heights of Rain, but I don't think there's been a bad Alice.

A decent argument could also be made for Sakuya, as long as we're only counting 4* and above, since she's only had a single 4* and it's a really good one.

Also, it seems that I won't be exchanging for either rapier after all. Against my better judgement, I made one last multipull on the anniversary weapon banner and got TWO Dazzling Blinks. Looks like I'll be getting Leafa's sword.

Jeffrey

sweet pulled lightning dance asuna on step 2. Maybe her rates are genuinely higher?

wonder if her being a 'upgraded' 4* means her base rate is similar to a 4* vs 5*?

It's possible I have seen tons of people pulling her on reddit. Also I didn't know it but birthday banners after step3 go back to step1 at 50% off.

If rates are like other banners, 5* is 2%, and Princess Asuna has that all to herself. So she's really likely to appear. Compare to the old 4% for 4* shared by 6 characters, even with rate up, you probably only get 1% or so. And if people did Step 3 for double rate she has a 4% chance to appear, so pretty much a banner with just her in it.

Still even with that, I got nothing. 11x 2*, not even a 3* lol. I kind of want the princess, but will probably save. Will pull dark for discount, but dunno if I'll pull much more. I have TYuuki and Nin Leafa, plus I can upgrade Start Dash Yuuki to 5*(really tempted) Will see how ranking shakes out.

This game feels really generous for F2P players. Birthday banners for 125 mds for step1 suprised me and then we get 15 back from clearing event stage and then they dropped 25 for login bonus so 1/3 of pull already paid back.

Then in new medal shop outside of gold medals giving Liz we have chance to pull gatcha 4/5* units alonside het.

And we have 2 more birthdays in next two weeks.

edit: I feel like a moron now - I was so afraid of tower that I barely cleared 20 floors all this time and now when I returned to it before it closes I'm at floor 60 already :D Time to get that green Leafa armor from exchange store.

This game feels really generous for F2P players. Birthday banners for 125 mds for step1 suprised me and then we get 15 back from clearing event stage and then they dropped 25 for login bonus so 1/3 of pull already paid back.

Then in new medal shop outside of gold medals giving Liz we have chance to pull gatcha 4/5* units alonside het.

And we have 2 more birthdays in next two weeks.

edit: I feel like a moron now - I was so afraid of tower that I barely cleared 20 floors all this time and now when I returned to it before it closes I'm at floor 60 already :D Time to get that green Leafa armor from exchange store.

You might not want to exchange for it just yet. The shop version is only 4*, and isn't a big improvement over other 4* armor. The 5 star is great cos it adds attack, so you may want to save up 50 fragments and do it in one go.

You might not want to exchange for it just yet. The shop version is only 4*, and isn't a big improvement over other 4* armor. The 5 star is great cos it adds attack, so you may want to save up 50 fragments and do it in one go.

Does the equip rotate in the exchange shop ? They green ones aren't listed as limited but they seem to be connected to event.

50 fragments is 3-4 towers for me

My god are these tower quest stressful.

How do y'all do it lol. I need more waifus

It's not that bad - at worst case there's 11 stages to clear so with each unit usable twice you can get by with around 11 waifus :) plus some healers from 3* rod users.

I started taking notes - I'm throwing something at floor and if it cleared relatively easy I write it down in case I'd have to repeat it again (or I leave it blank to know this setup haven't worked)

And of course I'm using this as my knowledge base:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JhbnQPSMo3BlEnVP1GUBrgNc80/edit#gid=946195326

to help with planning to not use element needed later.

My god are these tower quest stressful.

How do y'all do it lol. I need more waifus

Well towers are usually a month long, so theres usually a lot of time (not much help now since its expiring soon, but good to keep in mind for the future). If I'm having trouble at a boss, I usually take a couple of cracks at it before taking a break and retrying the next day. Its really frustrating if you keep dying at the final mission before the end.

Also, I have a nice collection of rainy / summer fest characters, which reduces a lot of stress knowing that they can usually clear 2 floors each with no skill on my part.

Lastly, don't worry about S rank clears initially. If you can dodge down to avoid the hit, run up and auto twice before needing to dodge again (e.g against gleam eyes), just take 10 mins and cheese him that way. May be stressful, but also less risky than parrying.

Does the equip rotate in the exchange shop ? They green ones aren't listed as limited but they seem to be connected to event.

50 fragments is 3-4 towers for me

So far all the armors haven't expired yet. Asuna's one was the first and from like 3 months ago. and you usually get an elemental 4* armor whenever a banner gets released thats comparable to the 4* fragment armor.

Jeffrey

watching ushi's vids... still not sure what im missing lol.

like i can finish the ranking quest but it takes like 3 mins. Problem for me is generally mp management though.

^^ Make sure to reroll your account until you get 5* on your first gatcha roll (I'd suggest doing a bunch of easy quests until you get 125 mds and then roll on halloween banner until you get 5*) that will make game much easier for You in the future.

Got myself to floor 69 of tower - 70 was too strong ehh.

I'll be better prepared for next one for sure :) But at least I'm slowly learning how to parry

watching ushi's vids... still not sure what im missing lol.

like i can finish the ranking quest but it takes like 3 mins. Problem for me is generally mp management though.

If your run is similar to his vids and you aren't taking damage and parrying every chance you get, then there could be several causes.

1) Elemental advantage. Dark characters do 2x damage, so not having them will really slow down your run

2) Ranking accessory. R4 gives +10% extra damage, which adds up, so if you are shooting for a good ranking, give it to all 3 chars

3) Raw stats, Ushi generally has at least non matching R4 weapons, and occasionally some limit breaks, so the ATK stats on his char is on the high end for F2P. Also skill slots can add another 250 ATK and 10% damage.

4) Combo. This boss is irritating in that there are really long gaps between his attacks, so its really easily to drop combo. If you lose combo every time he flies, that drags down your timing immensely. Full combo gets me 50s, and if i drop it mid way i get like 1:20. It is barely possible to keep combo with a 3s combo window, but 5 will give you a lot more leeway

5) Double 5* (even off element). Not many chances to parry so you want to squeeze as much damage as you can when you do.

MP issues usually suggests you aren't autoing enough during the openings between attacks, but can't really tell without a vid of your run.

W-00

I only managed to clear 94 floors of the tower. I just ran out of capable characters (and time). Maybe if I hadn't put it off for so long I'd've been able to clear it.

I also forgot to exchange for Leafa's sword while I had the chance. That was an unpleasant realization.

Bamco has been doing a really good job ensuring I can't save up any memory diamonds. I couldn't resist making the initial discounted pull on the Halloween banner (wanted that Alice, you know). Argo gave me flowers, and... Kirito popped out (along with four record crystals). I mean, I can't be upset since I got a 5*, dual-bladers are supposed to be good, and I have a couple weapons for him, but I was rolling purely for waifu purposes. Does anyone know how the Halloween characters stack up against each other?

No idea but i saw there's second part banner with 100% waifus on 5* so i'm waiting for that. But we get 2 more birthday banners this week so i'll at least do 125 md scout on them for hacking crystals.

Top Bottom